Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    snip

So yea good for EA, Not like any games they make are for ppl who use the nintendo console.
    or people with taste. Because youre only a "real" adult if you play with xbox or ps3
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-04-03 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    its not really hard to see why..

destroyed franchises, destroyed developers, dlc controversy etc etc
    Some but not many, allot of developers where actually destroying themselves before selling up to EA (eg. Westwood), and destroyed franchises is based on opinion some players don’t like Dead Space 3 “To much action, oh no they have killed the IP” or Mass Effect 3 “The ending ruined the whole game, they’ve killed the IP” when in the end they were largely successful and sold well, yes even the recent SimCity (not including Dungeon Keeper though they certainly killed that)

I’ll give you DLC though, but EA isn’t the only company that been doing it or even started it.

I won’t defend the obvious lying to their fan base though, because that’s not on.

Sorry for going off-topic.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    That do that whether they're failing or succeeding (RIP Bullfrog, Westwood, etc), which is one of the many reasons for all the well earned hate they get.
    Agree with Bullfrog, i miss that company.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Some but not many, allot of developers where actually destroying themselves before selling up to EA (eg. Westwood), and destroyed franchises is based on opinion some players don’t like Dead Space 3 “To much action, oh no they have killed the IP” or Mass Effect 3 “The ending ruined the whole game, they’ve killed the IP” when in the end they were largely successful and sold well, yes even the recent SimCity (not including Dungeon Keeper though they certainly killed that)

I’ll give you DLC though, but EA isn’t the only company that been doing it or even started it.

I won’t defend the obvious lying to their fan base though, because that’s not on.

Sorry for going off-topic.
    wait westwood had just made C&C red alert and bladerunner just before EA took over.. how were they destroying themselves. What about bullfrog? do people consider syndicate franchise better now? simcity? the list goes on

fifa is the only thing i can think of which has actually got better.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-04-03 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    wait westwood had just made C&C red alert and bladerunner just before EA took over.. how were they destroying themselves. What about bullfrog? do people consider syndicate franchise better now? simcity? the list goes on

fifa is the only thing i can think of which has actually got better.
    I believe Spelling Entertainment Group who owned Virgin Interactive at the time (The Publisher) wasn’t impressed with the sales so they put Westwood up for sale and EA bought. Not sure about Bullfrog and Syndicate.

What i'm saying it things aren't always what they seem, and some developers would not be around today if the big publishers never bought, its the better alternative i think.

Edit: Added Links
    Last edited by Toccs; 2013-04-03 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    What i'm saying it things aren't always what they seem, and some developers would not be around today if the big publishers never bought, its the better alternative i think.
    you could also argue that if EA hadnt bought them.. some of them would still be around today.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i am not ashamed to say they are EA games i trully enjoyed, it really depends, i don't want to give in to blind hate because all the cool kids do it.

I have lot of fun on fifa13, nfs, mass effect, dead space, mirror's edge, even SWTOR. Could this game have been better if published by other than EA, maybe, maybe not. Or maybe they wouldn't even exist.

Could have, would have, should have. In the end, i judge a game by its own merit, not because it's cool to hate on EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i am not ashamed to say they are EA games i trully enjoyed, it really depends, i don't want to give in to blind hate because all the cool kids do it.

I have lot of fun on fifa13, nfs, mass effect, dead space, mirror's edge, even SWTOR. Could this game have been better if published by other than EA, maybe, maybe not. Or maybe they wouldn't even exist.

Could have, would have, should have. In the end, i judge a game by its own merit, not because it's cool to hate on EA.
    The thing is people are not getting is it's not blind hate.

The Hate EA gets is justified. There is a reason EA won the Golden Poo Reward in 2012.

EA has shit on many game company's and games.

So those saying its blind hate give it a rest because it has been proven time and time again that the hate EA gets is justified and not blind.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Hmm...
    The wiiU suddenly sounds like a better console.

How odd.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Hmm...
    The wiiU suddenly sounds like a better console.

How odd.
    Crazy the way that works isn't it?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The thing is people are not getting is it's not blind hate.

