Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
... LastLast
  1. #281
    USA or EU? From 6 bosses on lfr I'm still in 5-10% uptime [EU]. It's a legendary gem because you barely see it, now I get it
    Last edited by blaxter; 2013-04-24 at 03:39 PM.

  2. #282
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112
    I dont agree with these single-spell tests to check the meta.

    It's supposed to be based on our rotation, not spamming scorch.

    Do rotation fights.. 6 min long.
    Then you might get some accurate %s
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I dont agree with these single-spell tests to check the meta.

    It's supposed to be based on our rotation, not spamming scorch.

    Do rotation fights.. 6 min long.
    Then you might get some accurate %s
    Agreed, get someone who provides haste and do a regular rotation. Frost armor already gives 2% more and spamming scorch is just going to give you an inflated number.

  4. #284
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,366
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I dont agree with these single-spell tests to check the meta.

    It's supposed to be based on our rotation, not spamming scorch.

    Do rotation fights.. 6 min long.
    Then you might get some accurate %s
    I did, and I got 3 proccs in 6 minutes, but I'm guessing it was just horrible RNG.

    Also, it doesn't matter if you spam one spell or do many. RPPM will recalculate based on how many chances to procc it has. E.g., a Warlock using DoTs and MG/DS will have a smaller chance to procc on each ability than a Frost Mage using straight up burst spells (this is EXCLUDING coefficients btw) purely because the Mage doesn't have as many attacks in the span of 1s, while the Warlock has quite a few. On average, the chance to procc is still the same in the end though.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 12:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Roidzilla View Post
    Agreed, get someone who provides haste and do a regular rotation. Frost armor already gives 2% more and spamming scorch is just going to give you an inflated number.
    What about doing a 6m actual rotation with Frost Armor and getting 3 proccs? I wouldn't call that inflation.

    Spamming scorch also doesn't inflate any more than a rotation would. If it does, we may have a new rotation to test for a higher DPS if Scorch actually does provide a higher uptime.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (I'll only accept with notice/name is recognizable)

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I dont agree with these single-spell tests to check the meta.

    It's supposed to be based on our rotation, not spamming scorch.

    Do rotation fights.. 6 min long.
    Then you might get some accurate %s
    LFR: Tortos (~5min) 7,5%; Megaera (~7min) 14,5%; Jinkun (~5min) 8,4%, Jinrok (~4min) 7,3%, Horridon (~6min) 19,2%.
    Last edited by blaxter; 2013-04-24 at 05:09 PM.

  6. #286
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    388
    Just did a dummy test on EU-Rexxar, 11min, 17% uptime (one double proc). So I guess there was a hotfix already yesterday.

  7. #287
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,366
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    LFR: Tortos (~5min) 7,5%; Megaera (~7min) 14,5%; Jinkun (~5min) 8,4%, Jinrok (~4min) 7,3%, Horridon (~6min) 19,2%.
    Should probably give GC the logs. It might not have bad-luck protection on Fire due to the multiple hotfixes.

    These seem WAY too scattered between 7% and 25% for it have ANY level of consistency.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (I'll only accept with notice/name is recognizable)

  8. #288
    Alright, I'm from EU, here are the results from our Raid today:

    Jin H, 5:30 duration


    Horridon N, 7:50 duration


    Council N, 4:30 duration


    My Armory

    In some of our longer Tortos H attempts, I got 15-22% uptime (5min+ fights)
    Last edited by senfgurke2; 2013-04-24 at 09:33 PM.

  9. #289
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112
    23, to 27 down to 17.. that's a little too random...

    We need what? 15% uptime to beat the 3% ice ?
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

  10. #290
    Results for last nights raid EU:

    Jin Rok 25M HC(05:29)

    Tempus Repit 8 73.6 22.2 %


    Horridon 25M HC(12:17)

    Tempus Repit 12 115.1 15.6 %


    Tortos 25M HC(10:02)

    Tempus Repit 9 90.2 14.9 %


    - Fire mage

  11. #291
    Jinrokh HM (4:10) - Arcane Mage
    Tempus Repit 4 39.0 15.5 %

    Horridon HM (10:12) - Frost Mage
    Tempus Repit 28 229.7 37.5 %

    Council HM (07:32) - Frost Mage
    Tempus Repit 21 176.4 38.9 %

    Tortos HM (05:51) - Frost Mage
    Tempus Repit 16 141.0 39.9 %

    Uptime felt so low for Arcane It should be a little higher I think, I just had bad luck.

  12. #292
    This might not be the best place to ask this question, but I didn't think it warranted a new thread.

    Is it possible to solo the part of the legendary quest where you have to throw the spear at Nalak and then run from the add it spawns? I just got to that step last night and it was too late to put a group together (plus i already did Nalak this week on Tuesday anyway). I've read places where hunters and locks could use a pet to tank Nalak long enough to do it. Can we use Mirror Images maybe? or do they die too fast? Will using invis after the add spawns to make nalak reset also cause the add to reset?

    I can get a tank to help me out, but I'd rather just do it solo if possible, people in my guild tend to not log on until right at raid time (or sometimes later, jerks) and I'd love to have the gem before raid.

    Thanks in advance!

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    This might not be the best place to ask this question, but I didn't think it warranted a new thread.

    Is it possible to solo the part of the legendary quest where you have to throw the spear at Nalak and then run from the add it spawns? I just got to that step last night and it was too late to put a group together (plus i already did Nalak this week on Tuesday anyway). I've read places where hunters and locks could use a pet to tank Nalak long enough to do it. Can we use Mirror Images maybe? or do they die too fast? Will using invis after the add spawns to make nalak reset also cause the add to reset?

    I can get a tank to help me out, but I'd rather just do it solo if possible, people in my guild tend to not log on until right at raid time (or sometimes later, jerks) and I'd love to have the gem before raid.

    Thanks in advance!
    You can get pretty much anyone for help to with this quest.

    Ask a person to pull Nalak then run to make him depop, throw the spear at Nalak when your friends pulls him, run in circles for 30 seconds, win !

    Just did it yesterday with a boomkin friend. He never got hit and I got my gem
    Made by mountandpetlover, big thanks !

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    You can get pretty much anyone for help to with this quest.

    Ask a person to pull Nalak then run to make him depop, throw the spear at Nalak when your friends pulls him, run in circles for 30 seconds, win !

    Just did it yesterday with a boomkin friend. He never got hit and I got my gem
    awesome, thanks!

  15. #295
    I just got my gem!! yay!!! now lets just hope it was worth it.

  16. #296
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,366
    Only did H Jin last night (and finally killed him, woot!)

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5164&e=5479

    5:14 Duration, 7 proccs 67.9s, 21.5% uptime

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (I'll only accept with notice/name is recognizable)

  17. #297
    Oh guys I don't think it was mentioned yet, but the uptime can vary with alter because you can extend it or even eat it up if it procs during it.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Oh guys I don't think it was mentioned yet, but the uptime can vary with alter because you can extend it or even eat it up if it procs during it.
    We all know

  19. #299
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,366
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s/6/?enc=kills

    Log is done. Because we were doing Heroic, I just stayed as Frost for Ji-Kun Normal, so ignore that ridiculously high, near 50%, uptime.

    Besides that, my lowest was around 15%, so it wasn't TOO bad. My others were 25% though so it was pretty good.

    I also FINALLY got my 4P, so I should be kicking ASS next week :3 (Now if only I could get a chestpiece and my trinket...)
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-04-26 at 04:01 PM.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (I'll only accept with notice/name is recognizable)

  20. #300
    Grunt cecild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    15
    buff gained time %uptime
    Tempus Repit 9 82.2 26.9 %

    Council since it was pretty much the least downtime fight we did last night.

    cant post links yet :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •