Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Wow is a fairly casual game to it's biggest slice of playerbase, yet it dabbled in esports for quite a while.

The same with a lot of esport game, I play LoL casually, and it's basically a fairly casual game with most people playing for fun rather than to accomplish lofty things, but LoL is played as an esport also.

Also blizzard never stated that it would be stuff like an MMOFPS, thats just one theory put forward by people speculating on their hirings among other things. This latest "leak" is also unproven, but you can't disprove it because it doesn't agree with other equally unproven theories.
    well i never said it would be an mmo fps i know thats all rumors.

so far the only thing we have from blizzard is that its drop in drop out casual style gameplay, might be connected to facebook in someway. and might have ingame ads
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Viking mythology?! Aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww fuck yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh! I am in on this!

Christy Golden had BETTER be on that writing team; I will be VERY disappointed in Blizz otherwise.
    Guns! I hope get the guns to pack a real PUNCH. The guns in Secret World were absolutely horribly terryingly awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well i never said it would be an mmo fps i know thats all rumors.

so far the only thing we have from blizzard is that its drop in drop out casual style gameplay, might be connected to facebook in someway. and might have ingame ads
    I don't see how those things would clash with what the current speculation / leak is, and make it unlikely.

Lost Vikings Online

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing we already knew...
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

esports huh? pass.

pvp ruins MMOs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I would take all that with a big pinch of salt. The writer says they won't reveal their source because they promised them with anonymity, and then goes on to say that they don't know if the source is a he or a she, meaning they don't even know who their source is. Hmm.
    Hi, I'm the writer. I can assure you that there is no conspiracy behind all this and it's not something I've done just to get some hits.

It is true that I do not know if the source is a male or female, although I've talked enough with him (using male term from now on for easier writing) long enough to have a v good guess. I do know quite a few other details about him though, enough to identify this person quite precisely. And what makes him even more trustworthy is that what he's told me about himself checks out with this independent research I've done. He refused to tell me his name and I completely understood that. I would've found it more suspicious if he just handed over his name to me, an unknown person on the internets that could easily publish it just to not look like I'm lying.
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    esports huh? pass.

pvp ruins MMOs for me
    Correction, and also, PVP is a factor in almost every popular MMO, and they are not all "ruined"

The community around hardcore raiding is no better than around hardcore pvp in my experience at least.

eSports...fail

Kiiiiiinda sounds an awful lot like The Secret World.

I dig the Secret World, but not enough to play it as my primary MMORPG. If Blizzard can pull of something similar with their established gameplay polish and artistic style, I'd go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i hope Ghostcrawler never gets a job on Titan, i think we could do without his version of "balance"
    You wouldn't like Titan to be a game where every single spec can perform in PVE content an at least compete in PVP content? Maybe you would like Tom Chilton and his team from 6 years ago more.

It's all good as long as it has daily quests and LFD and GC is on the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good shit OP, thanks for finding this, this is good stuff.

TAB targeting in combat.
    Hopefully they fix this before Titan releases.

Speaking of inside transfers, Jay Wilson is on the Titan team. Please don't go overboard with this. ^^
    As long as he's learned from D3, I'm fine with this.

Heavy use of Greek, Roman and Viking myths.
    Spartans vs Centurions vs fucking VIKINGS?? This sounds awesome.

It's designed with eSports in mind. They will try to grow it into a successful eSport.
    This however, doesn't sound awesome.

BLIZZCON 2013 - Titan Teaser, details on expansions for all other major franchises (SC2, D3, WoW). There will be other small Titan teasers at the event but nothing major. They don't want to show any game-play until they have a solid date for beta.
    This is pretty much what I predicted for Blizzcon 2013, looks like it might be one of the biggest Blizzcons ever.

150 developers working on it now. Last we've been told, in September last year, there were just a bit over 100, so the team is growing at a nice pace, quickly becoming the biggest one. They're about to bring new Community Managers into the team and some testers that will be needed in the near future. Many of the new team members have come from Blizzard's other projects.
    Focusing on the bolded part. I wonder if those people that said that Blizz would switch to focusing mostly on Titan were right, I hope they aren't, this doesn't seem like a smart thing to do.

It will benefit from a completely new game engine.
    Neat, I wonder if the new WoW expac will do the same.

They're intending to include many Warcraft elements into Titan's world. Mostly Easter Eggs, but can also extend to entire characters being ported into the new game, one way or another.
    Ok... so how in the hell are they going to do this? Portal or something opens up one day in the Titan-world and Illidan or Tichondrius steps out? I have no idea how they are going to do this well.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    You wouldn't like Titan to be a game where every single spec can perform in PVE content an at least compete in PVP content? Maybe you would like Tom Chilton and his team from 6 years ago more.
    He probably get killed by a mage once...

I think wow achieves a decent enough balance considering the amount of classes and specs, and abilities. I would say more so than most MMOs of a similar age / style.

If they are aiming for esports I wouldn't be surprised to see a drastic streamlining in abilities though, from whats available to people in wow. Possibly even separate skill trees / ability sets aimed just at pvp?

Iirc the main problem they had with esports was balancing specs for pvp and pve simulataneously was affecting it too much? The pvp of wow just wasn't made to be played in that atmosphere. If the pvp of the new game is structured in a way to be more compatible with an esport from the outset i don't see why it couldn't suceed.

Honestly I was so disappointed by D3 I can't even force myself to get hyped over this game. This will be the first Blizzard game I don't preorder and wait to see the reviews.

Jay Wilson is on the Titan team.
    Well, I definitely won't pre-order it, or buy it at launch, if Jay is on the team, unless the Beta just has me frothing at the mouth.

Simply, with Jay on the team, the game itself will have to be better than great in order for me to buy it. And since I don't think Jay is capable of that, I may not ever buy it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 04:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Honestly I was so disappointed by D3 I can't even force myself to get hyped over this game. This will be the first Blizzard game I don't preorder and wait to see the reviews.
    I agree completely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Am I the only one who's is extremely tired of Vikings in modern media? Honestly, they weren't that awesome. Bunch of fishermen and traders who had shite to offer and resorted to raiding instead. Yawn..
    That is incredibly ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    If the pvp of the new game is structured in a way to be more compatible with an esport from the outset i don't see why it couldn't suceed.
    I agree with this too. Hopefully, PvE and PvP will be definitely split.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Balgruuf View Post
    Hopefully they fix this before Titan releases.
    Every MMORPG that has tried to move away from tab target, action bar combat has felt godawful to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh fuck - "They've invited some established writers (Richard A. Knaak for example) to help with the storyline."

.... That can't be good. Mark my words, Titan will have some sort of ginger demi-god with dragons and raptors a plenty!
    established writer and Knaak somehow do not fit well together.