Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Megaera 10 man normal help

We did it today on our fourth try, green-red-repeat. Basiclly, it was all about saving mana and cds to the last 3 rampage/4 heads.

Our holy paladin was late so we went with disc+monk+rdruid and elemental shaman with some extra off-healing.

Logs here, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2319&e=2757

Once again, thanks for all the tips and suggestions in this thread!

-------

Hey guys,

Would appreciate a little help with Megaera 10 man normal.

We mostly tried “Green-Red-repeat” but succumbed to ~200k poison bombs etc. at the sixth head, so it doesn’t feel like a viable strategy considering another rampage and the last head still waiting.

We had our monk log his rouge alt (and spriest went disc) but his dps is way too low.

We also had one try with a blue head in the middle but that messed up a lot, and a few tries with 4 healers didn’t improve anything.

Our average item level is in the low 500s, but I believe our holy paladin and monk are underperforming, and probably hunter/warrior too.

Logs here: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...pes&boss=68065

So, if you look at our rooster and performance, what strategy would you recommend? I’m having a hard time finding the optimal solution, but I guess the way to go is killing 1-2-3-1-2-3-X to minimize incoming damage (Hydra Frenzy/Elemental blood of Megaera), and just L2P all the different abilities from frost, fire, poison?

This is our normal setup:
    Blood DK
    Prot Warrior

Feral druid (me)
    Fury/arms warrior
    Frost/arcane mage
    Surv hunter
    Shadow priest (disc os)

Holy paladin
    Resto druid
    Mist. Monk

Additional players available: Elemental shaman, Surv hunter

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by mmoce912b7f717; 2013-04-07 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    What we did in 25-Man was just ignore the green Head altogether and just tank through the Frenzy-Stacks (obviously switching tanks after each head) and just always focused the blue or red head. Just use a couple of CDs if the stacks get too high. We did it with a BrM Monk (me) and a Blood DK and the week after with the BrM and a Prot Warrior, so it should be doable. But that was 25-Man, not sure if it works for 10-Man aswell.

Deleted
    Have you tried blue-green-red-blue-green-red-blue-green-red. Are ppl running away with the debuffs etc? Is everyone following the mechanics?
    If so you just need to have a firm cd rotation during ragephases. Stuff like DK using AMZ etc, maybe take in the shammy for extra healing cd?
    Fights on normal arent really a dpsrace, specially if you guys are at 500ish ilvl. Does the priest know how to play disc? How to gem etc. Cause i mean having a disc that does dps and heals at the same time is win. Otherwise since that fight has alot of aoe he might be able to help out more as Holy. You could even make the druid go boomkin if he knows how to play it, os tranq is all thats needed anyway. Never had the opurtunity to play with a misty but of what ive seen their "aoe" healing seems kinda nice. Looking at your longest try the healing didnt really seem bad or anything. You do have long fights tho, you can compare to our kill this week http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3408&e=3761
    under 6 mins. Seeing as you guys are 2 mins over that and still dont kill it i would say it has to be as you stated underperformance.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have not killed it yet (best attempt was 1.5 heads left), but we tried all the things suggested of the kill order. Spent roughly 2 hours doing green-red-green-etc. But that put so much stress onto the healers that they were oom on the 4th/5th head, which was bad. We even resorted in dispelling on spot.

For 1 hour or so last night we went with green-red-blue-green-red-blue. It worked out a lot better. There was no healing issue, just some people who didn't pay attention to the fact that they were right in the breaths cone (when it was turned away from raid). Getting used to kiting the beam and cinders to nullify each other will take few pull. But in general I truly believe that if you have competent raiders who know how to play their class even on the run, it shouldn't be an issue and makes the fight easier all together.

Try to get the red head down as fast as possible (well, all heads should die as fast as possible), the less fire stacks your tank has, the better. Cause I know if we hit 3 stacks with of fire, it will be bit harder to keep the tank up, specially later on. We asked to save the major CD for red heads just so it would go down faster.
    I compared your and our longest attempts and we are doing roughly the same DPS. So your heads should go down around the same time as our, with same amount of stacks.

As with healing try to set up a rotation, and ask you DPS (like yourself) to be in the rotation as well, to help out with the extra healing or defensive CD.

I would say trying the "killing all heads at least twice strategy" could benefit you as well. It will take some pulls to get used with the kiting and stuff placement.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-03 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Green > Red > Green > Red (etc.) strat is a strat designed for raids consisting of amazing healers and DPS, so that they can cheese mechanics and skip having to kite the frost beam entirely. The catch with this strat is that not a single person can be slacking (at least, in 10man they can't). If you don't have an entire raid with everyone at 95-105k +, and amazing healers, you're going to have a BAD time trying to use this strat. Just stop trying to cheese the mechanics and do the fight the easy, less healing and DPS intensive way, and learn how to do the frost beam kiting.

Edit: Just checked your logs and your group's DPS doesn't seem all that bad. Idk whether your tanks would be able to pump out a little more DPS at all though? Looking at my guild's first kill, we had our Brewmaster Monk doing 90k and the Blood DK 75k DPS.

Looking at one of your best 3 attempts, your tank died to the DoT from the red head. This was an issue for my guild too, and it's because the DoT from the red head hurts a LOT more than the other 2 heads. What you need to do is DPS the greens nomally, but save all your smaller cooldowns (1-3 min CDs), then use your small DPS cooldowns on the reds, to try and burst them down before the tank reaches 3 stacks of the DoT. If the tank reaches 3 stacks, he's going to start hurting, big time.

Also, it appears your group is Bloodlusting far too early. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind this, but you REALLY want to save your Bloodlust for the final rampage, to give the healers an extra 30% haste during the rampage so they can keep everyone up, and also the added benefit of higher DPS on the final green head meaning it'll die faster before people start dropping off from acid rain / cinders like flies (and believe me, they do).

Try rotating some healing cooldowns during all the rampages (as the poster below me has already suggested), but don't hesistate to use your CDs a lot more loosely on the early ones. No point not using a CD if it'll be off CD by the next rampage where you actually need it. Instead of just healing your ass off during the first rampage, with the possibility of running oom later in the fight, just drop a cooldown like SLT which would be up by about the 5th rampage when you would need it again, or something along those lines. (obviously you can't use SLT with no resto sham, but it's just an example).

Also acid rain deals damage according to how close you are to it. Regardless if you're standing just outside the green circle on the ground, you still take damage, and you'll take far more damage than someone standing 20 yards away from it. Looks like some of your players took huge hits from the green, and my guess is that they're running just clear of the green circle, thinking they're safe, and stopping there. Need to keep running away and not stopping til the damage from it landing has gone out.

As for cinders- anyone who's capable of dispelling themselves should do so, as much as possible, because the faster you can get it off you, the less damage you take from the DoT. Since you have to run clear of everyone else, the healers are waiting to dispell you, and if they wait 1 second longer to dispell you because they're not 100% sure you're in a safe spot, you're going to take an extra ~100k tick from it. Best to not risk it and just clear yourself as soon as you think you're safe, and avoid those extra risky ticks.
    Last edited by ZaneBusby; 2013-04-03 at 09:13 AM.

In my experience, it all comes down to raidwide cooldown usage. We did the popular R/G repeating strat, however our healers are a strong part of our raid with 2 of the 3 being very skilled so that helped quite a bit.

Here is our group comp:

Prot Warrior
    BrM Monk

Destro Lock
    Frost DK
    Fury Warrior
    Frost Mage
    Ele Shaman

Resto Shaman
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid

This is a very good resto shaman fight given the fact that theres consistent times for them to use their CDs appropriately, but having a MW could make up for that. You also don't have any healthstones in your raid, another strong utility during the 6th head.

For tanking we had our BrM tank red the entire time, while our Prot took green, of course taking turns with blue. I recommend having your DK stay on red the entire time because they are also good magic soakers and red is without a doubt the hardest hitting one of the 3 for that reason. Although I looked through the logs and you seem to be using double prot warrior and not the listed blood DK.

Now here is where the previously mentioned important part comes in, the cooldown management.
    1st: Nothing
    2nd: Warrior Banner
    3rd: Warrior Banner + Rallying Cry
    4th: Rallying Cry + Healing Tide
    5th: Spirit Link Totem + Tranq+Warrior Banner
    6th: Lust+Devotion Aura + Avert Harm + Warrior Banner

During all of this we have our ele shaman use the talent Conductivity.

This is your raids weakness, a very small amount of cooldowns. I'll try my best to suggest an order from what I have to work with.

3rd: Rallying Cry + Warrior Banner
    4th: Revival + Rallying Cry + Feral Tranq
    5th: Glyph of Vampiric Embrace + Warrior Banner (this one will hurt, recommend saving any personal defensive CDs for it)
    6th: Time Warp + Resto Tranq + Devotion Aura + Warrior Banner

That's the best I could think of, if anyone else has a better order feel free to mention it.

I recommend having your holy paladin take Hand of Purity for this fight strictly for the Fire dot that is placed on the tanks. Also have your healers dispel instantly instead of waiting for people to move out of raid. In our experience it was easier to just save us the extra dot ticks.

I have zero successful experience with throwing in a blue head, but if the healing is lacking on the later heads I'd suggest throwing one or 2 blue heads in there. IE: B/G/B/R/G/R/G

I'll edit with more if I can think of anything, this is all from a team that doesn't raid that much throughout the week so I apologize if you don't find much of the information of use here. Best of luck to you guys.
    Last edited by Rushro; 2013-04-03 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adrii021 View Post
    Have you tried blue-green-red-blue-green-red-blue-green-red. Are ppl running away with the debuffs etc? Is everyone following the mechanics?
    If so you just need to have a firm cd rotation during ragephases. Stuff like DK using AMZ etc, maybe take in the shammy for extra healing cd?
    Fights on normal arent really a dpsrace, specially if you guys are at 500ish ilvl. Does the priest know how to play disc? How to gem etc. Cause i mean having a disc that does dps and heals at the same time is win. Otherwise since that fight has alot of aoe he might be able to help out more as Holy. You could even make the druid go boomkin if he knows how to play it, os tranq is all thats needed anyway. Never had the opurtunity to play with a misty but of what ive seen their "aoe" healing seems kinda nice. Looking at your longest try the healing didnt really seem bad or anything. You do have long fights tho, you can compare to our kill this week http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3408&e=3761
    under 6 mins. Seeing as you guys are 2 mins over that and still dont kill it i would say it has to be as you stated underperformance.
    Thanks for checking our logs.

You have a rank 12 and rank 64 on dps and 5 ppl over 115k

At best, we can have 3 ppl push 110k at the moment, and since we're not even close to have your pala/disc-combo I think we should scrap the red-green-repeat strat if we can't get healing cds to work.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 08:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    The Green > Red > Green > Red (etc.) strat is a strat designed for raids consisting of amazing healers and DPS, so that they can cheese mechanics and skip having to kite the frost beam entirely. The catch with this strat is that not a single person can be slacking (at least, in 10man they can't). If you don't have an entire raid with everyone at 95-105k +, and amazing healers, you're going to have a BAD time trying to use this strat. Just stop trying to cheese the mechanics and do the fight the easy, less healing and DPS intensive way, and learn how to do the frost beam kiting.
    Thanks, we will for sure play the "intended" way if we hit a brick wall, but I would like to try improve healing/dps CD usage first (since it doesn't "feel" impossible).
    Last edited by mmoce912b7f717; 2013-04-03 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackpack View Post
    Thanks, we will for sure play the "intended" way if we hit a brick wall, but I would like to try improve healing/dps CD usage first (since it doesn't "feel" impossible).
    Then you'd be banging your heads against an unnecessarily tough brick wall for little reason.

Let me explain. Red/Green is the throughput dependent strat. It requites huge DPS/HPS which comes from both skill and gear. Your average iLevel you said id low 500s which is about average which means you'll need a medium level of skill to meet the requirements. If you outgeared it (ie: 515 iLevel) then it'd be an easy start but you don't.

Alternatively Red/Blue is mostly skill dependant (coordination, etc.) and less about gear. There's much less overall DMG what there is is mostly avoidable. If you have the skill to do Red/Green then you definitely have the skill to do Red/Blue with more ease, so why not do it?

That's my take on it anyway. We started off Red/Green and made it to the 7th head but barely. We switched to Red/Blue and got it within a few attempts and it felt a lot easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    ..and you seem to be using double prot warrior and not the listed blood DK.

