1. #1

    Which pull rotation is better?

    Hey guys, appreciate any advice. Over the course of the last 2 weeks I've really started to fully understand and maximize the mage class & my dps. Been very fun. Which of the following would you use?

    1)
    #showtooltip Icy Veins
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
    /use 14
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Show()
    /cast Mirror Image
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Alter Time
    /cast Lifeblood
    /cast Frostbolt

    This pull basically combines icy veins & alter time off the bat. I then cast Frozen Orb. I also have my frostbolt & PoM macroed together so when I use frostbolt it always checks for PoM.

    2) Basically everything in 1, except Alter time. I would wait to use Alter time until I have 2 Frozen Fingers & Brain Freeze procced.

    Appreciate any advice again, thanks!

  2. #2
    The Patient royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illidan
    Posts
    333
    Lifeblood is the Herbalism bonus right? Cast that before AT as well to stack the haste bonus for longer... And yes you want to use AT with procs up, not just on the pull... I would do something more like this.

    - DoT target, Get 3 stacks of FB dbuff, Orb, get procs trinket/lightweave blow your pew pew macro, just make sure and use ALL your stuff Before Alter time, if you AT then lifeblood like you have in your previous macro, when AT ends it takes away your lifeblood.
    <The Decoy> 2 Night/Week 10M - US - Illidan - 13/13 HC T15, 13/14 HC T16
    Our Kill Videos
    Guild Twitter: @illidandecoy
    ------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Y - Ghost Safari
    FC: 2036 - 7493 - 8881

  3. #3
    Gotcha, so basically..

    Prepot, Pull happens....Nether Tempest, Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Frostbolt, Once I have brain freeze & 2 fingers of frost, hit Lifeblood/Trinket, Then my macro.

    My macro is setup so basically ice veins is cast a tick b4 AT (still new to macros), but basically I'm getting like 4-5 secs (the amount AT takes to happen after pressing it) of extra icy veins.

  4. #4
    Prepull:
    Invocation
    Mirror Images
    Prepot

    After pull:
    NT,
    3xFB
    Fish for 2xFoF+BF as well as trinket procs
    IV+Lifeblood+trinket+AT

    EDIT: Forgot IV in the macro
    Last edited by MattRas; 2013-04-03 at 09:16 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRas View Post
    Prepull:
    Invocation
    Mirror Images
    Prepot

    After pull:
    NT,
    3xFB
    Fish for 2xFoF+BF as well as trinket procs
    AT+Lifeblood+trinket
    Looks good, where do you click icy veins? After we're happy with our procs?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 04:25 PM ----------

    So here is what I gathered, most I knew already, just let me know if anything is wrong:

    PREPULL:
    Invoc.
    Prepot
    Mirrorimage (I have a macro that puts MI/Jade serp together)

    PULL:
    Nether Tempest
    FB, FB, FB
    After 3rd FB if you have all procs move on, if not keep fishing with FBs

    After you have 2 Fingers of Frost & Brain Freeze (and hopefully trinket proc)

    Cast Pew-pew Macro (Icy Veins, Lifeblood, Trinket, Alter Time)

    I just used this againt raid dummy and was like 108dps.

    One thing I am not in love with is that once we have all our procs up, we cast icy veins macro, however icy veins doesn't effect our ice lance, so we kind of waste a few seconds casting ice lance and instant FFB brain freeze, dont we? Guess there is no other way though...
    Last edited by nelsonb24; 2013-04-03 at 04:27 PM.

  6. #6
    The Patient royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illidan
    Posts
    333
    One thing I want to reiterate is that cast ALLLLL the on use stuff BEFORE Alter time, so gloves, icy veins, lifeblood THEN Alter Time in your macro.

    But since the procs are the biggest part of your dps, 2x icelance and 1x FFB they will eat a little of your Icy Veins time but if its glyphed, it is buffing those spells so more procs is more good! If its not glyphed then its haste bonus is wasted slightly, but procs>hasted frost bolts.
    <The Decoy> 2 Night/Week 10M - US - Illidan - 13/13 HC T15, 13/14 HC T16
    Our Kill Videos
    Guild Twitter: @illidandecoy
    ------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Y - Ghost Safari
    FC: 2036 - 7493 - 8881

  7. #7
    Blademaster Larada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonb24 View Post
    One thing I am not in love with is that once we have all our procs up, we cast icy veins macro, however icy veins doesn't effect our ice lance, so we kind of waste a few seconds casting ice lance and instant FFB brain freeze, dont we? Guess there is no other way though...
    Reaching the haste point to start using Glyph of Icy Viens isn't too difficult. This way IL procs are not wasted during IV.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    One thing I want to reiterate is that cast ALLLLL the on use stuff BEFORE Alter time, so gloves, icy veins, lifeblood THEN Alter Time in your macro.

    But since the procs are the biggest part of your dps, 2x icelance and 1x FFB they will eat a little of your Icy Veins time but if its glyphed, it is buffing those spells so more procs is more good! If its not glyphed then its haste bonus is wasted slightly, but procs>hasted frost bolts.
    Yes I understand,

    Thanks for all your help.

    Could it ever be benefitial to hold Frozen Orb until after your alter time procs are gone? So basically your pull procs come up, you use alter time, ice lance ice lance, BR, they get refreshed, ice lance ice lance, BR....Then through frozen orb

  9. #9
    Just so you know, you can't macro MI in the middle of a macro because it causes a GCD. You can either put it last in the list, make a cast sequence, or just not have it in the macro.

  10. #10
    The Patient royals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Illidan
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonb24 View Post
    Yes I understand,

    Thanks for all your help.

    Could it ever be benefitial to hold Frozen Orb until after your alter time procs are gone? So basically your pull procs come up, you use alter time, ice lance ice lance, BR, they get refreshed, ice lance ice lance, BR....Then through frozen orb
    I am not the frost mage in our group... but if I recall correctly from our resident frost mage, he uses the Orb to get the inital FoF procs to force your alter time sooner and get more out of the initial trinket procs duration from alter time.
    <The Decoy> 2 Night/Week 10M - US - Illidan - 13/13 HC T15, 13/14 HC T16
    Our Kill Videos
    Guild Twitter: @illidandecoy
    ------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Y - Ghost Safari
    FC: 2036 - 7493 - 8881

  11. #11
    So, why no one pre cast a frosbolt before the pull then NT right after it ?

    I can't see a reason not to. Also, pre-pull rotation have been known for months, just search this forum for a minute and you'll get the perfect one. =)
    Made by mountandpetlover, big thanks !

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Saegno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, Ks
    Posts
    1,013
    Un-macro your PoM+Frostbolt.
    If you use PoM right before you hit AT you get the charge during AT and the charge again after AT ends since you cast it before AT.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •