Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If Blizzard could be creative while being lazy...

Hi,

Blizzard is lazy when it comes to certain aspects of the game. The one I care about is the introduction of new mounts. I liked the triceratops mount. I thought it was nice addition. But now they have fallen in the slump of rehashing mounts that are already in the game. Example The armored dragonhawk for mount collector's. This is even worse than the 150 achieve reward that was the ugly kite. The new pegasus mounts while nice are just another invincible and sparkly pony lookalikes.

Now I was talking to a couple of friends and discussing how Blizzard could remain lazy while at the same time generating "new" mounts. Lets take the core hound as an example. It's already in the game so they don't have to design a new model just make the race models adjust to it. I think this will make a lot of people including myself happy. Azeroth is full of creatures that could be transformed into mounts and do not require much work to make races fit on them. And Blizzard doesn't have to put any effort into miscellaneous content like mounts.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because they are reused SKELETONS! does not make them reused mounts. They look alot different to each other. You are putting stuff like the firehawks in the same group as proto-drakes when it fact they couldn't look any different to each other. The pegasus looks nothing like the star pony and face it very very very few people have invincible so that doesn't even count. Just because you dislike some mounts does not make them "ugly" that is just your opinion.

See i think the kite looks fine. And the armored Dragonhawk looks cool.
    Aye mate

..um so wait, your annoyed with them for being *lazy* and reusing dragonhawks, but you'd be ok with them being lazy and reusing corehounds? So really your just annoyed they are reusing dragonhawks because you don't like them and would prefer corehounds.

I really wish people would stop with the lazy rubbish, if they were lazy we wouldn't have the games we have, the quality we have. Just because they do something you dislike does not make them lazy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Well I DO agree that the pegasus IS the sparkle pony, with armor. B/C it IS. But I do like it.
    Yes I think there are a lot more interesting things to make mounts out of then dragonhawks (which I think are the lamest looking mount ever) and drakes (done to death for now) Core hound would be an awesome mount. As long as it doesn't roar ALL the time
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by raeloneq View Post
    Hi,

Blizzard is lazy when it comes to certain aspects of the game.
    I stopped there.

If they were lazy they wouldn't have an ounce of creativity left in them, and thus wouldn't be able to create any new aspects to the game.

That being said, if you actually look around, they've added a number of new mounts and additions to the game that are completely new and haven't been done before, even if they use the same base skeleton.

Perfect example: Pterrowing.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Well I DO agree that the pegasus IS the sparkle pony, with armor. B/C it IS. But I do like it.
    Yes I think there are a lot more interesting things to make mounts out of then dragonhawks (which I think are the lamest looking mount ever) and drakes (done to death for now) Core hound would be an awesome mount. As long as it doesn't roar ALL the time
    The whole thing is that even when it's just layering something over an already existing Skeleton, they always (basically always) do something completely brand new with how the new mount will look.

As you said, the Pegasus Mount looks astounding.

Another example of that is the Fire Hawk Mounts, which is still considered a favorite by a large portion of the players I see flying around presently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont like the mount it doesnt mean that it is ugly. How can you even compare Achieve mounts with the new ones. They are completely different. You know when you request new RACE models you should be expecting new NPC, Mount, pet etc. models too. Imagine your hot model sitting on REALY ugly mounts. And yah the are NOT being lazy. If you want new new look mounts you have 2 kinds of Dinos, you have Galeon mount. You have new Cloud Serpents Cmon. New tigers. And you call them lazy? OFC there will be new Models of old mounts because it is required. And about the corehound thing they did exactly same thing in 5.3 - Faerie Dragon. We had NPC-s but no flying mounts and they introduced them in very epic way.

Imo they are making lot of motivating moves including epic mounts in them.

I guess
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

So a modelling and texturing team that's busy on working on new models and/or textures and/or glow effects for all sorts of monsters, items, plants, buildings and what-have-you is lazy when it comes to mounts. Mounts. Of which there are a ton in the game.

Mounts are actually quite demanding items to create for what it actually adds to the game (very, very, very little). Mounts only exist to justify the speed increase, and be somewhat pleasing on the eyes. There's an incredible amount of mounts in the game. They're working on new mounts constantly, because players like mounts (some more than others; most players actually don't give a damn when push comes to shove). So Blizzard has people doing unimportant stuff in order to please a minority (of which you are a part of) and you complain that they're still not doing enough.

Wow a lot of butthurt people.