This is your raids weakness, a very small amount of cooldowns. I'll try my best to suggest an order from what I have to work with.

3rd: Rallying Cry + Warrior Banner
    4th: Revival + Rallying Cry + Feral Tranq
    5th: Glyph of Vampiric Embrace + Warrior Banner (this one will hurt, recommend saving any personal defensive CDs for it)
    6th: Time Warp + Resto Tranq + Devotion Aura + Warrior Banner

...Best of luck to you guys.
    Thanks for your suggestions!

Yeah, our DK will be back on Sunday so we had to use another prot warrior this time.

This CD list looks interesting, our shadow priest (if doesn't go disc) could also use Symbiosis- Tranq somewhere here, probably on the 5th then?

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild killed it with Green > Red > Green > Red > Green > Blue > Green > Red > Green

Yes, it is healing intensive, we healed with no mana from the 8th head died and we're in the high 500's to low 520's (Insane loot luck for some people, really unlucky for others) with healers at 507(Paladin), 515(Druid) and 520(disc). The disc just smite spamming and SS'ing for the AoE phase.
    Can't link our logs because I'm not used to my addon not working, so I keep forgetting to turn them on. Sorry.

All this being said, if your players aren't all that amazing / have bad gear, I'd suggest the normal strat of Green > Red > Blue repeat (Or any varation thereof)

Deleted
    Thanks for checking our logs.

You have a rank 12 and rank 64 on dps and 5 ppl over 115k

At best, we can have 3 ppl push 110k at the moment, and since we're not even close to have your pala/disc-combo I think we should scrap the red-green-repeat strat if we can't get healing cds to work.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 08:58 AM ----------

Yea but you guys did the combo we could handle, yet we do blue-green-red. To get a nice balance, thought that was an easier combo to handle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just edited my original post after looking at your logs. Take a look now. Also, here's a link to my guild's first kill of her. Not great, but she died either way.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4908&e=5429

Blackbelly (shadow priest) and Galyena (resto druid) were PuGs we picked up that week due to being short raiders, but they did reasonable enough for us to kill her.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    My guild killed it with Green > Red > Green > Red > Green > Blue > Green > Red > Green

Yes, it is healing intensive, we healed with no mana from the 8th head died and we're in the high 500's to low 520's (Insane loot luck for some people, really unlucky for others) with healers at 507(Paladin), 515(Druid) and 520(disc). The disc just smite spamming and SS'ing for the AoE phase.
    Can't link our logs because I'm not used to my addon not working, so I keep forgetting to turn them on. Sorry.

All this being said, if your players aren't all that amazing / have bad gear, I'd suggest the normal strat of Green > Red > Blue repeat (Or any varation thereof)
    I'm slightly confused by your strat here, because there are only 7 heads. You've listed a 9 head kill order, and said your healers were OOM on the 8th. Boss dies once you kill the 7th head though.

10+ Year Old Account
    We tried green-red-repeat initially and found the poison bombs to be really icky as we were nearing the later phases of the encounter. We were successful shortly after we decided to move a blue head into the sequence. Green-red-blue and from then on continuing with the green/red sequence. Moderate amount of kiting the frost beam.

That was our strat for week 1 when Meg was still overtuned, but we've stuck to it as we're quite comfortable with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Then you'd be banging your heads against an unnecessarily tough brick wall for little reason.

Let me explain. Red/Green is the throughput dependent strat. It requites huge DPS/HPS which comes from both skill and gear. Your average iLevel you said id low 500s which is about average which means you'll need a medium level of skill to meet the requirements. If you outgeared it (ie: 515 iLevel) then it'd be an easy start but you don't.

Alternatively Red/Blue is mostly skill dependant (coordination, etc.) and less about gear. There's much less overall DMG what there is is mostly avoidable. If you have the skill to do Red/Green then you definitely have the skill to do Red/Blue with more ease, so why not do it?

That's my take on it anyway. We started off Red/Green and made it to the 7th head but barely. We switched to Red/Blue and got it within a few attempts and it felt a lot easier.
    Great point. Would you please enlighten me with the key issues doing red/blue, perhaps a small "how-to-guide" to perform this red/blue strat? We just downed Tortos by dodging incoming damage, shells etc - so that kind of "awareness" shouldn't be a problem after a few tries.

