Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    It's not possible to get stuck one the same boss over and over.
    By that, you mean you can't queue, get a partial, requeue, and start on the same boss repeatedly? I beg to differ. Last week I tried running part two of ToT three times and started on the last boss three times. I didn't get the full thing until a fourth on Monday night.

That being said, you don't get to pick which bosses you want to fight. If that was the case, classes in high demand would cherry pick the bosses they need and drop, leaving the rest of the population in the cold. If you want to run an LFR, run it. If not, leave. Just don't whine about the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I'm really annoyed with how the system works now, and that it doesn't show you how many bosses are down. I'm sorry, but if I want to do the whole raid, it just pisses me off if I get in a group at the last boss. I can see the reason for doing it this way, but why should I be punished just because other people couldn't finish their run? It's just really annoying having to queue 2 or 3 times for the same raid, with a waiting time on 35-40 minutes each time. They should make some system where you could fill in what you are looking for, maybe you are just in it for the valor, and then just doing the last boss would be faster. At least give us an option, right now it's pretty much being lucky or being fucked.
    It's hard to feel sympathetic towards you're situation when you're basically saying you don't care about other players. They have dungeon runs too, why should they get fucked just because you think you're too special to go for a whole run?

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    By that, you mean you can't queue, get a partial, requeue, and start on the same boss repeatedly? I beg to differ. Last week I tried running part two of ToT three times and started on the last boss three times. I didn't get the full thing until a fourth on Monday night.

That being said, you don't get to pick which bosses you want to fight. If that was the case, classes in high demand would cherry pick the bosses they need and drop, leaving the rest of the population in the cold. If you want to run an LFR, run it. If not, leave. Just don't whine about the penalty.
    You had to be doing lfr at a dead time then. When you queue for lfr, it tries its best to put you in a fresh group. If you're doing lfr at peak times, it's not really possible for your situation to happen, and even if it does, it's so much of an outlier you're crazy to consider it as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    From people like me? Did you even TRY to read what I wrote?
    I didn't leave out of spite, I didn't leave because I want to ruin it for a group, I left because I had missed the fact they had already taken down 2 bosses and I didn't want to have to join twice for the same raid and in the end having to leave a different group after the first 2 bosses.

Do you understand that now?

And I've had groups so bad they can't deal with trash, I've had moments where getting the debuff made no sense at all.
    And Blizz just changed the system so you can't see how many bosses are defeated BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU who would just decline the invite if it wasn't a fresh run. So clearly Blizz thinks YOU are the problem. So yes, because of people like you the system is the way it is.

By the way, this statement of yours is really funny...
    and I didn't want to have to join twice for the same raid
    News flash, you joined two raids anyway. You joined the first, then left and then joined another. How is this any different than killing the last boss than queuing again to do the first two? It's still 2 joins and the same queue time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    I think they should just change the queue system to something like:

I wanna run the first wing of ToT LFR.

I just want the 2nd boss. I don't want 1st or 3rd boss. So I just mark that boss. Lets say that a group is found but it's for the 1st boss. If there is someone else in the queue that wants this boss the queue would just skip me and take this person but if there is nobody that wants it then the system would choose me.

What do you guys think?
    This is why LFR is already split up into 4 or 5 raids / tier. Because people don't want to run all 12 or 16 or however many bosses there are in one sitting.

@ SherbertLand
    That's not my point. I'm a nice guy and in situations where I have been forced to run the same LFR more than once (because first time started on last boss), I have stayed until the end to make it faster for the rest of the group, despite not getting any loot or anything for staying. It's just a frustrating system where you know that if you are lucky, you only need to spend 45 minutes in queue for one LFR-part (more than 2 hours for all three of ToT), but in most cases you will have to spend more than that.

Like I said, on some chars you might not need gear and you're only in it for the valor. Then you wont care if you get a run that's halfway done. But if you need and want gear from all bosses, prepare to spend 80% of the night in queue.

Deleted
    yeah i've never seen the deterrence tbh, if it's so bad I need to leave the group I'll just log an alt and play that instead, if I'm leaving because I need to stop playing WoW then I don't care anyway.

It's no deterrence for me.

@ SherbertLand
    That's not my point. I'm a nice guy and in situations where I have been forced to run the same LFR more than once (because first time started on last boss), I have stayed until the end to make it faster for the rest of the group, despite not getting any loot or anything for staying. It's just a frustrating system where you know that if you are lucky, you only need to spend 45 minutes in queue for one LFR-part (more than 2 hours for all three of ToT), but in most cases you will have to spend more than that.

Like I said, on some chars you might not need gear and you're only in it for the valor. Then you wont care if you get a run that's halfway done. But if you need and want gear from all bosses, prepare to spend 80% of the night in queue.
    It may not be the best system for every individual, but it seems to me like it's the best system for the community. It ensures that people can clear their content if they want to.

If you planned to do every boss in lfr, isn't 80% of your night already spent? And nobody is saying you have to do every wing in a night.

They just need to bring back being able to tell if its in progress or not and it makes this simple.

It's not like the people who actually leave care at all about it and the people who need to leave get punished for it.

