Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New BattleGround Queing system.

What do youguys think about the new battleground system that there implementing? IMO Its what i always thought should of happened from the beginning. Its a very great addition to the next patch and i actually think the game is moving forward since patch 5.2.

Deleted
    well, does it mean im going to have longer queues now because im dps? if so then i hate it already. if my queue is still instant as dps i dont care.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really know what to think about it. Might make queueing very long for non-healers, which in turn makes them queue as healers as dps (the ones that can do that, of course), making the whole thing pointless.
    Last edited by Santti; 2013-04-04 at 12:06 PM.

I clicked the cat o_o

Deleted
    Queue times for Horde are already very long. If this makes it any longer, I don't see why I'd do PvP anymore. Some queue times are as long as the BGs themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    Queue times for Horde are already very long. If this makes it any longer, I don't see why I'd do PvP anymore. Some queue times are as long as the BGs themselves.

i transfered my rogue to alliance just for pvp because i was sick of the queue times, was waiting like 10mins, just for a loss, now on alliance i wait 3seconds, and win more than i did on horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i transfered my rogue to alliance just for pvp because i was sick of the queue times, was waiting like 10mins, just for a loss, now on alliance i wait 3seconds, and win more than i did on horde.
    I know, I did the same in Cataclysm and then went back horde because I was more into PvE. I've been thinking to go Alliance just to gear up because it sucks to be horde right now.

Deleted
    so is there any news on how this sytem works? will it affect queue times?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    I know, I did the same in Cataclysm and then went back horde because I was more into PvE. I've been thinking to go Alliance just to gear up because it sucks to be horde right now.
    Do dungeons and convert Justice to Honor, then do Arena's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually dreading this as a healer..battles are going to last ages :S

Maybe they're introducing cross-faction the patch after to fix queues
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Maybe they're introducing cross-faction the patch after to fix queues

it would actually be kinda cool if they did, it would make no sense lore wise, but would probably fix queue times.

I don't think this will have a predetermined amount of healers / Tanks that it's looking for. Maybe if there is only one healer and 9 dps queueing on one side, it will just try to make the other side equal.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    it would actually be kinda cool if they did, it would make no sense lore wise, but would probably fix queue times.
    Yeah grown adults killing each other over a flag doesn't really make a lot of sense either
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't really see how it works...what stops me from queueing as a dps when a healer in order to get an additional healer? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why they don't make things like dungeons, battlegrounds and what not have both factions able to que up and join each other.

Say you're horde, you see the alliance as horde races, and alliance see us as alliance races. Just for the visual appeal of being on a certain faction. Would be neat.

As for this, I hope it doesn't make que times worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i don't really see how it works...what stops me from queueing as a dps when a healer in order to get an additional healer? :S

yeah, if healers do get quicker queues for BGs there is nothing to stop me pressing healer on my shadow priest i dont think.

10+ Year Old Account
    if they add roles for pvp to try and balance the number of healers/dps/tanks on each side then queing as healer when dps is a bad move, as you will get to fight against a team which will have potentially one healer more than yours, unless they get another clever dps. Plus i can imagine the QQ and eventual kicks for players flagged as healers who are dpsing :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It's how it should be, yeah. Will actually have BG's with healers instead of praying to the gods that you get one in your group. Same with flag carriers. Hopefully it works out in practice as good as it sounds on paper.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Yeah grown adults killing each other over a flag doesn't really make a lot of sense either
    It's a pretty awesome flag.