Our kill this week was consisting of an average ilvl of 498 or 499, doing G>R>B>R>G>R>Any

The reason to this is if you just keep killing blues your DPS and healing just goes to shit in the last part of the fight, and deaths can easily occur with being out of range or trapped behind ice patches, 2 healers getting chased by ice beams.. etc.

One green head does barely any damage at all, so we found this easy to do, our healing wasn't very impressive, the monk hadn't played for over 4 months on that character, and 2 of our DPS'ers were shit geared, aswell, with only me (Hunter) and the mage really pulling us the numbers, also our top mage died in the end and was dead for 20ish seconds because our resser was out of range.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...s=9627&e=10131

Overall it's mainly a gearcheck fight, but anything with 495+ should be able to do this, as our group killed it relatively easily on the kill, but your DPS and healing is up to par to do this, so just pick the strategy that isn't gimmicky (ignoring heads) and you should be just fine.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Great point. Would you please enlighten me with the key issues doing red/blue, perhaps a small "how-to-guide" to perform this red/blue strat? We just downed Tortos by dodging incoming damage, shells etc - so that kind of "awareness" shouldn't be a problem after a few tries.
    Its just a matter of having multiple people either kite blue or do red at once. If you get unlucky you might have 2 or even 3 healers doing some manner of moving, so who is in range of whom to heal and/or dispel red can get... interesting.

Red/Green movement is much simpler in theory, you just spam the shit out of AoE heals to get through the massive poison damage. No matter how good you are at some point the sheer amount of poison damage is just a math problem, healers either have the gear or they don't. Blue on the other hand does zero damage if its kited perfectly. You don't need gear to position your blue/reds well.

Now you DO have the gear to theoretically do Red/Green. But it'll be a challenge. I don't envy your healers at all if they have to do it this way. Red/Blue on the other hand has perhaps a little more RNG element to it (ie: 3 healers all kiting a blue beam at once) but that's OK because you have literally zero AoE dmg in the normal phase. At worst you'll lose someone to a red DoT but there's no poison so even if your healers are moving the raid is safe.

You have a Holy Pally. Have him spec into Hand of Purity and use it to clean up blue. Meaning if there's lots of ice down you call out next person who gets red to melt it, they get HoPed and for 7 seconds they take no dmg from the red DoT while clearing room for you. You kite blues smartly, don't die to reds and you're good to go. Overall I find it much easier to do on 10m than Red/Green.

I've also tried doing a combination of all 3 heads but I didn't like it. I feel like Green/Blue together is too nasty. Green forces you to move and Blue restricts the area where you can move, I feel like Red/Blue or Red/Green are the two best options. Red/Green if you have good gear and Red/Blue if you don't.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2013-04-03 at 09:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Just edited my original post after looking at your logs. Take a look now. Also, here's a link to my guild's first kill of her. Not great, but she died either way.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4908&e=5429

Blackbelly (shadow priest) and Galyena (resto druid) were PuGs we picked up that week due to being short raiders, but they did reasonable enough for us to kill her.
    Hey ZaneBusby,

Thanks again for taking the time to check our logs.

* With our main group, we should be able to push some +50k more dps on heads, avoding 3rd ignite flesh, and also have a DK tanking the red one.

* Eairly bloodlusts was just to "cheat" our way to the sixth head, it should be during last rampage next time

* Acid rain, yeah, agree, some of us didn't run far enough, since we had 3 melee - tanks also got close to the impact zone

* Cinders, or actually "Acid Raid + Cinder combo" is really nasty. Dispells worked fine until they hit more than once within the 8 sec CD, we have to find a dispell order for this.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 10:24 AM ----------

Its just a matter of having multiple people either kite blue or do red at once. If you get unlucky you might have 2 or even 3 healers doing some manner of moving, so who is in range of whom to heal and/or dispel red can get... interesting.

Red/Green movement is much simpler in theory, you just spam the shit out of AoE heals to get through the massive poison damage. No matter how good you are at some point the sheer amount of poison damage is just a math problem, healers either have the gear or they don't. Blue on the other hand does zero damage if its kited perfectly. You don't need gear to position your blue/reds well.

