Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else find this information to be less exciting as the speculation? It sounds pretty...bland to me. Based on Earth history, incorporates mythology, and has time travel....like...are you kidding me? Also...the bit about porting WoW characters over...umm...no?

My interest for this just hit rock bottom. Guess I won't be a part of the hype train, no matter how amazing the cinematic teaser at Blizzcon is.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clever Trev View Post
    Who was it you were referring to then? i'm sorry if i got the wrong end of the stick and did not mean any sort of personal attack, there is just quite a few posts here saying that mynsc admitted the time travel was a lie even after he replied to say that was another guy.

and when i said (if you believe this leak is credible) i meant you as in general not specific

Someone linked a post that admitted the Time Travel was a lie. I don't believe the leak is true but we'll know at Blizzcon.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Don't like the Tab targeting and PG 12+

Everything else sounds interesting, though too vague.

Titan will be based in a universe where you travel between Blizzard Fanboys (similarly to time travel) in order to acquire various "shards of justification" which unlock features such as real money microtransactions (which make the in-game economy unpalatable, unless you have a couple grand to spend) etc in order to build a community of elitists who are such because it's the only way to justify the ever-growing sunk cost of participation, even though the insanity is immediately obvious to anybody on the outside looking in (None of which was ever considered necessary in an MMO before) but large numbers of players take whatever they are given because they hide their own lack of satisfaction with their lives behind video games, which are now controlled by a Monopoly of big publishers who are driven primarily by bottom line than by the artistic merits of their projects and rather than spend money on great indie gaming projects people would rather stand around in a big sweaty lineup at Walmart at 12:01am for 12 hours just to get their hands on the latest copy of "Call of Doody 15: Sequel of the Quarter edition" so that they can pretend they'll have something worthwhile to discuss with their classmates and/or coworkers the next day.

And for this reason, I'm out.

Deleted
    sounds terrible, and im sure anything with time travel is banned in korea?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    sounds terrible, and im sure anything with time travel is banned in korea?
    Maybe they are planning for Korea to not exist after WW3 finishes around the same time this game comes out 5 years from now? *shrug* who knows?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Titan will be based in a universe where you travel between Blizzard Fanboys (similarly to time travel) in order to acquire various "shards of justification" which unlock features such as real money microtransactions (which make the in-game economy unpalatable, unless you have a couple grand to spend) etc in order to build a community of elitists who are such because it's the only way to justify the ever-growing sunk cost of participation, even though the insanity is immediately obvious to anybody on the outside looking in (None of which was ever considered necessary in an MMO before) but large numbers of players take whatever they are given because they hide their own lack of satisfaction with their lives behind video games, which are now controlled by a Monopoly of big publishers who are driven primarily by bottom line than by the artistic merits of their projects and rather than spend money on great indie gaming projects people would rather stand around in a big sweaty lineup at Walmart at 12:01am for 12 hours just to get their hands on the latest copy of "Call of Doody 15: Sequel of the Quarter edition" so that they can pretend they'll have something worthwhile to discuss with their classmates and/or coworkers the next day.

And for this reason, I'm out.

You seem to know so much even though it isn't out yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You seem to know so much even though it isn't out yet.
    You realize he's joking, yea?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm excited for this, can't wait to see what it turns into. I especially like the use of the greek, roman, and viking myths they're gonna use. Easily my favorite three.

I think I would have liked to see an action mmorpg with a few abilities though. It seems like to me that it's gonna be like wow just in a different universe.
    Last edited by mmines; 2013-04-04 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Too often it's done badly and turns from Free to Play into Pay to Win. I'd rather have a sub-based game than F2P. Hell, I'd rather have something like WoW's model because even though it get's expensive having priced expansions and a monthly sub, the general quality and frequency of updates makes it work for me.
    That's rarely the case in modern Western MMO's. They skirt the issue a bit from time to time, but there aren't any that I can think of recently that continue to flat out sell power anymore.

The shitty Eastern imports? Yeah, they still do that. But those games have micro playerbases and function off of a budget that's beyond tiny.

