Poll: Someone asks a questionn in Trade. What is your reaction?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Really depends on the question, should have provided an example imo !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Acceptable, but think of this - English is not everyone's first language. Not everyone has the luxury to express oneself in perfect English grammar, both in terms of syntax and punctuation. I used to hold the same view as you - I believed someone's skills in grammar and punctuation were heavily correlated with their character traits & skills. Years later I realized though that this was not the case, and assuming things based on something like knowledge of the English language is heavily biased at best.
    English isn't my native language either yet I would say that I speak and write it fairly well. It's all about how motivated you are to learn it, I know quite a lot of people in my own age who has around the same level of English knowledge as I do, but also those who has far worse, mostly because for whatever reason they cared less about it, not thinking they would ever need it. That kind of attitude is incredibly rare when it comes to English in Sweden though, but it exists.

I personally always try to improve my current knowledge of English, if I ever stumble upon a word I for whatever reason don't know, or I'm unsure how to spell it (which happens from time to time), I look it up and practice spelling and pronouncing it.

That said, someone who types poorly can definitely still be a great person, and simply not be as good at the language yet. I try to be very patient and understanding with people like this, as I'm aware some has a harder time than others, but if a person doesn't even try to improve themselves and keep typing poorly, to the degree that I get a headache trying to decipher what he/she is trying to say, I will quickly ignore the person.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Suzisuicide View Post
    Really depends on the question, should have provided an example imo !
    "Where are the honor gear vendors? I can't seem to find them anywhere in Orgrimmar among the old ones!"

"What's the best stat for X class and Y spec?"

"Where can I obtain item X?"

A few examples of questions I see from time to time whenever I visit the city.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-04-03 at 03:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I personally always try to improve my current knowledge of English, if I ever stumble upon a word I for whatever reason don't know, or I'm unsure how to spell it (which happens from time to time), I look it up and practice spelling and pronouncing it.
    I totally believe that Don´t try to make yourself look too good. We aren´t living in a rainbow world where everything is prefect and you most definitely aren´t practising pronounciation everytime you stumble upon a new word.

Rest of your post I agree with, living in Finland myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlew View Post
    I totally believe that Don´t try to make yourself look too good. We aren´t living in a rainbow world where everything is prefect and you most definitely aren´t practising pronounciation everytime you stumble upon a new word.

Rest of your post I agree with, living in Finland myself.
    I'm actually not joking... I don't expect everyone to do this, and I'm by no means perfect, it's just that I care a lot for the English language and little for the Swedish one.