Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Rationalize this damage for me please.

I'm aware im not completely geared, missing out on about 5-8% resil. But this is just absurd.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oramonk/simple

Uploaded it to Imgur for you (click for full-size image) ~Snuggli
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-04-03 at 07:19 PM.

I mean that slam he hit you for was brutal but have u faced a destro lock yet.....side note i would socket some +320 res gems where u can get socket bonuses IMO

You mean those two slams D: and yeah since i haven't really been pushing anything in arena i can get away with just pvp power.

Surprised he had the rage for 2 slams considering since ur monk god dam disarm from hell....

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTheShark View Post
    I mean that slam he hit you for was brutal but have u faced a destro lock yet...
    I play a Destro warlock in PvP, and this difference between this is pretty staggering. I hit another player with a 60-80k Chaosbolt in Arena if they are Malev+ geared, but it's a long cast that requires me to stay in LoS for 3 seconds, not get stunned or interrupted. Completely different than 2 slams in ~5 seconds...

Not only you are missing 6-8% of resilience... But you are also missing 40-50k hp... and this all makes one huge difference... the higher you get the more marginal difference becomes, yet better gear always gives you an advantage, yet skill will always trump it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Amoner View Post
    Not only you are missing 6-8% of resilience... But you are also missing 40-50k hp... and this all makes one huge difference... the higher you get the more marginal difference becomes, yet better gear always gives you an advantage, yet skill will always trump it all.

Yeah skill trumps getting globaled in the time frame of a shockwave --> trinket ---> heroic leap---Charge

To put it in perspective you can see the amount of ticks deep wounds did from the application of it via the 85k mortal strike.

60% resi and stacking PVP power gems not res. You're gemmed offensively when the vast majority go defensive(No idea if monks are an exception). My priest at 60% resi had the same issue if a warrior or most melee trained, it it meant I would die while putting out very low pressure. I hit 65% resi and it made a hell of a big difference.

I could save my trinket for later and play more offensive from it. I am by no means some great PVPer but I like to think I have more than a basic understanding of most things (Monks not being one).

I really don't see a need to justify the damage. Was this a duel, BG arena? Did he have any big buffs? flask, berserker? What sort of gear was he in? Warriors are not the OP class they were in 5.1-2. They are in a good place now. DK's and rogues surpass warriors currently imo.

The warrior in question I presume

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...in/Isop/simple
    Last edited by warpath2k; 2013-04-03 at 10:05 PM.

I am guessing he had Skull Banner out somewhere or he was really lucky with his crits.

I am going to go ahead and say he either popped some kind of CD, had the T2 weapon upgraded and all the small things.

You would have to give his name and we would have to look up his armoury to give any kinda of conclusion. There are just too many factors. This only shows what you took. Nothing what he has done of his side. If he had any flasks, etc from a previous BG.

Everyone has been talking about Ring of Peace on these forums and how OP it is. Why didn't you go ahead and use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    I am guessing he had Skull Banner out somewhere or he was really lucky with his crits.

I am going to go ahead and say he either popped some kind of CD, had the T2 weapon upgraded and all the small things.

You would have to give his name and we would have to look up his armoury to give any kinda of conclusion. There are just too many factors. This only shows what you took. Nothing what he has done of his side. If he had any flasks, etc from a previous BG.

Everyone has been talking about Ring of Peace on these forums and how OP it is. Why didn't you go ahead and use it?
    He didn't have t2 he has tyrannical and yes he did in fact use his cds. The picture shows his name if you wanna look up his armory. He had no secondary buffs ( food flaks ect..). Leg sweep is the superior choice in duels. A monks survivability comes from control and mobility. An aoe disarm merely stops offensive actions where as a stun will stop everything. RoP really only shines in arena/bgs and this was a duel.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    60% resi and stacking PVP power gems not res. You're gemmed offensively when the vast majority go defensive(No idea if monks are an exception). My priest at 60% resi had the same issue if a warrior or most melee trained, it it meant I would die while putting out very low pressure. I hit 65% resi and it made a hell of a big difference.

I could save my trinket for later and play more offensive from it. I am by no means some great PVPer but I like to think I have more than a basic understanding of most things (Monks not being one).

I really don't see a need to justify the damage. Was this a duel, BG arena? Did he have any big buffs? flask, berserker? What sort of gear was he in? Warriors are not the OP class they were in 5.1-2. They are in a good place now. DK's and rogues surpass warriors currently imo.

The warrior in question I presume

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...in/Isop/simple
    I apologize when i originaly posted i was still just in awe. I should have given more information.

It was a duel he had no buffs. I'm gemmed all pvp gear because i havn't been getting into arena these past two season so i've felt like i could get away with it. A second reason i can get away with pvp power is how the monk class is set up. Survivability comes from mobility and control so i'm not supposed to let him have alot of uptime on me (this actually happened in the course of about 5 seconds). To give an example because i've met quite a few people who don't quite understand this concept;

A warrior for example, i would only directly engage if i had some means to negate (or minimize as much as possible) his damage output i.e. a stun, disarm. Otherwise i'm more or less just dwindling down the targets health from a distance or straight up kiting.

More or less my reasoning behind the pvp power gemming.
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-04-03 at 10:52 PM.

