Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Maybe she just doesn't feel comfortable being alone with you yet.
    And if she's a bit shy herself than it becomes extremely awkward to have two shy people not talking to eachother.
    Yeah, I can see why she would bring a friend. Doesn't have to mean anything bad.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    I spend the entire night sitting on the couch watching them talking to each others about stuff and other friends they have. Damn.. i was like ''what the f.. i'm doing here ?''. At the end i didn't have any fn interaction with the girl who bring me there. I though that she like me..well i was wrong !
    Well, first of all, that isn't a date. That's just hanging out with friends.

And if you like the girl you're supposed to start a conversation yourself. Not just sit there passively and wonder what you're doing there.
    The girl was probably trying to see what kind of person you truly are, and since you didn't say anything you probably blew your chances right there.

Yeah, the reason that it was horrible was either due to #1 you not taking initiative to talk, and/or #2 you just don't have that much in common.

10+ Year Old Account
    you probably blew your chances right there.
    Yeah, the reason that it was horrible was either due to #1 you not taking initiative to talk, and/or #2 you just don't have that much in common.
    She want to see me again though so i guess this wasn't that bad but i'm not sure if i'm mentally ready for another 3 hours of awkwardness. Even if she cute and all. I don't know.. I need to seriously thing about it but maybe you're right.

I did try to fit in. Thank god the other dude was there to talk with me about car and stuff. But her.. She didn't even look at me the entire time. She was laughing..and yeah
    Last edited by Malkazam; 2013-04-05 at 04:14 PM.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

She want to see me again though so i guess this wasn't that bad but i'm not sure if i'm mentally ready for another 3 hours of awkwardness. Even if she cute and all. I don't know.. I need to seriously thing about it but maybe you're right.

I did try to fit in. Thank god the other dude was there to talk with me about car and stuff. But her.. She didn't even look at me the entire time. She was laughing..and yeah
    if she had no interest for you at all, why even bother inviting you out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    if she had no interest for you at all, why even bother inviting you out.
    Yeah, why would she? To me it sounds like you're into eachother but both are too shy to have a 1-on-1 date.

She tries to make things easier by bringing friends, making the situation a lot more open. But then she depends on her friends too much to do the talking for her. And you don't take the initiative to talk to her but instead seek comfort in talking with her male friend. Yeah... you two do sound alike.

Maybe try to get a 1-on-1 date instead? Then you're both forced to talk to eachother and see where it goes. It might be a bit out of your comfort zone, but it's the only easy way to know if you're truly into eachother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put it in her booty, if she doesn't stop you, she wants the D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    dude u will get friend zoned

abort abort! then talk to her again and go out 1 on 1

Well, not to rain shit on you, but I don't think she's asking you out on a date. She's asking you out on a night out, as a friend.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Well..

I was hoping for better but i guess this is true.

Anyway thanks for helping me. Everything seem less weird now. I'm not very interested to be in the friendzone. I'll give it a last shot and if nothing change them i'll move foward.

Put it in her booty, if she doesn't stop you, she wants the D.
    This is a good advice.. Maybe i can poke her right leg with it a little bit too ?
    Last edited by Malkazam; 2013-04-05 at 05:54 PM.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

OP, why are you shy?
    In that "dubble date", you say you watch them talk, why don't you join in? Even if you think "Fuck this is awkward", just let your fear go and start talking.. It probably is not as easy as i say, huh.. I just don't understand why people are "shy".

Now if you don't enjoy what they are doing, or you aren't interessted in what they are talking about then there is no point in going out with her. Unless you have something in common with her.
    I'm not shy, but if 3 women were sitting talking about Twilight i would think "What the fuck am i doing here" and wanted to kill me, but i would also leave.

My advice would be to call her now, and ask her on a date, either going out and do something you and her enjoy or a simple movie + food at your place. Her and you alone, not her friends.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Why didn't you simply tell her you'd rather go on a date alone?

Also, you need to get over your social anxiety. It's really not healthy and won't do you any favors, with this girl or anything else.

In any case, there's a pretty good chance she doesn't like you the way you think she does, if she ignored you while around her friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not shy, but if 3 women were sitting talking about Twilight i would think "What the fuck am i doing here" and wanted to kill me, but i would also leave.
    This exactly. I understand what are you trying to say but when you don't have a clue about what they are talking about.. Well what can you do ? Just leave like that ? Like..Oh i'm sorry i don't like the subject of your conversation goodbye !

You can't just get the f out like that...

Why didn't you simply tell her you'd rather go on a date alone?

Also, you need to get over your social anxiety. It's really not healthy and won't do you any favors, with this girl or anything else.

In any case, there's a pretty good chance she doesn't like you the way you think she does, if she ignored you while around her friends.
    I ask her out alone but she answer me that she was shy so.. I'm shy too. Maybe the 1-1 dates wasn't a good idea in this case so i give her idea a try. Maybe you're right too. She can be shy..but she was in her comfort zone with her 2 friends and still.. I never meet the guy who was there and today i know him more than i know the girl who invited me lol

But at least you all saying the same thing.. Friendzone is awaiting me
    \m/(-_-)\m/

This exactly. I understand what are you trying to say but when you don't have a clue about what they are talking about.. Well what can you do ? Just leave like that ? Like..Oh i'm sorry i don't like the subject of your conversation goodbye !

