Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Am I the only one who's is extremely tired of Vikings in modern media? Honestly, they weren't that awesome. Bunch of fishermen and traders who had shite to offer and resorted to raiding instead. Yawn.[COLOR="red"]
    Vikings perhaps.

Viking MYTHS, however, were pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I mean the 'blizzard style'. Look at warcraft 3, it looks terrible and always has, the hearthstone trailers the same and starcraft 2 also looks like crap. I dont like their cartoony style, good for those that do but i just dont. Ive never liked wows style either but atleast back when it was new it didnt look too outdated, now ive taken a break from the game i cant believe i paid so much money for something that looks so bad.
    But there's multiple reasons for this said, "Cartoony" style. This style is a very well known combination to the game, many likes to identify the game with previous versions of said game. The style lowers the need for more powerful machinery, yes, some people do play World of Warcraft on outdated computers. Not all can dump many into it, they is why Blizzard as well slowly puts HD textures into their style instead.

And the last and most important thing that Blizzard has outlined before. They find it important that you create a border between real life, and the game. So that you have two "universes" to "live" in, instead of logging into a game that looks totally realistic. There was once an article about computer psychology in games, and this view was mentioned. Some people actually can't handle playing too realistic games (Don't make me explain why, it's something with the signals in ones brain).

- And a small addition, the look of mentioned games have become an almost trademark to said games. As said above, it's almost an identity to the games. You are not alone to hate it, that I tihnk not, but you aren't part of a majority. Many more have learned to cherish the style, enjoy it.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-04-04 at 12:07 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It looks like crap TO YOU

Think about that for a minute.
    99% of thing on internet forums are peoples opinions, sorry if i dont state that its my opinion after every single sentence. I said I was put off my the blizzard art style, i never said everyone else should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    99% of thing on internet forums are peoples opinions, sorry if i dont state that its my opinion after every single sentence. I said I was put off my the blizzard art style, i never said everyone else should be.
    Your postings come off as opinionated. Not to mention you don't say why but I won't derail the thread over it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Your postings come off as opinionated. Not to mention you don't say why but I won't derail the thread over it.
    Well if i come across as a dick its most likely because its late and ive been out, i dont read over my posts as much as i usually do, so sorry.

Its just a leak and thats just the main part that stuck out to me. If blizzard could release a game that looks as good as their cinematics i might like it, since i actually quite like the style of some of their cinematics. Its just all their in game stuff i dont really like. Titans been in development so long id be dissapointed if it didnt atleast have the option to turn it up to cutting edge graphics.

But until we see an in game trailer all this is just useless speculation and opinions anyway :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if i come across as a dick its most likely because its late and ive been out, i dont read over my posts as much as i usually do, so sorry.

Its just a leak and thats just the main part that stuck out to me. If blizzard could release a game that looks as good as their cinematics i might like it, since i actually quite like the style of some of their cinematics. Its just all their in game stuff i dont really like. Titans been in development so long id be dissapointed if it didnt atleast have the option to turn it up to cutting edge graphics.

But until we see an in game trailer all this is just useless speculation and opinions anyway :P.
    The issue with that is. It takes so long to make those cinematics. To make a game like that would....well Blizz would have to have the amount of money the States has in debt!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Eh, doesn't tell you anything really. And might all be bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    What does this even mean? I don't think I've ever played a Blizzard game where the graphics were amazing. Their cinematics are untouched by anyone but their ingame graphics haven't been the best honestly. I like HotS's graphics but they aren't anything to be amazed by.
    It means they'll be stylised and iconic, not necessarily high res (Blizzard doesn't go in for high res, highly realistic graphics with high system reqs usually).

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 12:19 AM ----------

Who cares about graphics, this isn't 1995, any modern graphics are just fine. The question is what is the gameplay like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue with that is. It takes so long to make those cinematics. To make a game like that would....well Blizz would have to have the amount of money the States has in debt!
    And the fact that a quite big portion of their customers wouldn't be able to play said game if with this graphics. I would more expect those graphics for the warcraft movie, but not for a game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Vikings perhaps.

Viking MYTHS, however, were pretty awesome.
    I like the one where the frost giant Ymir got tired after making the sky and sat down to rest and the sweat from his armpits became the human race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i guess i described that wrong, what i mean is the style, so like in warcraft 3s cinematics people look decently proportioned, but in the game they have massive hands with tiny heads. Same with wow, it just looks nothing like what the cinematic leads you to believe.