First of all I need to explain that while the new Pegasus horses are not identical to say the sparkly pony, invincible or the headless horseman for that matter, the fact remains is that we have already 4+ types of flying horses. We have like 10+ regular drakes (one was included not too long ago - Experiment 12-B). We have tons of proto drakes, raptors, etc.. I'd like to see some diversity in the mount department just like how they added the triceratops. That addition was very welcome.

Secondly, the people who collect mounts are rewarded with sub par mounts. Although I appreciate the fact we are rewarded for collecting. I know Blizzard didn't have to do that.

Third, all I'm asking if you are going to release another raptor, proto-drake, drake, horse, etc.. Just grab a model that is already in the game and make a mount out of it. Thus, satisfying the mount collectors in giving them more a diverse collection and Blizzard would not have to complete work on a new model from scratch and work on other content like new race models.

Stop being so emotional. This is only a discussion about mount diversity.

Maybe people would be less 'butthurt and emotional' if your premise wasn't so condescending and insulting. You know; like those two lines I quoted up there.

Like it or not, Blizzad is giving you exactly want you want: Lots of different models, different textures and different animation skeletons. You're being insulting because you feel Blizzard isn't giving you enough of it. While the things they are giving you are things that aren't even important to... Anyone but you, apparently.

I want more of those terror wing mounts they come in such lovely colors and we get stuck with the blue yellow one >_> I would kill for the dark purple green one *sigh*

but as many poster already noted they just tend to reuse the skeletons and put a new skin over it.
    however a core hound mount does kinda sound cool tho :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god. You dont understand do you? As I said it is very natural to make same "SKELETON" mounts for better looks, better variations. But meanwhile all four types of horse mounts are completely different. They do give us new LOOKS and TOTALLY different mounts in every patch in this expansion as you can see. 5.0 - serpents, Scorpion (Alliance) Galeon mount. 5.1 the new Gryphon and Wyverns, Imo, they were totally new look. 5.2 new dino mounts. 5.3 I guess Farie dragon is new new look mount cuz we dont have chameleon mounts yet.

So they are giving new new Look mounts every patch but Blizz is making more old Skeleton models because it is must as graphics and Models are progressing and the mounts should too.

just my 2 cents: if you think blizz is lazy, try making a better and less lazy game

WoW models are far harder to make now than they were in vanilla. yet we are getting many more unique mounts now than in vanilla. the reason for that is that blizz can reuse skeletons to make new models.

remember the rare mounts back in the day? rivendare's deathcharger LOL
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I own.. I dont know, around 212 different mounts or something.

If every single one of those was completely different, with its' own character, look, animations, textures, effects, sounds, mounting cast spell, and /mountspecial animation, I'd be worried about Blizzard's priorities.

Also, time to get this picture back out of the mothballs again:

Last edited by Chonar; 2013-04-03 at 01:13 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, didn't take long for the fanbois & girls to jump in to Blizzard's defence!

I sometimes wonder if there are actually members that are paid to dismiss any criticism and praise their masters for the flawless job they are doing...
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post

I sometimes wonder if there are actually members that are paid to dismiss any criticism and praise their masters for the flawless job they are doing...
    u have 8 lvl 90s and ur calling others fanbois? :clap:

do you think calling others lazy and then saying they can be lazy as long as they do stuff he wants is criticism?

10+ Year Old Account

Flawless job? Hardly. WoW can be improved on a lot of points.
    Critisism can be dismissed if it's built on baseless assumption though, especially if it's worded as "Blizzard be lazy, lol".

Also, I just simply hate hyperbole.
    I hate hyperbole with a passion.
    Infact, I furiously hate hyperbole more than anything in the ever expanding multiverse, with the burning vengeance of a thousand dying suns!

Wait hang on that didn't come out right
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

So pointing out that someone's criticisms are actually just their own selfish projections = WoW is flawless and beyond compare?

Just another day on the internet!

10+ Year Old Account

Not fanboy. I do defend Blizzard because this criticism is Bullsh*t for me, because blizzard is no LAZY, it reflects in their leadership of MMO style game. and yeah I agree that Blizz have lot of things to improve because Game is old already, but their changes satisfy me. As they cant change all the things in once patch or expansion, because people will complain why it takes so long to release new expansion .... Or if they DiD change everything in new GAME people will start complaining about lost characters. So Game progresses slowly and effectively I just love how they work, so just be patient.

You'd be surprised at the amount of large corporations who do that. It tends to be very, very difficult to prove however.

Why can't people argue their points without name calling? You can't cover up a weak argument with insults.

Also I think you need to stop taking criticism so personally, people brought up valid points.