You can't just get the f out like that...
    But i only said Twilight because i have zero interest in that, or anything around it. (As in i would have nothing in common with "someone like that".) Not that im saying a movie would make me not date them

But if you don't know what they are talking about, then ask them^^ and try to contribute with something you can relate to on the subject they are talking about.

If she doesn't want to go on a date with you 1-1, then just forget her. If she is shy to the point that she can't be alone with you or share anything with you, then what is the point? Ask her again and answer with you are shy aswell, and what's the worst thing that can happen? That you don't enjoy eachothers company.. Then if you find that out, then great, you can move on
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

*lay down on the couch*

So here my problem..

There this cute girl who text me a lots of nice things since i meet her at her job. I think she like me a lot because she always laugh and try to invite me on date. I think i like her too. I mean.. She funny and we have a lot in common but..

When she invited me, she always want to bring me to some place with her friends and i don't know them.

I won't lie, I'm a shy guy and i lost some social skill toward the years i was playing WoW. When i meet her at the grocery store where she work, i have a hard time talking to her so.. I don't know if i could make it with her and her unknown friends !

But why ? Why she want to be around people and bring me there ?

I always though that a date was a 1 on 1 thing like to go to a restaurant, watch a movie , to go some place and have fun. You know.. A place where you can be romantic and all.. But in front of a bunch of random peoples who gonna look at me its gonna be a hard thing to do..

So every time she asked me out i start to feel a lot of stress and eventually my answer is no. She sad, very disappointing and she let me know it. This doesn't help a lot but.. Yeah i regret it after..

I'm like... ''Dude seriously..What the f..?''

I don't want to lose here.. but i don't feel strong enough to be with her and those peoples i don't know at the same times. I can't handle it..

Aww crap.. I'm weird i know..
    Go out with her and her friends. Get to know her more. What's the worst that could happen?

Are you just going to give up a potential girly and possibly new friends just because you're scared?

Chin up boyo, if you won't, the next guy who lays eyes on her will. And then he'll be having a great time hittin' that, while you sit at home and play with your Orc or whatever.

You need to decide which of those you prefer.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    She wants her friends to give her input on you. Or she is just inviting you as a friend and you're the one thinking it like that.

Atleast the two friends were a couple dude, would of been ten times worse if they were all friends

But be a man, and just go for it and say, Look, do you mind if we can go out, just the two of us next time? and if she asks why just say your shy and you felt uncomfortable around them

But to me it sounds like she was tagging along with her mate whos going out with that lad, and shes getting tired of it, you know three a crowd, so decided to bring someone so she didnt feel as awkard

Deleted
    To be honest, if a girl invited me out for drinks with her and 2 friends that were a couple - I'd be happy to go. She was probably uneasy and wanted time with you without the pressure of being alone. If she invited you out for drinks with a large group of girl mates - that's a red flag.

I'd personally use the opportunity as a great way to win over her friends by being an utterly charming and witty bastard (but that's just me).

You didn't sound comfortable with being in a room with 3 strangers though, which I can understand, some people aren't so lesson learned and perhaps in future find women happy to meet one-on-one.

But at least you all saying the same thing.. Friendzone is awaiting me
    You have a small window of opportunity left. March down there, tell her you would love to go out with her and her couple friends, and set a date.

Go now. RIDE LIKE THE WIND.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    She wants her friends to give her input on you. Or she is just inviting you as a friend and you're the one thinking it like that.
    To be fair in my dating experiences (not that many but still some) she or I never invited friends along at the first few dates. But it depends case to case, as if she and you have mutual friends and so. But on the first date it seems a bit akward or off to be fair. I want to talk to her not with her friends. If she doesn't want to talk to me then maybe that's why she invites other friends to tag along.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a small window of opportunity left. March down there, tell her you would love to go out with her and her couple friends, and set a date.

Go now. RIDE LIKE THE WIND.
    I will ! Like i said i will give her a last chance since she invited me again.. but if thing are the same well i'll move forwards after it.

I mean the couple who was there the first time are funny people and they talk a lot but like i told them last night. I was there only for (let call her china) for china and only her. They answer me that she was very nervous and shy but even if i stay the entire night wondering what i was doing here it seem like i did a good job.. At least that what they told me.

You know i'm not a very social dude. I made another post about it a couple of weeks ago. I was playing WoW a lot over the past couple of years and it just affect me over time because i was stuck at my computer and not out with some friends and learning some social skills. So yeah i'm shy because i'm not used to be around unknown people but still i managed to kick my ass after i read your advice here and i did go with them even if my stomach didn't want me tho.

I didn't do that much. This is my mistake maybe i don't only blame her. I'll try to do better this next time.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

Deleted
    but like i told them last night. I was there only for china and only her.
    That's quite an insulting thing to say in the presence of other people on a mutually arranged night out. Just saying...