Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well, Blizzard HAS done 10 years of April fools jokes, so....

yeah...
    So has ArenaNet.

What, you didn't think there was a "GuildWars 1"? GuildWars has ALWAYS had fun and brilliantly effective April Fool's jokes every year, and this is from someone who's played both GW and WoW for years and years. ArenaNet always has just done this better, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Suwide View Post
    trolololololol, not enough content currently? not enough content coming? and then rather would like to have them doing useless april fool jokes, some are just here for trolling or are just plain braindead.
    Yeah, putting in a 3-level dungeon and whole weapon set while also releasing a whole weapon set just a one week previous, AND had been doing substantial content patches monthly since January?

The braindead person is the one who's only played just the one game and runs their mouth about what they want to believe is happening elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    When Arena.net has an Arenacon equitable to Blizzcon, then we can talk about equitable allocation of resources.
    As someone who's been to Blizzcon? Like, really, I've been to Blizzcon?

No.

Stop man.

That's not even what's being compared here. So I don't even know why you think "Oh blizz puts zero effort into April Fool's days jokes compared to x company but at least we have our own Convention!!!" is a good argument. What's being compared here is "One game company invested time in a project they felt was fun and would be great to play around in for a short while while another one delegates 2-3 people on the art team to make a silly webpage and silly writeup, for the 4th time in a row."

Have you seen the other newspost from yesterday where ElvUI had its joke? A user interface mod writer team made a more visible & visceral April Fool's joke than Blizzard did. Imagine if Blizzard ever took the time to make it so that suddenly your UI began to dance in-game? Or if everyone was cosmetically race-swapped for 24 hours? ANYTHING in game, where all it takes is just a bit of time for the coders and art team to do something silly to share wit fans, and not just some equivalent of a banner on the wall outside of the themepark.

And secondly? Blizzcon is a crapfest compared to actual gaming conventions, ie PAX. It was great at the beginning when there was more space and emphasis on community stuff (artist galleries, for example) but in 2011 it was like walking through a giant Blizzard commercial. Blizzcon didn't happen in 2012 because having Blizzcon in a year where they have no new expansions to announce is a waste of time financially and logistically, which is point proven that they really don't care about it being a fun annual gathering for fans anymore. It's rather depressing to think about, really. Just don't use it as a "WELL THIS IS BETTER BECUZ--" because anyone who actually goes to conventions is just gonna shake their head at you and laugh.

TL;DR, coming from one of those weird people who managed to have the capacity to like more than one MMO?

WoW has its good things. And GW2 has its good things. Just on April Fool's, GW2 did something better. Deal with it.

If it really hurts your feelings that badly, just keep in mind that RIFT is still an overhyped failure of a game. We can all point and laugh at RIFT together.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2013-04-03 at 09:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    Is it just me or are eggs a problem every year of Noblegarden? Glad I did that crap 4 years ago.
    and no matter how many people complain Blizzard does not fix it. They should be distributed throughout the whole zone, instead they are fixed and sometimes the people waiting are two or three deep.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know if MMOChamp covered this yet but on PTR the Transmog npc now lets you choose from any armor you have in your bank, void storage or on your character up to 10 different pieces of that particular gear you want to transmog.
    Last edited by Nuvuk; 2013-04-03 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    I dont know if MMOChamp covered this yet but on PTR the Transmog npc now lets you choose from any armor you have in your bank, void storage or on your character up to 10 different pieces of that particular gear you want to transmog.
    Oh dear god I hope you're not joking... I'm very lazy, so I always carry my transmog set around.. This could free up my bags quite a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Nibi View Post
    the GW2 Super Adventure Box thing is brilliant

Lots of fun and i hope they expand on it rather than just being a joke they put in
    so when another studio expands on a joke it's ok but when blizzard does it then it's RAGE LORELOL PANDAS IS A JOKE?

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been doing nothing, but Super Adventure Box since the 31st.

I think I should go to work. I think my boss is wondering where I'm at.

Can we now all agree blizzard have changes and is not the same anymore?

Zarhym's non-answer is, as always, kinda odd - is he saying that years where Blizzard put out jokes there wasn't content under development? Of course I'm being facetious, but this kind of poorly prepared PR highlights one thing: they think we're idiots.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eye Sore and Mind Daggers now deal less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
    Thank Heavens! Going to see how it works out next week.

Half of the raid getting one-shot by the damn eye sores stopped wasn't funny the first time and it definitely wasn't funny on the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by crsh1976 View Post
    Zarhym's non-answer is, as always, kinda odd - is he saying that years where Blizzard put out jokes there wasn't content under development? Of course I'm being facetious, but this kind of poorly prepared PR highlights one thing: they think we're idiots.
    The worst part is , it worked on most people. Do you really think that one guy who made the awesome dark ranger photo shop was unable to work at his job for a week? It would maybe take a few days out of the week lightly working and some imagination to make a decent joke.

This excuse is the same damn one we get any time we ask for something and they quarter ass it .
    Funny, making new, fun and interesting things never prevented new serious content from being created before.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Shh, you are going to spoil my next news post. You can do this since 5.2 with an addon.