I just joined a Terrace of Spring group but when I got in I noticed they had already taken down 2 bosses, I want the whole deal and I don't want to abandon a group after 2 bosses, so I left. Now I'm stuck with a 30 minute debuff for it.

In short, I think it's bloody idiotic. Because in other cases it might even punish you for being in a terrible group. No matter how much you try to talk to the group or get the group together to beat an encounter, they will still fail and YOU will get punished for leaving them.

Not sure why this debuff is still in the game, it prevents nothing.
    You explain pretty clearly the reason it exists. You'd choose to abandon the group before they even pulled the next boss in the instance. If there was no deserter debuff, once a group had someone leave, they'd be screwed. The entire que system would be much worse than it is now, and you'd be facing que times probably 3-4 times (if not more) than you do now.

The current system works better for everyone.

Frankly, IMO it needs to be an account wide debuff and I'd push it to 1 hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liax View Post
    They just need to bring back being able to tell if its in progress or not and it makes this simple.
    But it won't. Then you'll have 20 people waiting on 2 tanks/whatever after a couple wipes. They'll wait for stupid amounts of time before finally having to drop and re-q. They then do THE EXACT SAME THING to another group. It's a shitty cycle of no (almost) no one finishing an LFR once a wipe has occurred
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    But it won't. Then you'll have 20 people waiting on 2 tanks/whatever after a couple wipes. They'll wait for stupid amounts of time before finally having to drop and re-q. They then do THE EXACT SAME THING to another group. It's a shitty cycle of no (almost) no one finishing an LFR once a wipe has occurred
    With Determination, that probably wouldn't hold true still.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Wait , let me understand. You dont want to abandon grp after 2 bosses so you abandoned grp after 2 bosses ? Iron logic right there ^^
    No, I left because I didn't want to have to leave a group after the FIRST TWO BOSSES.
    I left a group that had already finished 2 bosses. I think it's worse to leave a group halfway in rather than the last part. In the end, I would've had to leave a group no matter what I chose. I chose what I thought was the lesser of two evils.

It may not be the best system for every individual, but it seems to me like it's the best system for the community. It ensures that people can clear their content if they want to.

If you planned to do every boss in lfr, isn't 80% of your night already spent? And nobody is saying you have to do every wing in a night.
    The annoying part is a combination of the LFR-queue being so insanely long and the fact that it's like russian roulette if you get a fresh or a partly cleared group. Sure, you could say that nobody "has" to do all of them in the same night, personally I do it. It's one raid and it gives the sense of progressing further into the raid, and I guess I'm nostalgic for the days when I raided more hardcore and spent the whole night in one place.

I can tolerate 40 mins of queue if that means it leads to something good. It's frustrating however when you spend 40 minutes waiting, you get in on the last boss, 3 minutes later you are out and have another 40 minutes of waiting in front of you. I honestly feel like I'm being punished for being a nice guy. If my first post came off as me being a douche, it's only because this system is so annoying and has screwed me over almost every week.

No, I left because I didn't want to have to leave a group after the FIRST TWO BOSSES.
    I left a group that had already finished 2 bosses. I think it's worse to leave a group halfway in rather than the last part. In the end, I would've had to leave a group no matter what I chose. I chose what I thought was the lesser of two evils.
    I don't see how leaving during one part is any better than leaving the other. You're still having a blatant disregard for other people's time. For that, you deserve deserter. And why would they remove a deterrent when they have nothing to gain from doing so? You may argue that it doesn't deter you, but you're complaining about it here, so it seems to govern your gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    prevents you from queuing and leaving agian in less than 30 doesn't it
    What does it matter? The fucking LFD will get you a replacement in less than 30 anyway.

The annoying part is a combination of the LFR-queue being so insanely long and the fact that it's like russian roulette if you get a fresh or a partly cleared group. Sure, you could say that nobody "has" to do all of them in the same night, personally I do it. It's one raid and it gives the sense of progressing further into the raid, and I guess I'm nostalgic for the days when I raided more hardcore and spent the whole night in one place.

I can tolerate 40 mins of queue if that means it leads to something good. It's frustrating however when you spend 40 minutes waiting, you get in on the last boss, 3 minutes later you are out and have another 40 minutes of waiting in front of you. I honestly feel like I'm being punished for being a nice guy. If my first post came off as me being a douche, it's only because this system is so annoying and has screwed me over almost every week.
    Blizzard can't fix queues. Nobody can force people to queue up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have alts you can log on to one of them to play a while and won't get the deserter debuff on main if you're kicked

10+ Year Old Account
    With Determination, that probably wouldn't hold true still.
    perhaps, but when I join an LFR that's had half the raid leave my assumption is that the more skilled people left (biased and unfounded yes, but it's how I operate) I don't think I would care if there were 5 stacks or not, I would likely be in for a painful ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    you have a point, but a tank that wants a certain dungeon could just do random and leave until the get's it

Frankly, I think Blizzard is going the wrong way with the valor on the instances. You should get 45 valor the first run (because you also get a chance at loot), and 90 valor for subsequent runs (to encourage people who only need the first one or two bosses to stay and finish).

If necessary, move that all the way up to 150 valor for subsequent runs.