Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    What I hate is sometimes I play on a network with iffy internet access. While it works it is fast, but it will randomly drop me on occasion. Usually I can reconnect within 1-2 minutes, but now and then this will happen in an instance. When it happens in an instance there is a chance it will force me out of the group (which is odd as normally if you DC you are given a minute or two before the group can even kick you. But this flatout removes me as if I had manually left the group) and give me the Dungeon Deserter debuff, even though I never actually LEFT the group.

Shouldn't be punished for a disconnect :\
    on my old connection, it was really bad, use to disconnect at least once every 2 hours, and when i was pvping it was very annoying getting disconnected, logging back in and having that stupid debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    What I hate is sometimes I play on a network with iffy internet access. While it works it is fast, but it will randomly drop me on occasion. Usually I can reconnect within 1-2 minutes, but now and then this will happen in an instance. When it happens in an instance there is a chance it will force me out of the group (which is odd as normally if you DC you are given a minute or two before the group can even kick you. But this flatout removes me as if I had manually left the group) and give me the Dungeon Deserter debuff, even though I never actually LEFT the group.

Shouldn't be punished for a disconnect :\
    The system is to stop you from inconveniencing other players. Having a bad internet connection still affects other people.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Entering a battleground and leaving is your choice and has nothing to do with how good or bad your group is. You left.

The debuff is to motivate players like you to finish out a game versus leaving at the first sign of things going bad.
    Did you even read my post? It wasn't a battleground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I don't want to abandon a group after 2 bosses, so I left. Now I'm stuck with a 30 minute debuff for it.
    Wait , let me understand. You dont want to abandon grp after 2 bosses so you abandoned grp after 2 bosses ? Iron logic right there ^^

Did you even read my post? It wasn't a battleground.
    I don't see how it being a dungeon changes my point at all. You joined a group and left and you don't think you should get the punishment for the inconvenience you caused the other 4 people in that group.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    In theory that's what it's SUPPOSED to do. The reality is that players, especially tanks, still leave right after zoning in. Or they stick around until the first boss is dead and then leave.

Personally I support a scaling system that raises the penalty length dependent on how in-demand your role is. Tanks, who have near instant queue's, would get a longer penalty.
    Exactly! It's not like people who actually leave, the people this is supposed to deterr, even care about the debuff. People still leave al lthe time.

From people like me? Did you even TRY to read what I wrote?
    I didn't leave out of spite, I didn't leave because I want to ruin it for a group, I left because I had missed the fact they had already taken down 2 bosses and I didn't want to have to join twice for the same raid and in the end having to leave a different group after the first 2 bosses.

Do you understand that now?
    I understood it before. You want to control what bosses you want to face, and don't care about the rest of the group. Period. That's all this is.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

OP, just because it doesn't prevent you from being selfish doesn't mean it doesn't work on others.

In fact, I would posit that you are even here complaining about it proves that it does work quite well.

Exactly! It's not like people who actually leave, the people this is supposed to deterr, even care about the debuff. People still leave al lthe time.
    You may still leave all the time, but I've had a decent 5 man experience and I'd like to think having a deterrent helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact (not sure if they fixed it in 5.2) But if you are in an LFR, and engage a boss and leave, you will get your loot mailed to you (assuming they kill it on that attempt)
    I've reported it about a dozen times to no avail
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    Fun fact (not sure if they fixed it in 5.2) But if you are in an LFR, and engage a boss and leave, you will get your loot mailed to you (assuming they kill it on that attempt)
    I've reported it about a dozen times to no avail
    It's not a bug lol.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    If you complete an LFR, your next queue is guaranteed to be a fresh one.
    No, it's not. It's much more likely to be fresh, but on my healers I sometimes STILL get multiple 2/3 or 3/4 groups in a row. The frustrating thing is that there's really no incentive to stay in a bad run. At least give us an additional shot at an item if we're stuck healing the same 1 boss over and over. 45 valor? Not even worth my time, heroics are pretty much a guaranteed one shot and I get more than just 45 valor there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    In theory that's what it's SUPPOSED to do. The reality is that players, especially tanks, still leave right after zoning in. Or they stick around until the first boss is dead and then leave.

Personally I support a scaling system that raises the penalty length dependent on how in-demand your role is. Tanks, who have near instant queue's, would get a longer penalty.
    For dungeons, sure, but for LFR it takes nearly as long as DPS to get in. Healers are the only ones with fast LFR queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    From people like me? Did you even TRY to read what I wrote?
    I didn't leave out of spite, I didn't leave because I want to ruin it for a group, I left because I had missed the fact they had already taken down 2 bosses and I didn't want to have to join twice for the same raid and in the end having to leave a different group after the first 2 bosses.

And I've had groups so bad they can't deal with trash, I've had moments where getting the debuff made no sense at all.
    That doesn't change the fact that without that debuff, that group would likely be stuck waiting because everyone who didn't want an in-progress group would join and drop over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    No, it's not. It's much more likely to be fresh, but on my healers I sometimes STILL get multiple 2/3 or 3/4 groups in a row. The frustrating thing is that there's really no incentive to stay in a bad run. At least give us an additional shot at an item if we're stuck healing the same 1 boss over and over. 45 valor? Not even worth my time, heroics are pretty much a guaranteed one shot and I get more than just 45 valor there.
    It's not possible to get stuck one the same boss over and over.

It's there to encourage people to stay in groups and try to help others. If you don't do that, you get the debuff. I see no issues with it. imho - people who decide they want to ditch a group should get penalized.

If you DC, that sux. But a system should not be designed around a miniscule portion (i.e. that barely ever happens).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorticon View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that without that debuff, that group would likely be stuck waiting because everyone who didn't want an in-progress group would join and drop over and over again.

this use to happen a lot during dragonsoul LFR, even with the debuff (i think there was bebuff then?) but i remember leaving groups that were just before last boss because people kepy joining and leaving and spend like 20mins looking for a tank, who then just left as soon as they realised it was last boss.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    It's there to encourage people to stay in groups and try to help others. If you don't do that, you get the debuff. I see no issues with it. imho - people who decide they want to ditch a group should get penalized.

If you DC, that sux. But a system should not be designed around a miniscule portion (i.e. that barely ever happens).

I think they should even take it farther and make it an account wide debuff like the valor buff you get when a toon caps. Now ppl just leave log over to a new toon and try on them until the debuff is gone.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

"From people like me? Did you even TRY to read what I wrote?

And I've had groups so bad they can't deal with trash, I've had moments where getting the debuff made no sense at all."
    Your logic works against you OP. You state you don't want to queue again for the same instance and leave after the first 2 bosses, but what if the next group you pulled was 1 boss down? Or how about 2? Now you're queuing a third time. Personally, and I know this might just be my luck, I have never gotten a run queuing for an LFR the second time after downing the final boss of that wing that is NOT a new run. As mentioned by many posters in this thread, the debuff was added in to prevent people from either not accepting the queue seeing that bosses were dead, and to discourage people leaving once into a run. From my personal experience in Cata, there were many times that we downed 1 or 2 bosses in LFR, then the group would pretty much just disband to queue again if people left (particularly a tank or healer) since the queue would not be accepted knowing they could get a reasonably quick queue anyway and just fish for a new run.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-03 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

I'm really annoyed with how the system works now, and that it doesn't show you how many bosses are down. I'm sorry, but if I want to do the whole raid, it just pisses me off if I get in a group at the last boss. I can see the reason for doing it this way, but why should I be punished just because other people couldn't finish their run? It's just really annoying having to queue 2 or 3 times for the same raid, with a waiting time on 35-40 minutes each time. They should make some system where you could fill in what you are looking for, maybe you are just in it for the valor, and then just doing the last boss would be faster. At least give us an option, right now it's pretty much being lucky or being fucked.