Now you DO have the gear to theoretically do Red/Green. But it'll be a challenge. I don't envy your healers at all if they have to do it this way. Red/Blue on the other hand has perhaps a little more RNG element to it (ie: 3 healers all kiting a blue beam at once) but that's OK because you have literally zero AoE dmg in the normal phase. At worst you'll lose someone to a red DoT but there's no poison so even if your healers are moving the raid is safe.

You have a Holy Pally. Have him spec into Hand of Purity and use it to clean up blue. Meaning if there's lots of ice down you call out next person who gets red to melt it, they get HoPed and for 7 seconds they take no dmg from the red DoT while clearing room for you. You kite blues smartly, don't die to reds and you're good to go. Overall I find it much easier to do on 10m than Red/Green.

I've also tried doing a combination of all 3 heads but I didn't like it. I feel like Green/Blue together is too nasty. Green forces you to move and Blue restricts the area where you can move, I feel like Red/Blue or Red/Green are the two best options. Red/Green if you have good gear and Red/Blue if you don't.
    Cheers, we'll try this one as well.

I'll bump this thread later this week with our progress

Deleted
    My group actually tried Blue > Red and slotting in green on the sixth rampage. We had a healer cleaning up patches with his healing spheres keeping him up on Cinders (one of our better players) Unfortunately we had terrible kiters for Ice Beam so that might be why it was so horrible :S

Deleted
    Dispells worked fine until they hit more than once within the 8 sec CD, we have to find a dispell order for this.
    Since pretty much every strat has to deal with this (since nobody wants to leave red head alive) its a common thing. In my group I do the dispels and call in vent when I need someone else to cover either due to my CD or because I'm out of range. There's still some leeway, its not like red will one shot people. And even if I do have my dispel on CD I can at least cast a flash heal, holy shock, or whatever else on that person to keep them alive until someone else covers it or my CD comes back.

I'd recommend assigning a designated red debuff healer. Someone who covers dispels or calls for dispels when they can't, and heals the people who have red. Pallies work well for this since they can also provide Hand of Sac, Hand of Purity and Lay on Hands for emergency situations.

So, if you look at our rooster and performance,
    /tencharzz

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 07:23 AM ----------

WOAH

No. stop. please?

GRGR strat is NOT a cheese strat for your healers to carry you. It is an EASY strat that is NOT CHALLENGING to heal at all. Adding even one blue into the mix makes it considerably harder to manage. We killed it pre-nerf with blues and it was really quite difficult. Post-nerf GRGR? One of the easiest fights in the instance to heal. Look at our overhealing - we were spamming heals like crazy trying to steal HPS from each other because there was absolutely no danger. Even if we overdid it and went oom (which none of us did) we could have called for a tranq. I just cant stress enough how easy it is to do GRGR, and unless there is some very specific thing you're struggling with, there's no good reason to do it any other way.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 07:27 AM ----------

Since pretty much every strat has to deal with this (since nobody wants to leave red head alive) its a common thing. In my group I do the dispels and call in vent when I need someone else to cover either due to my CD or because I'm out of range. There's still some leeway, its not like red will one shot people. And even if I do have my dispel on CD I can at least cast a flash heal, holy shock, or whatever else on that person to keep them alive until someone else covers it or my CD comes back.

I'd recommend assigning a designated red debuff healer. Someone who covers dispels or calls for dispels when they can't, and heals the people who have red. Pallies work well for this since they can also provide Hand of Sac, Hand of Purity and Lay on Hands for emergency situations.
    umm flash heal? emergency CDs for cinders? are you guys doing heroic or something?

If someone has cinders and cant be dispelled (is moving slowly out of melee, dispel is on CD whatevz), we just like.. heal them? with umm holy light (for you non-paladins that's our cheapest and weakest heal). You'll never have issues being out of range to dispel if you don't kill blue, which is yet another reason why leaving blue alive is the best strategy.

edit: for people who will inevitably armory me and say 'oh but you're geared that's why it worked'- I was 494 when we first killed it.
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2013-04-03 at 11:32 AM.