I think you should justify 50k healing spheres instead

Well as your argument for PVP power makes sense and is valid in terms of BG PVP with lots of targets, people to peel and general madness. In terms of 1V1 eg this duel I think you saw it is usually quite worthless agaisnt better geared/experienced players.

From the combat log I did not see you pop your trinket so I assume he forced that earlier, charged you, popped all CD's and went mad. Well sorry but thats kind of warrior 101 in terms of 1v1 healers.

If it was arena or even BG you could argue LOS him, stun/disarm the CD's/get someone to peel etc etc.

You will get plenty of people saying wow isn't based around 1v1 or 2v2 etc so I won't jump on that wagon. That damage while high could of all been mitigated with a team mate CC or disarm (I know easier said than done). Its basically wow these days, caught in a stun with no out and enemy CD's up, chance of death high no matter which class really.

A Spriest could of silenced you 3 orb DP, insta MB-insanity and you'd be in trouble.
    A mage deep freeze, orb etc.

Plenty of classes can kill in a small window 1v1 with no means of LOS/escape.
    Last edited by warpath2k; 2013-04-03 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I think you should justify 50k healing spheres instead
    Considering the closest i got on that specific picture was 42k ill assume thats what you mean. That was after the duel when the healing fatigue (30% less healing), and mortal strike debuff(25%? less healing) wore off.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 04:06 PM ----------

Well as your argument for PVP power makes sense and is valid in terms of BG PVP with lots of targets, people to peel and general madness. In terms of 1V1 eg this duel I think you saw it is usually quite worthless agaisnt better geared/experienced players.

From the combat log I did not see you pop your trinket so I assume he forced that earlier, charged you, popped all CD's and went mad. Well sorry but thats kind of warrior 101 in terms of 1v1 healers.

If it was arena or even BG you could argue LOS him, stun/disarm the CD's/get someone to peel etc etc.

You will get plenty of people saying wow isn't based around 1v1 or 2v2 etc so I won't jump on that wagon. That damage while high could of all been mitigated with a team mate CC or disarm (I know easier said than done). Its basically wow these days, caught in a stun with no out and enemy CD's up, chance of death high.
    I did duel this person right after with the same setup and managed to win anticipating the burst. But thats not really the point. Was more or less just dumbfounded at the actual amount of damage he did that a 5 second time frame.

I don't know what my racial did not show up, i used it immediately after that shockwave. I can recall what happened from my standpoint. And keep in mind that if his burst was this high you could imagine that his sustained was also pretty high. Which easily forced me to go more defensive than i'm used to.

He shockwaved, i trinketed as fast i could and rolled away to try to get my fortifying brew off he managed to charge befor i could hit it and finished me.

I'm aware that pvp is not balanced around 1v1 and i'm not screaming for nurfs based on a duel. I'm just trying to understand how this warriors damage was so high compared to the tons of warriors i have dueled befor.
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-04-03 at 11:08 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

You will get plenty of people saying wow isn't based around 1v1 or 2v2 etc so I won't jump on that wagon. That damage while high could of all been mitigated with a team mate CC or disarm (I know easier said than done). Its basically wow these days, caught in a stun with no out and enemy CD's up, chance of death high no matter which class really.

A Spriest could of silenced you 3 orb DP, insta MB-insanity and you'd be in trouble.
    A mage deep freeze, orb etc.

Plenty of classes can kill in a small window 1v1 with no means of LOS/escape.
    OP isn't a healer.

Most of that damage seems pretty reasonable actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Most of that damage seems pretty reasonable actually.
    A bit of elaboration would be appreciated.

mod edit: fixed quote
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-04 at 05:27 AM.

Im glad warriors doing DECENT dmg, a frost dk could easily one shot you (or i guess every class in the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    A bit of elaboration would be appreciated.
    Warriors hit hard. If there's one thing that everyone from 1200 rating upwards has learned this expansion, it's that when a warrior turns big and red he will kill you in three globals unless you completely stop it. The guy you dueled gems with a priority into pvp power and is human so in all likelihood had both trinkets active in addition to reck, banner, and avatar. The thing to do here would probably have been to trinket into a touch of karma.

Also that seemingly small amount of resilience you're missing could reduce your damage taken by about 15%, which is pretty significant. I recognize that some of that's because your gear is a little behind, but gemming some resil would go a long way to surviving this sort of thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Warriors hit hard. If there's one thing that everyone from 1200 rating upwards has learned this expansion, it's that when a warrior turns big and red he will kill you in three globals unless you completely stop it. The guy you dueled gems with a priority into pvp power and is human so in all likelihood had both trinkets active in addition to reck, banner, and avatar. The thing to do here would probably have been to trinket into a touch of karma.

Also that seemingly small amount of resilience you're missing could reduce your damage taken by about 15%, which is pretty significant. I recognize that some of that's because your gear is a little behind, but gemming some resil would go a long way to surviving this sort of thing too.
    I've always had to be cautious of warrior damage but never have i died that fast befor thats what really caught me by surprise. The only real difference is the Tyrannical weapon and if its that HUGE of an upgrade i can't imagine whats going to happen when everyone gets it.

How did I know this thread would be complaining about warrior damage? Why is it so difficult for people to accept that the class that is designed to hit hard...

Actually hits hard?

Are you all this surprised when fire turns out to be hot after all, and water is indeed wet?