Need to identify a cable on the power supply.

looks like additional power for the mobo which are either 4 or 8 pin

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a poor picture. Does it say 12v? CPU? 8?

It's probably the 4+4 CPU power plug.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Kind of a poor picture. Does it say 12v? CPU? 8?

It's probably the 4+4 CPU power plug.
    It is a 4+4 CPU power plug, now I can't find anywhere to put these. Are they for older model mobos or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    looks like additional power for the mobo which are either 4 or 8 pin
    thisssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinShake View Post
    Are they for older model mobos or something?
    No, those 4 or 8 pin connectors are meant for mobos that support over 50W processors, basically everything today... In most modern boards it's 4pin for mATX or smaller board and 4+4 pin for full ATX or bigger board. For example on this picture of new Asus P8Z77-V you plug the 4+4 pin cable to the blue connector at the right edge of the board close to CPU socket. This extra CPU power connector will always be near CPU socket and probably same color as the big 24pin power connector elsewhere.

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    No, those 4 or 8 pin connectors are meant for mobos that support over 50W processors, basically everything today... In most modern boards it's 4pin for mATX or smaller board and 4+4 pin for full ATX or bigger board. For example on this picture of new Asus P8Z77-V you plug the 4+4 pin cable to the blue connector at the right edge of the board close to CPU socket. This extra CPU power connector will always be near CPU socket and probably same color as the big 24pin power connector elsewhere.

Yes but I already connected a 8 pin one for my mobo which is
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128544 at the top left corner, these are just there..

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinShake View Post
    Yes but I already connected a 8 pin one for my mobo which is
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128544 at the top left corner, these are just there..
    Did you perhaps connect a power cable meant for graphics card into the CPU power socket? 6+2 pin cable goes for graphics, 4+4 pin for CPU (and I didn't know you you can put those wrong way around).

Or do you perhaps have some 1000W+ monster PSU that comes with two power cables for CPU in both 8pin and 4+4pin format? Maybe time to open that PSU manual and see what's inside...
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2013-04-03 at 08:20 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    What power supply do you have?

Also, maybe a better picture...? Black cables on black background with low light isn't conducive to helping >.>

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 01:25 AM ----------

Nevermind. I'm assuming you have the Seasonic M12II 620. It has a 4+4 CPU as well as an 8 Pin CPU (as well as the 6 and 6+2 PCIE). They do not get used together. One set is omitted. The CPU power cables are NOT modular.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-04-03 at 08:21 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Tell us the Power supply and we can know for sure but at this point i am assuming that Chazus has it figured out with the multiple power options.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went back a few posts made by the OP when he was getting his system built, and of the suggestions, the Seasonic 620 has that exact config, so I figure thats what he has, with the dual 8 pin, and him having an extra 8 pin. =D

SHERLOCK HOLMES'D