Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a themepark mmo that focus's on raiding. It's not going to change from that. So don't expect it to become a sandbox, don't expect them to revamp the combat, don't expect the game to drastically change in direction. They might alter a few systems and improve the graphical quality of the game but that is about it. Take a break from the game a while and try other stuff. When you return then perhaps you'll be re-energized.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    How many US servers does GW2 have? just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    While you weren't looking GW2 went and became a smashing success.
    Don't mind them, most people saying GW2 failed haven't played it and are just on the bandwagon of ''all new mmos fail because wow'' and don't even give new games a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    How many US servers does GW2 have? just curious.
    24 US servers atm. They've added 3 since launch.

They do a stellar job of managing server populations, they even halted sales at one point to maintain a better experience for the current players.
    If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place.
    ~Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones

With Blizzard's recent trend of releases, I don't see Titan being that great tbh. Just a game everyone will try because it's Blizzard then we'll go back to WoW because that's what's familiar and what we've invested time into.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    and with the announcement of Titan and what new information there is coming from that,
    ...the hell?
    What new information? There is none.

Also, WoW is the most successful MMO in existence. Games like RIFT, GW2, LotRO, and even SWTOR are successful, and they have a fraction of subscribers, or for the F2P ones, people that play and pay for stuff ingame. Heck, LorRO launched an expansion awhile ago and RIFT just launched their own expansion.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2013-04-03 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    ...the hell?
    What new information? There is none.
    just rumors and speculation, from apparently the gaming version of Deep Throat

There's not much else that can be done in MMOs without some kind of new technology or some very creative new mechanics. Although, I wouldn't mind if there were some kind of player housing... not much to be done with the art that's already in the game though =3

Oh there is a lot that can be done but WoW just isn't that type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    With Blizzard's recent trend of releases, I don't see Titan being that great tbh. Just a game everyone will try because it's Blizzard then we'll go back to WoW because that's what's familiar and what we've invested time into.
    Given that any future MMO's from Blizzard are still several years away and that Blizzard has been a very long time since releasing anything totally new that wasn't based on an old IP in one way or another, it's a bit odd to assume this. A fresh IP is likely to matter although impossible to say how much at this point.

WoW: Old.
    Starcraft: Old.
    Diablo: Old.

Even I, someone who generally likes their work, thinks they've already gone a couple of years too long without doing something new. If Blizzard is seeming to be a bit stale, that might be part of it.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

"Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    ... is this all world of warcraft has to it now?
    OP to be quite frank, I feel like this past April Fool's fiasco is exactly what you can expect from Blizzard: Which is essentially the cropping out of the small things, pre-expac events, updated Holidays, quirky (April Fools) holiday stuff, etc.

They're shifting from "A-xyz-B-xyz-C-xyz" (Caps being major content, lowers being the small above mentioned stuff, if anyone can grasp that.) model for this game to what seems to be a strict "A-B-C" sort of design. I'm not going to speculate, at least not here, for risk of derailing, as to why that is, but for some reason or another that seems to be the general feel.

So at least you have something to set a benchmark with to gauge if you feel the game is worth it to you (until Titan it seems) personally, as well as others.
    GYP! Fanboy?

"The main problem with that strategy is that we don't really have any idea what most players want." - GC

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    What WoW needs IMO:

-Player Housing, Just make some excuse that the player's house is somewhere in the nether, or say it's a magical mini-house you can carry in your bag, like a retractable House-In-A-Box, goblin made. Using that item will just teleport you to an instanced house you can arrange..
    Has to be set up from the start to be meaningful. Players complained about the world being a ghost town, creating a reason for nobody to go into the world is detrimental to that. I understand the reservations for how to implement in WoW.

-Guild Housing/Ship/Airship? (also situated in an unspecified place, in an instance.)
    Same as above.

-Improved crafting systems that aren't as grindy and maybe have fast little fun minigames to them.
    Agree

-NEW MODELS FOR F SAKE!
    Probably a big feature for next expansion, sadly. Was hoping to see them during MoP.

-Improved phasing, just go wild with it.
    Double edged sword, has to be done right, but hasn't been used to its full potential at this point.

-Open PvP zone, like a combination of thoose in Outland and Wintergrasp (no ques for it, anyone can enter at anytime, even level 7's.), with fortresses wich could be destroyed, but then repaired by friendly players who gather resources around that zone to reinforce walls and build war machines (so that even players that are not good or are not well equipped to fight can help the war effort) This war zone should feature AA guns that kill any flying mount in the area. Maybe even make that zone a huge Cross-server zone, combining servers wich have big horde/alliance populations and making them fight eachother. (totally stole that from Guild wars!)
    Eh, maybe some would like it. All depends since players need some sort of reward to do PvP (despite claiming its fun for its own sake)

-Remove Wrist armor. Seriously, It's called GAUNTLETS, or long gloves! (cheese!)
    I guess, but doesn't really improve the game, it's sort of a minor complaint for you.

-More Alliance shizz, seriously, im sick of horde development while alliance just sits there and watches (maybe losing a town or two in the process of horde story development)
    Yeah, that'd be nice....not holding my breath.

-Scary, intimidating, active-trough-the-story, main villain. Deathwing, you flying over something, burning it, mate, its not enough. Sargeras, I'm looking up to you! I dont want to happily play trough half the expansion not knowing who the villain is, Mists of Pandaria.
    I want to get sabotaged, attacked, intimidated, in my every step trough the expansion, so when i finally kill the motherFer, i would be satisfied
    You pick up a book and expect to know the villain before the first chapter?
    I'd rather Blizzard play it close to the vest and have an intriguing story where we don't know who the villain is until midway through. MoP would have been better if they hadn't announced pre-launch "Garrosh is last boss, guys!"

You want to get sabotaged and attacked every step through the expansion, but expect countless failures and incompetence to be intimidating? Would work if you DON'T know who's behind the attacks, but you can't have both without just having Dr. Claw "I'll get you next time, Gadget" results.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-04-03 at 11:21 PM.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

expect more people to quit with 5.3 pvp changes, gear equalisation is dumb, i dont cap points for 2 months just so i can go into BG and Arena just so i can get downgraded in ilvl.

Why does everyone have to be equal in the game, where is the fun in that
    i7 980X 4.2GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨............................
    2x OCZ Agility 2 (120g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨...........................
    Patriot 12 gig 2000........................................ ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸............................
    Gigabyte GTX 580...................................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø......................

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    expect more people to quit with 5.3 pvp changes, gear equalisation is dumb, i dont cap points for 2 months just so i can go into BG and Arena just so i can get downgraded in ilvl.

Where's all that bark and bluster that the challenge of PvP is the unpredictability, the fact that the other player's skill instead of a scripted AI is your opponent? Oh, 2 shot the undergeared folks is lolz, that's where pvp is fun. Got it.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

If you're in full PvP gear, the "gear equalization" won't affect you at all. The scaling only affects items above the current Conquest items, which means only higher-level PvE items will get scaled down. And lower level items won't get scaled up, so you can still outgear people--just not people in full Conquest gear (which, if you were in full PvP gear, you wouldn't have been able to do before anyway).

Where's the fun in dinging 90, going in a bg and getting roflstomped by everyone else no matter how good you are at the game.

When did you start playing? Wrath at the latest right? So that's like 3+ years.

It's amazing how many threads swamp the forums day in and day out talking about this or that being wrong with WoW, but what 95% of them boil down to is that those people have been playing the game for a long time, and games get old. Even ones with constant content updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Because any truly good PvP game eliminates as many non-skill factors as possible.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Next time you guys log in, Blizzard should freeze your character, spawn your favourite mount and shoot it in the head. - Mormolyce

Ever since WotLK? It's been more of less the same throughout it's existence. It's always the same formula. What you probably have noticed, as did I, is just how much of a routine everything is. Back in TBC, which was obviously the first expansion, you couldn't really tell what was going to be coming around the corner. But as things have progressed, everyone can tell what a new expansion will bring and then the guessing game is what the theme or gimmicks will be.

MMO's are a stupid and highly flawed genre, when it comes down to it. I don't know what you're expecting to get from people from this thread.
    Last edited by Sarithus; 2013-04-04 at 01:34 AM.
    My Warrior
    Arms Proving Grounds Guide
    When you walk among the Black Forest...you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    Ever since WotLK? It's been more of less the same throughout it's existence. It's always the same formula. What you probably have noticed, as did I, is just how much of a routine everything is. Back in TBC, which was obviously the first expansion, you couldn't really tell what was going to be coming around the corner. But as things have progressed, everyone can tell what a new expansion will bring and then the guessing game is what the theme or gimmicks will be.
    Keep in mind that Vanilla and BC (pre 3.0) had a very different progression model than raids do now. In Vanilla gear was the most important it has ever been in the game. If you didn't have the right gear for the instance, you were useless. Acquiring gear was the hardest it has ever been back then. BC made gearing easier but attunements meant you needed to beat every tier to access the next, from normal mode 5 mans all the way to the end of T5. Every guild wasn't working on the same content like they are now. There were plenty of Kara, Gruul and loot reaver guilds, plenty of TK and SSC guilds. Only a select few were capable of BT and Hyjal because Kael'Thas and Vashj were brutal gatekeepers.

Once WotLK launched the game became what we know now, old raids redundant every content patch and each guild working on the same raid, just perhaps different difficulty versions of it.

If you're expecting MMO revolution from an engine and game that's 9+ years old, your expectations are unrealistic. Where WoW is currently will be where WoW is when it dies. Either play it or don't, but don't expect some massive transformation from its current Theme Park MMO status.