Deleted
    Things like that aren't real april fools, april fools is something that you introduce to players which mostly a lot would like, it looks more than real and without a question plausible. Anyone knows from the 1st second that GW2 video is not going to be real.

I didn't realize the entire warcraft team was required to produce a fake class page (like the 24-hour fan-made one) or a fake 8-bit flash app. Wasn't the mantra in the past "different teams do different stuff" and working on one thing like new player models doesn't affect daily quest programmers? Didn't know the webpage art team was so critical to their patch development cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    So has ArenaNet.

What, you didn't think there was a "GuildWars 1"? GuildWars has ALWAYS had fun and brilliantly effective April Fool's jokes every year, and this is from someone who's played both GW and WoW for years and years. ArenaNet always has just done this better, period.

Yeah, putting in a 3-level dungeon and whole weapon set while also releasing a whole weapon set just a one week previous, AND had been doing substantial content patches monthly since January?

The braindead person is the one who's only played just the one game and runs their mouth about what they want to believe is happening elsewhere.

As someone who's been to Blizzcon? Like, really, I've been to Blizzcon?

No.

Stop man.

That's not even what's being compared here. So I don't even know why you think "Oh blizz puts zero effort into April Fool's days jokes compared to x company but at least we have our own Convention!!!" is a good argument. What's being compared here is "One game company invested time in a project they felt was fun and would be great to play around in for a short while while another one delegates 2-3 people on the art team to make a silly webpage and silly writeup, for the 4th time in a row."

Have you seen the other newspost from yesterday where ElvUI had its joke? A user interface mod writer team made a more visible & visceral April Fool's joke than Blizzard did. Imagine if Blizzard ever took the time to make it so that suddenly your UI began to dance in-game? Or if everyone was cosmetically race-swapped for 24 hours? ANYTHING in game, where all it takes is just a bit of time for the coders and art team to do something silly to share wit fans, and not just some equivalent of a banner on the wall outside of the themepark.

And secondly? Blizzcon is a crapfest compared to actual gaming conventions, ie PAX. It was great at the beginning when there was more space and emphasis on community stuff (artist galleries, for example) but in 2011 it was like walking through a giant Blizzard commercial. Blizzcon didn't happen in 2012 because having Blizzcon in a year where they have no new expansions to announce is a waste of time financially and logistically, which is point proven that they really don't care about it being a fun annual gathering for fans anymore. It's rather depressing to think about, really. Just don't use it as a "WELL THIS IS BETTER BECUZ--" because anyone who actually goes to conventions is just gonna shake their head at you and laugh.

TL;DR, coming from one of those weird people who managed to have the capacity to like more than one MMO?

WoW has its good things. And GW2 has its good things. Just on April Fool's, GW2 did something better. Deal with it.

If it really hurts your feelings that badly, just keep in mind that RIFT is still an overhyped failure of a game. We can all point and laugh at RIFT together.
    Why are you so defensive O.o sheesh dude chill... You're not the only one coming from "more than one mmo" and holy crap did very few people make april's fool jokes this year. So unrustle your jimmies about GW2 and WoW...

The lack of Aprils fools jokes is a great example of the decline of this company.
    In the past making something entertaining for the public was the most important thing to them, Now under EA its profit that holds the most important.
    I had a feeling that they'd skip out this year knowing their new attitude those hardcore fans that are left should be disappointed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Things like that aren't real april fools, april fools is something that you introduce to players which mostly a lot would like, it looks more than real and without a question plausible. Anyone knows from the 1st second that GW2 video is not going to be real.
    Actually EXACTLY THE SAME mini-game you saw in that video is already in GW2 and any player can play it until the end of april ( at least ).
    Last edited by mmocb85e155447; 2013-04-03 at 02:05 PM.

Anyone else think that song from 8-bit GW2 is incredibly catchy? lol

Quote Originally Posted by StGank View Post
    Why? You believe that jokes don't require additional work? Plenty of real content, if you haven't noticed 5.2 barely came out and 5.3 is already on the PTR and 5.4 will surely follow suite soon enough. I would much rather have Blizzard working on making good on that promise for faster patches than some waste of time jokes just so a couple of people could get their jollies.
    Err. You do realise Blizzard is not three guys working from a basement, right? The people who make actual game content are not the same people who make things like the april's fools jokes. The april's fools jokes are handled by their community managers and the web team. So it's pretty obvious that Zarhym's initial reply was a kneejerk reaction. His reply to the second guy reveals that they essentially messed up in their plans and couldn't get anything ready in time. So yeah.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    *Snip*

I'm pretty sure GW2 got hyped A LOT more than RIFT, and expectations of GW2 where a lot higher.
    Also comparing small crappy monthly patches to big seasonal patches.. I rather have the big patches.
    Atleast RIFT has both decent pvp and pve, ain't GW2's pve content limited to 5mans?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    The lack of Aprils fools jokes is a great example of the decline of this company.
    In the past making something entertaining for the public was the most important thing to them, Now under EA its profit that holds the most important.
    I had a feeling that they'd skip out this year knowing their new attitude those hardcore fans that are left should be disappointed.
    Can't tell if trying to do late April's Fools joke or stupid... what was that about "under EA"?