Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    You mean you seriously didn't see this coming?
    I sure as hell didn't. They would've of made much more money or at the very least the same if they kept the franchise going and not disband lucasarts.

i have no idea what they are doing because usually all corporations have a business strategy and i dont see how this is very strategic.

Deleted
    I feel bad for you younger gamers that you probably weren't playing their games around the late 80s/early 90s. Their games back then was so good you could compare it to when Valve released Half Life for instance. Their point and click games are amongst the best games I have ever played.

The two Indiana Jones games + Monkey Island, no game nowadays have managed to come even close to how much I loved playing those games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazio View Post
    I feel bad for you younger gamers that you probably weren't playing their games around the late 80s/early 90s. Their games back then was so good you could compare it to when Valve released Half Life for instance. Their point and click games are amongst the best games I have ever played.

The two Indiana Jones games + Monkey Island, no game nowadays have managed to come even close to how much I loved playing those games.
    This was the reason at first I felt angry over hearing that Lucasarts had been shut down, but after I started trying to think of what they'd done lately... Star Wars Kinect and the Force Unleashed games, I realised there was nothing of value lost at all. I think the only reason Star Wars 1313 looked intriguing is because they'd gotten a hold of one of Ubisoft's game directors and 1313 really did look like a Ubisoft action game. I'd still like to see someone put together a no-name bounty hunter game in the vein that it displayed in the trailers, but if not, meh, life goes on.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I hope Ron Gilbert somehow gets the rights to Monkey Island, I would love to see what the conclusion was that he had in mind, and what "the secret of Monkey Island"™ really is.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    A lot of nostalgia for the early days of Lucas Arts, including some of the later 1990's titles like Indiana Jones: Infernal Machine, Rogue Squadron and the Dark Forces series were good experiences. I kind of lost track of what they were doing (or not doing) throughout the 2000s though.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    God I hope Ron Gilbert somehow gets the rights to Monkey Island, I would love to see what the conclusion was that he had in mind, and what "the secret of Monkey Island"™ really is.
    Me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    I sure as hell didn't. They would've of made much more money or at the very least the same if they kept the franchise going and not disband lucasarts.

i have no idea what they are doing because usually all corporations have a business strategy and i dont see how this is very strategic.
    Seems pretty clear to me. They don't want to pay for development so, instead, they'll let others pay them to use the Star Wars brand. Yes they won't have as much creative influence that way but its a lot cheaper for Disney.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Well, Lucasarts' good titles for several years have been published by them, but developed by somebody else. As a development house, they have been average at best for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Whatever you think of LucasArts and the games they have produced and not produced, that's not the real issue here, at all. The real issue is the fact that Lucasfilm is now Disney. The only purpose of Disney is to make money. Sure, when they dish out their producing budget to actually talented people, those talented people can sometimes manage to create something great, but...

...when we're talking about the fact that all Star Wars games have now been cancelled, the licenses are out on the market for any crap studio to buy them as long as they've got the money, and Lucas himself has flipflopped for the nth time as far as whether new SW movies will be made or not, and washed his hands of his "baby" completely, there's no way Star Wars VII will be anything other than even worse crap than I-III. You thought Jar Jar was bad? Wait until you see the Disney-animated shit characters Episode VII will have.

Also, it's more than clear that they shut down production of the Clone Wars because of this crap as well. Sure, you can't fit an endless amount of story between the movies II and III, but the way they ended it was shameful. Maul, Ahsoka, Ventress, all great characters, simply "disappear", no tie-in to Episode III and the later movies. Why would Ahsoka not resurface when Anakin turns into Vader? Makes no sense. Was Maul just discarded by the Emperor or what the hell? The series is T-canon, which comes straight after G-canon, Lucas' movies. It's more canon than anything else in the EU, and whether it's G-canon, T-canon or not, they clearly kept it in line with the movies throughout the series, so they should've ended those story arcs a little bit better.

But no. Lucas and Disney ruined that too. It's not like they can bring back any of those characters in VII, either.
    Sigh. Oh well.
    True Star Wars Fans put the books at G-Canon, despite what Lucas has said, because of the sheer number of them, and the continuity in them. Which brings me to this point. If Disney just CRAPS on the EU and completely disregards it(even after 30 odd years of books) I'm writing angry letters to them until I get a response.

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    True Star Wars Fans put the books at G-Canon, despite what Lucas has said, because of the sheer number of them, and the continuity in them. Which brings me to this point. If Disney just CRAPS on the EU and completely disregards it(even after 30 odd years of books) I'm writing angry letters to them until I get a response.
    This, Disney is going to shit allover the storyline allready in place, They would ahve been better off picking legacy area and making the movies cover that. The Current movies quality are only increased by the storyline in the books. Almost every question you could have eve had about ep 1 2 and 3 were take care of in the darth plageus book. EVERYTHING.

Shit like the clonewars cartoon was just awfull, maul showing up alive again? your fucking kidding right? the force unleashed was just retarded, didnt add shit to the storyline.

Deleted
    LucasArts didn't develop much themselves over the last few years, job losses aside this is unlikely to affect anything as most Star Wars stuff was developed externally.

Deleted
    I think it's a sad day for old Star Wars fans!

Sad story about 1313, i was looking forward to a more mature and dark starwars game.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Not really no. LucasArts had nothing to do with the films other than use them for games.
    Oh thank goodness. I'm not a Star Wars fan but I still enjoyed all of the movies for how old I was when watching them. I don't really care much for the games. Never really played any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    damn, that mouse would in fact be a tyrant?
    Have you NOT seen the two episodes of South Park with Mickey Mouse in it?

That's basically what he's like in private.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I don't really care much for the games. Never really played any of them.
    You would have had you played Lucas Arts games from the 90s to early 00s.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -