Reforging stat loss

Today I picked up a few new pieces, and realized that with only minimal reforging (and some un-forging) I was able to achieve my desired stats for hit/exp as well as parry/dodge ratio. Then I realized that there's a stat loss with any reforging and if you reforge every piece of gear, the total stats is decreased.

So in theory, if you kept reforging to a minimum and built your gear around pieces with the most desireable stats that did not need reforging, you would technically be better than someone with an identical ilvl and had every gear reforged.

If you're someone that's going for min/maxing... it seems not using reforging would be the way to go.

There is no stat loss when reforging.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, no. All it does is convert a percent of the original stat into a smaller amount of the newly desired stat. If you reforge out of 100 mastery into, say, dodge, you'll still have 100 combined mastery and new dodge. No loss anywhere. Newton's Law of Conservation of Armor Stats and all that.

Wasn't sure of the exact percent, but now I looked! Using the above example, reforging a 100 mastery bonus into dodge yields 40 dodge, leaving 60 mastery behind. The total of 100 "stat" is maintained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    7seti is right, there is no stat loss when reforging OP.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

I let reforgeelite addon do the work. It always perfectly close my hit and exp capped with specific stats i really wanted. Give it a try

Thanks for the clarification. I think originally there was stat loss but this never came up in my brain before. Appreciate the comments!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superdx View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I think originally there was stat loss but this never came up in my brain before. Appreciate the comments!

There was never a stat loss.