1. #1

    My issue with noxxic DPS rankings

    Does anyone else find the noxxic dps rankings to be totally bogus? Mages ranked top again, and on facebook, their comments were littered with hate for mages because they "tested" highest. They have locks ranked low which made all the locks on their qqing because they say blizz hates them and we're their little pets, but warlocks on REAL parses are the BEST dps for 10m H raiding right now on raidbots.com. They have shadow priests at the bottom and again, in REAL parses, shadow priests are still mid tier. There are several examples or discrepancies between REAL parses from say raidbots, and simulated dps from noxxic.com. They also changed fire rotation to living bomb like.. 2 days into the patch for both single AND multiple targets without any serious testing being done on it's new formula.

    I feel noxxic putting out these numbers misleads the community and generates undue hate for us as a class. It takes the fact that skill is the most important part of getting high dps and puts a number to it like.. hey if you play this class and spec, you're automatically better than EVERYONE below you on this chart. It makes people think blizzard plays favorites with us and hopefully does not influence undue nerfs against mages.

    And let's face it, if simcraft was accurate, blizzard would use it in their own testing, and they don't. They have their own more accurate methods.

    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Kiry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,254
    It isn't that accurate of a tool for realistic raiding. It theorizes based off patchwerk, excellent player, all buffs and everything going perfectly. This tier isn't about patchwerk.

    I think it's unfortunate that it is a very visual tool that gets used by a lot of non raiding players, when the parses tend to prove it wrong.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic
    Diablo: RoS
    ESO

  3. #3
    High Overlord KennyBoi3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    167
    I think this game is too far beyond saving =/ you know it's over when you'd choose to go outside and live life instead sit in front of a computer and gripe about how corrupt a website's numbers are crunched ;-)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyBoi3 View Post
    I think this game is too far beyond saving =/ you know it's over when you'd choose to go outside and live life instead sit in front of a computer and gripe about how corrupt a website's numbers are crunched ;-)
    I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

  5. #5
    Hasn't the person who writes the Mage simcraft module actually come out and said that it's generating higher numbers than it should be and they can't figure out why?

    Simcraft just hasn't worked for comparing classes in a long time. It's a good tool for determining stat weights, thats about it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarielrdm View Post
    I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
    People will make the most ambiguous and lousy attempts to condemn WoW. Welcome to MMO-C.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    Hasn't the person who writes the Mage simcraft module actually come out and said that it's generating higher numbers than it should be and they can't figure out why?

    Simcraft just hasn't worked for comparing classes in a long time. It's a good tool for determining stat weights, thats about it.
    The numbers themselves aren't accurate but the ordering from top to bottom is relatively decent still. For example it's completely accurate that Mages/Locks/Rogues are comfortably above the rest. They falter more on the specific DPS it says they're pulling.

  7. #7
    High Overlord KennyBoi3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarielrdm View Post
    I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
    this game was good in its prime for one reason: the awesome people you played with working towards the common goal of experiencing a new world. AKA the community and friendly competition. I never felt so connected to a group of people in all my life until world of Warcraft. However, we all moved on once the game moved away from the sense of accomplishment with your best e-friends and more about the need to feed the addiction, it just felt empty and hollow playing the game. Our mindset should be on the awesome experiences with your closest Internet friends, but Blizzard has lost touch on that since it is all about keeping the carrot on the string dangling in front of the individual now. It's a sad design philosophy, and I could no longer sit in front of the computer once my closest friend in WoW left.

    so what I'm trying to say is, you should really think about why you play World of Warcraft if all it does is make you unhappy.

  8. #8
    No one who take their play seriously would use noxxic for anything... and if they did, they would quickly realize how worthless their site is.

    No one should use simcraft to compare different classes/specs ...

  9. #9
    If you're too dumb to understand WoL, guess you gotta go get mad at those bs posts on noxxic.

  10. #10
    Here is where this all went wrong "Noxxic"

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Dragore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyBoi3 View Post
    this game was good in its prime for one reason: the awesome people you played with working towards the common goal of experiencing a new world. AKA the community and friendly competition. I never felt so connected to a group of people in all my life until world of Warcraft. However, we all moved on once the game moved away from the sense of accomplishment with your best e-friends and more about the need to feed the addiction, it just felt empty and hollow playing the game. Our mindset should be on the awesome experiences with your closest Internet friends, but Blizzard has lost touch on that since it is all about keeping the carrot on the string dangling in front of the individual now. It's a sad design philosophy, and I could no longer sit in front of the computer once my closest friend in WoW left.

    so what I'm trying to say is, you should really think about why you play World of Warcraft if all it does is make you unhappy.
    Um cool story bro. What he meant is why are you posting if you have nothing constructive to say, let alone why are you even on a WoW community site talking about WoW if you are so happy not playing WoW?


    OP I wouldn't take Noxxic in consideration their rankings are dumb and un realistic. Stick to WoL its probably the most "accurate" form of determining where your class should be on each fight, and thats saying it loosely.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Seezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Capua
    Posts
    3,544
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyBoi3 View Post
    I think this game is too far beyond saving =/ you know it's over when you'd choose to go outside and live life instead sit in front of a computer and gripe about how corrupt a website's numbers are crunched ;-)
    Can you be more hypocritical? You're on a website dedicated to video games, and one specifically. On a forum about a class in a video game. Ooooh. But now you want to act like you "haz a lyfe yo" and nobody else does. Interesting world we live in. Oh and a twitch channel with a RBG vid? Streaming yourself playing a game? I think you take this game way more serious than you'll ever admit brah.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 02:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Um cool story bro. What he meant is why are you posting if you have nothing constructive to say, let alone why are you even on a WoW community site talking about WoW if you are so happy not playing WoW?


    OP I wouldn't take Noxxic in consideration their rankings are dumb and un realistic. Stick to WoL its probably the most "accurate" form of determining where your class should be on each fight, and thats saying it loosely.
    Because he's a massive hypocrite. People are so full of shit.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyBoi3 View Post
    this game was good in its prime for one reason: the awesome people you played with working towards the common goal of experiencing a new world. AKA the community and friendly competition. I never felt so connected to a group of people in all my life until world of Warcraft. However, we all moved on once the game moved away from the sense of accomplishment with your best e-friends and more about the need to feed the addiction, it just felt empty and hollow playing the game. Our mindset should be on the awesome experiences with your closest Internet friends, but Blizzard has lost touch on that since it is all about keeping the carrot on the string dangling in front of the individual now. It's a sad design philosophy, and I could no longer sit in front of the computer once my closest friend in WoW left.

    so what I'm trying to say is, you should really think about why you play World of Warcraft if all it does is make you unhappy.
    It's always been about the carrot on the stick man. But you can sit in front of the computer on a forum?
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  14. #14
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,251
    Accurate tool for highly played speccs: Raidbots.

    Accurate tool for speccs that aren't played: Your own theorycrafting (assuming you did it right)

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    FFXIV Stuff: i95 WHM/i92 SCH/i84 WAR/i83 BRD; T1-4, Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Xs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •