Poll: gladiators trinket still needed?

Deleted

With the amount of cc in the game...

...is there still any point in using a Gladiator's Medallion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    To be honest not really
    I myself went back to pvp after having break since MoP launch, and im shocked how bad situation is atm. It seems blizzard lost any controll of balance in pvp and 1-2 hour long CC chains are supposed to be working as intendeed. If you play human your racial is still worth putting on keybind. If not well its your choice but why bother ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have asked myself this question quite a few times since MoP. It comes down to the player really, is it worth breaking CC at a cost of some pvp power? I like to think so, even with the redundant amount sometimes you need to break that cc to get that kill.

Yes. There really is.

Trinketing a deep freeze, or shockwave, or kidney, or spriest silence is the difference between life or death in Arenas. In RBGs, being able to trinket a CC could be the difference between losing a base or not.

If you're talking about random BGs, then no. People have been going without pvp trinkets in random BGs since ever.

Deleted
    ive stopped using mine in random BGs, usually as soon as i trinket im straight into another CC, so ive stopped using it there. it still useful in Arenas though, i use it there.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a serious question? Are you asking if we should have to buy a trinket (i.e it should be baseline) or are you asking if it's worth using at all?

With all the CC floating around it's more useful now than its ever been...
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I've thought about it pretty often and for the most part you do have a point. I run without a Medallion on my Death Knight and I imagine that a lot of classes could as well. I do think some classes still need the Medallion, though, and it's more of a personal choice than a requirement.

The amount of CC in MoP is awfull! So many stuns, silences, fear, snare, disarm, sheep (and hex), makes MoP the worst expansion when it comes to PvP. It comes to a point that, when I'm focused by 2 or 3 players, I can't do anything but wait till I'm dead. It's very frustating.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 02:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Is this a serious question? Are you asking if we should have to buy a trinket (i.e it should be baseline) or are you asking if it's worth using at all?

With all the CC floating around it's more useful now than its ever been...
    He's asking this because when you use your trinket, a few moments later you are CCed again. What is the point of using the trinket if you are going to be CCed again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    The amount of CC in MoP is awfull! So many stuns, silences, fear, snare, disarm, sheep (and hex), makes MoP the worst expansion when it comes to PvP. It comes to a point that, when I'm focused by 2 or 3 players, I can't do anything but wait till I'm dead. It's very frustating.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 02:38 AM ----------

He's asking this because when you use your trinket, a few moments later you are CCed again. What is the point of using the trinket if you are going to be CCed again?
    Well the majority of the climb to get better is interrupting those CC, being well positioned to force the opponent to use wasted time attempting CC & then failing, offensively/counter CCing, and dealing so much offensive pressure through means of direct damage (dispels, interrupts for pressure) that the opponent is forced into a defensive state where they can't afford to use CC.

I haven't played the game for over a year, so no MoP experience, but I was a 3-time gladiator in the 2800's when I played, so hopefully my input still applies :|
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2013-04-04 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Well the majority of the climb to get better is interrupting those CC, being well positioned to force the opponent to use wasted time attempting CC & then failing, offensively/counter CCing, and dealing so much offensive pressure through means of direct damage (dispels, interrupts for pressure) that the opponent is forced into a defensive state where they can't afford to use CC.

I haven't played the game for over a year, so no MoP experience, but I was a 3-time gladiator in the 2800's when I played, so hopefully my input still applies :|
    You could still say thats its the same now, but instead of the cat and mouse game its more like use "x" CC which is instant and uncounterable to set up the casted "Y" CC which shares no DR. Theres no foreplay anymore its just Bend over and take it
    Last edited by Coraulten; 2013-04-04 at 04:54 AM.

You're talking about random BGs aren't you?

In Arena, duh, having that trinket up or not is what the entire match hinges on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trinkets should be baseline for all players, general ability - humans and undead should get new racials.

@OP - yes, trinket is mandatory, unless your like an undead dk or ww or lock or something - then I could see an argument for dropping it.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I never use it in BG's. Yesterday I didnt even equip it going into arena, played 10 games won 8 lost 2.
    There is just too much cc the escape has gotten pretty much useless. The 1300 pvp power on the Surge trinket is nice to have too.

10+ Year Old Account
    People should learn to not trinket the first cc that is thrown at them. Think ahead and use your trinket in the most crucial moment. If used right its far more useful than anything another trinket can offer.

or roll human :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did not vote, should have been an option for: indifferent etc.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Deleted
    What is the point of using the trinket if you are going to be CCed again?
    if you need to ask that question you clearly havent done enough pvp..
    Yesterday I didnt even equip it going into arena, played 10 games won 8 lost 2.
    i bet you play 2v2 with a healer for them epic half an hour draws.

Some classes might still work without trinket but personally as a rogue, as soon as my trinket is down im dead meat.
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2013-04-04 at 11:13 AM.

I use it, but I save it for deep freeze or kidney shot. So basically I only use it because of mages and rogues...

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    if you need to ask that question you clearly havent done enough pvp..
    i bet you play 2v2 with a healer for them epic half an hour draws.

Some classes might still work without trinket but personally as a rogue, as soon as my trinket is down im dead meat.
    Nope double dps 2s with an Unholy dk.