Also, sub-based games don't necessarily deliver content updates any more or less frequently than F2P games. Look at the huge dry spells in WoW between patches (pre-MoP) or pre-expansion, or check out the dry spells in some other MMO's before they went F2P. Subscriptions don't inherently yield any greater frequency/quality of patches compared to F2P/B2P games.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You realize he's joking, yea?
    Well it was more of a stab at the direction the video game industry is headed.

I think it's safe to say that if it's a multi million dollar investment, Titan is going to follow a very "safe" business model.

I would expect nothing revolutionary about it, and combined income from box sales, subscription and microtransactions. Probably "free" exclusive in-game fun items for people who are also subscribed to WoW. "Look at me I'm playing Titan but I can make myself look like Thrall for 5min every 3 hours, totally worth remaining subscribed to WoW". And naturally whatever is popular on television and the box office will make it into the game, so expect zombies and vampires.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i must say, i am a little bit ... underwhelmed.

That maybe because only few details have been leak so far so i reserved judgement. I mean, blizzard is incontestably the most successful MMO company in the world, they went from a novice on the MMO market to a master, leading the market.

Back when wow just launch, all they did is copy and add blizzard polish to a well known recipe (everquest, lineage...). There were new, so it's ok to not wander outside known path. But now, they have developed by far the most successful MMO to date, 8 years old and counting. They must have the strongest MMO experience on the planet. Beside, Titan have been in development since 2007, it's fair that we are expecting ground breaking advances. I mean, the term WoW clone is usually directed to product outside blizzard game, right?

we don't know yet the actual combat mechanics, i really hope it's not yet another hotkey MMO, but the classical tab targeting implies auto aim, min-max range, nothing new so far.

So yeah, i hope i'm wrong, but it look SSDD to me.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2013-04-04 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please remind me why people are so excited a d "waiting" for this game that we have almost 0 info about? This is how gamers set their expectations to high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    To the people doubting that vikings were feared brutes in their time.

My history teacher told me that some viking berserkers were mercs and guess what? They were hired by kings and emperors in the middle east as royal guards because they were so feared. He also said that there were rumors that a single berserker could bring down like 5-7 normal soldiers since they were so big and intimidating, now imagine like 10 of these as royal guards :P I don't have a source on this except my teacher so feel free to look it up
    I've heard of this a well.

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Norsemen had one of the most interesting mythologies ever created. Elves, dwarves, trolls, ... are all from Norse mythology. So yeah, you could say everything with fantasy in it is a great part Norse, even LOTR, etc.
    Dude they had SOOOOO much awesome..And one of the most badass afterlives in human history at least IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

Dude they had SOOOOO much awesome..And one of the most badass afterlives in human history at least IMO.
    Yes, I just had to link that one:

What some people seem to forget is that the norse mythology is incredible rich with all the gods, dwarves, giants, elves, darkelves, trolls etc. in it.

'Heavy use of Greek, Roman and Viking myths' doesn't mean history lessons about fishermen travelling to faraway coasts or Socrates having a sociocritical conversation; it means bloody fcuking mythology of gods and men.

Let's hope they have the balls to do it right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    alright, don't know why, but this really bothers me. someone else posted the same thing on the original page to try and discredit the info. i mean, in my RL circles, when you want to remain ambivalent, you purposefully state "he, she" so you don't eliminate 50% of the anonymity. i mean, that is the whole idea of anonymity isn't it? using "he, she" does not in the slightest mean that the author doesn't even know if his source is a male or female. really, do people not do this around the country?
    Mynsc has already clearly stated that he doesn't even know who the source is.

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mynsc View Post
    Hi, I'm the writer. I can assure you that there is no conspiracy behind all this and it's not something I've done just to get some hits.

It is true that I do not know if the source is a male or female, although I've talked enough with him (using male term from now on for easier writing) long enough to have a v good guess. I do know quite a few other details about him though, enough to identify this person quite precisely.
    But not precise enough to know whether it's a she or a he? I think you're bullshitting, but we'll find out soon enough and I will be happy to stand corrected if what you say turns out to be true.
    Last edited by mmoc877887c5bf; 2013-04-06 at 10:35 AM.