Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    affliction is not good spec atm . if you play destro then it's better .
    Although that is true until the normal/Heroic ToT gear, I enjoy the concept of Affliction and play style much more than that of look fire pew... xD
    Also the affliction/Destro utility is almost identical with aff slightly pulling ahead if I recollect correctly.

As much as I love hunters I just hate raiding without our Lock. Healthstones, summons and portals are all really useful and just make the raid smoother. O and they do huge DPS.

Deleted
    Coming from someone who has raided with their Hunter for 7 years, I can tell you that 10m without Healthstones is a PITA. Portal is also horrendously OP on some encounters. We recently lost our Warlock and its a nightmare without him. Its a very under-represented class we are having problems finding a suitable replacement.

Hunters are strong in 10m because they are able to fill missing raid buffs. If you are covered, we bring little that you cant get better elsewhere.
    Last edited by mmoc89dd5782ca; 2013-04-03 at 03:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an old Vanilla-TBC warlock myself, I've always had a soft spot for them. That said, from a raid leader's perspective, at this point in the game I'd give my right nut to bring in a competent warlock to replace the hunter I'm rolling with.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 11:39 AM ----------

On a related note... if you happen to be on Stormrage-US and are available Tues/Thurs from 8-11, send me a PM. I'd like to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I haven't done any 10m normal fights yet due to a multitude of issues but what fights require a hunter to complete?
    Then why do you think you need to comment if you don't have any clue? You state you have no idea and then dismiss the input from others ... really good.
    So yeah, try heroic Tortos in 10m without a hunter, one of the more recent examples. Or consider statement from paragon Lei Shen HC kill, where hunter was top DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    Then why do you think you need to comment if you don't have any clue? You state you have no idea and then dismiss the input from others ... really good.
    So yeah, try heroic Tortos in 10m without a hunter, one of the more recent examples. Or consider statement from paragon Lei Shen HC kill, where hunter was top DPS.
    I stated I didn't know hence why I specifically asked which fight REQUIRES a hunter. But in regards to your list of...1. I highly doubt every single group that downed heroic Tortos had a hunter in it. Requiring means the encounter is not possible without. And I dismiss it because I doubt Blizz would make such an encounter because it's bad design.

In regards to Lei Shen Heroic where a hunter was top DPS, this does not mean required it just means they did the most damage in that fight. Could be for any number of reasons (likely gear related). And if you're bringing it up to say hunter > lock in DPS, you listed one fight for one raid group. One example doesn't mean it's true.

I've played (and still play) both classes and imo I just find that the utility, gameplay and overall increase in damage favor lock. Obviously there would be some fights that favor one over the other dependent on mechanics and what your job is for an encounter (saving a shard for aoe slow on tortos kills dps :/ as opposed to just afak'ing mutli-shot) but for the most part lock hands down. One thing I would like to bring up though is that affliction doesn't start to come out on top of lock specs until around 515-ish ilvl, until then destro really puts up numbers. This is of course assuming equal skill level between either spec, if you completely stink or dont have the gear for destro then you obviously will just stay affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    Atm locks are head and shoulders above hunters, dps-wise. Warlocks are at the very top along with mages, while all hunter specs are in the bottom. So from that perspective it's an easy choice. Ofc balancing hotfixes, buffs, nerfs can happen at any time so there are never any guarantees for the future. You should also take into consideration what kind of comp your raid is running atm, in order to maximize things like buff/debuff coverage, loot distribution etc. And last but not least, which class you enjoy the most yourself.
    That's not true. Hunters do very well for themselves. Theoretical dps is only that.

Both are very desirable classes in 10mans, OP, though locks seem to be more rare than hunters and therefore might land you a guildspot more easily.

Hunters bring everything, and for that reason alone are very desirable.

IMO it'd be pretty rare to have a hunter or lock of the same skill level and have to make a choice. I could understand on world first type raiding or specific fights... otherwise it won't be a huge difference or worth worrying about.

Deleted
    Although this somewhat voids the question, id much rather have someone who is good at their class, despite one class being better than another, if the player behind them is better at hunters than locks then they're going to be more useful to the raid as a hunter.

having a hunter is really helpfull in some situations same as Locks, Tortos with a hunter is a joke.
    But still locks are very op, Affliciton ist top dps spec, high multidot especially cause SPs and Moonkin got nerfed mutlidotting quite hard Affli not so much. you have very cool stuff for alot of fight, low cd ae stun, 2 types off cc, portal, gateway, insane defcds (really its just totally broken), healthstones, very mobile (hunters too), alot of buffs 5%magicdmg on boss 10%hp 10% spell. different pet cooldowns, rangesilence, selddispell, last stand, knockback. oh and not like any other class you start as affliction with full resources not like sps demo or destru. plus you have two other specs that shine on some fights,

hunters bring the needed buffs to 10m. they have everything even BR now. good slows, various specs for different encounters, nice dps. can really help tanks alot on fights like horridon tortos leishen, has some good defcds, a snare as surv. Some really nice burst, and almost noone needs the gear or weapons they use.

Most important is if you get equally skilled players WL would win 8.5/10 fights, but a hunter with lets say casterhaste when you dont have casterhaste in your group would be a bit better, there are no fights where you need 1 class. you only need them when you are top 20 guild or something like that cause you are most likely completely undergeared fior most encounters

Play eaither what you enjoy or what you think the raid needs.

Both classes are very strong in 10 man raiding right now.