I suppose though that blizzard hasnt really released a game in years where they could show off any decent graphics/style, d3 and starcraft are top down style games. So maybe titan will surprise me.

By the way im no graphics whore, i personally think dragon quest 8 still looks fucking fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    "MMORPG"... so I guess the rumors about it being MMOFPS were false.
    Even if this stuff is true, MMORPG could easily describe an RPG/FPS hybrid. Which an MMOFPS pretty much has to be anyway.

In layman's terms any MMO might be referred to as an MMORPG anyway.

Regardless, the "leak" tells us absolutely nothing about the actual gameplay. Except that it has tab targeting! Ooh fancy. Anything else? Hit points? A mouse/keyboard interface?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    The berserkers DID exist...however i doubt they wore horned helmets....
    Hence "myth"

Sounds like "The Secret World" and that game was so boring to me. Seems I will continue to play WoW.

And nordic myths are stupid and crazy most of the time. Don't believe me? Just read yourself and try to keep a straight face:

Originally there was a chasm, Ginnungagap, bounded on either side by fire (from the world known as Muspelheim) and ice (from the world known as Niflheim). When fire and ice met, they combined to form a giant, named Ymir, and a cow, named Audhumbla (Auðhumla), who nourished Ymir. She survived by licking the salty ice blocks. From her licking emerged Bur (Búri), the grandfather of the Aesir. Ymir, father of the frost giants, employed equally unusual procreative techniques. He sweated a male and a female from under his left arm.

Odin, the son of Bur's son Borr, killed Ymir. The blood pouring out of the giant's body killed all the frost giants Ymir had created, except Bergelmir. From Ymir's dead body, Odin created the world. Ymir's blood was the sea; his flesh, the earth; his skull, the sky; his bones, the mountains; his hair, the trees. The new Ymir-based world was Midgard. Ymir's eyebrow was used to fence in the area where mankind would live. Around Midgard was an ocean where a serpent named Jormungand lived. He was big enough to form a ring around Midgard by putting his tail in his mouth.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2013-04-04 at 01:13 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Sounds like "The Secret World" and that game was so boring to me. Seems I will continue to play WoW.
    Except TSW isn't made by Blizz. Blizz has a great track record; at least, when they try.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Except TSW isn't made by Blizz. Blizz has a great track record; at least, when they try.
    I fully expect Titan to have some sort of mega-server infrastructure along with something along the lines of TSW's skill/build system to allow for as much ease of grouping without a LFD approach as possible where people needing a tank for a run can just instantly swap in their own tank build and be on their merry way. Diablo 3 and the new talents in MoP show Blizzard moving away from the penalties for respeccing and I expect them to go all the way in Titan. One of the things that I would be more interested to know than "tab-targetting" and "it's in third person" or "it has Blizzard style graphics" is whether it will have something along the lines of a traditional healer and how much of the content will be instanced.

Question: Exactly how is tab targeting going to work if its sposed to have FPS elements? One of these has to be false. I just don't see how a tab targeting shooter can exist...well SWTOR was that exactly, so I guess it could work....was hoping for something more along the lines of Destiny ....oh wells....

There will be a lot of Time Travel.

Oh my God.

Let's just hope that's not an excuse to make shoddy content a la Dragon Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game needs C'thulu's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recyclops View Post
    This game needs C'thulu's
    Blegh, no more old gods crap plox. What started off as a harmless homage to H.P. Lovecraft quickly became some of the laziest writing in Blizzard history. "Hmm, how do we make a new old god for players to kill? I know! Let's take a body part from the human body, add tentacles, then turn it into a monster with a million of those body parts on it! Then you make him speak in archaic riddles that even we don't understand so the players think we're super deep and complex writers! OH, and let's make him whisper to everybody so they go crazy! That way we won't have to waste time tying up loose plot ends in a reasonable manner!"

Meh, my ranting and bitching won't matter if it's true that Knaak is on board. But I'll wait for Blizzard to confirm this.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-04-04 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    There will be a lot of Time Travel.

Oh my God.

Let's just hope that's not an excuse to make shoddy content a la Dragon Soul.

No Time Travel. The guy admitted it's false. Even then supposing this is true.

Warrior-Magi