The Hate EA gets is justified. There is a reason EA won the Golden Poo Reward in 2012.

EA has shit on many game company's and games.

So those saying its blind hate give it a rest because it has been proven time and time again that the hate EA gets is justified and not blind.
    the thing is, it kind of is "blind hate".
    What do i read sometime on these forums.

"i don't buy EA games ever"
    "the games's from EA, it is crap"
    "i don't want EA games on my console anyway"

is the game innovative? doesn't say
    is the game well crafted? doesn't say
    is the game at least fun? doesn't say
    is the game from EA? Yes, then it's crap

Where do you judge a game on its own merit in that attitude.

People were going to buy EA games for the Wii U anyway?

Yeah this is fantastic news for me. I don't need their pay-to-play trash cluttering up my console.

Ok I can agree with that a bit there is some people who do blindly hate EA because its EA. But there is a lot like myself who Hate EA due to having there fav games or company's ruin because EA wanted to make a quick buck.

I have a high hate for EA/Capcom/Activision and a couple others. Due to games I grew up with getting ran into the ground and all the shady ways they have try'ed to make a quick buck from players.

The only company I can personally say I didn't feel like I was just a $$$ to them is Nintendo and Sony.
    Hell some company's have even came out and admitted they did some shitty things and made some bad choice's "like Square Enix just did" and I hope later on other company's admit it as well.

There has also been this comment going around that EA is working with MS on something with the next xbox and that they have yet to set there next gen game price's and its a good chance those games will cost 70$ each.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

i find it odd, that JUST an australian site says such a thing....

Saying "Our new engine that will power up XXX YYY ZZZ games, won't be Wii U compatible" isn't the same thing as saying "NO MORE EA GAMES ON THE WII U!! ITS LAST GEN!!"

Two complete different things.

Plus i keep reading how everyone hates EA, but the sales of Sim City, FIFA, Madden, etc... are huge... now, either the sales are a lie, or everyone just keeps going with the flow because it's cool to hate EA (but buy their games in the shadows).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero-link View Post
    i find it odd, that JUST an australian site says such a thing....

Saying "Our new engine that will power up XXX YYY ZZZ games, won't be Wii U compatible" isn't the same thing as saying "NO MORE EA GAMES ON THE WII U!! ITS LAST GEN!!"

Two complete different things.

Plus i keep reading how everyone hates EA, but the sales of Sim City, FIFA, Madden, etc... are huge... now, either the sales are a lie, or everyone just keeps going with the flow because it's cool to hate EA (but buy their games in the shadows).
    Again, and again, the sales of SimCity were not "huge." Spore rivaled those sales in the midst of an outright community revolt, four years ago. Sims 3 had higher sales in half the time, also years ago. You think it was a complete coincidence that the day we learned how lackluster SimCity's sales were, just also happened to be the day we learned that Richie resigned?

People calling those sales "huge" are just falling for the bullshit.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-04-03 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    who cares

the wii was the best selling system out of the big 3
    the wii will always have great titles and now the wii u will too

who really cares? other than sports games im sure u can get other games just like their other titles from other developers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    who cares

the wii was the best selling system out of the big 3
    the wii will always have great titles and now the wii u will too

who really cares? other than sports games im sure u can get other games just like their other titles from other developers
    If Pete wants to throw away market share then by all means let him. I would like to see who fills the void and what they come up with besides EA's, "Who's got the year stamp? Time to make a new sports game."

ea has a personal vendetta against nintendo because they tried to fool nintendo into making them force all games to be run through origin, when nintendo found out they cancelled any possible deals, since then ea has cancelled all projects it can for any games on the wiiu, for example crysis 3 had a fully finished wiiu port but ea refused to release it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    read the OP, thought "oh shit, thats not good" and then tried to think of an EA title i'd be fussed about playing on the Wii U... turns out perhaps its not as big a deal as I thought...

I played my Wii U for about 2 weeks after christmas, then I gave it and all my games to my niece... I don't blame EA, I wasn't impressed either.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Deleted

I have to agree, they don't seem to realize the difference between a publisher and a producer.