Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    I didn't, actually. I built her with typical Ap+defensive stats items and I still felt extremely squishy because she needs to stay in melee range while having rm subtain or anything. When i tried ied building actual tank items like Frozen Heart art, etc I basically doing no damage, and her utility wasn't enough to justify it.
    You don't want to build a frozen heart on her, that's overkill, but an Gauntlet works well even if the sheen proc is AD. Some items: Rylai's, Abyssal, (Morello or Athens), Liandry's, Death cap, Zhonya (essential I think). Pretty much you forgo a void staff. No tears, RoA, WoA. Lichbane. Haven't played with Deathsfire but with her range it has potential.

She is pretty hefty with that it pool of items.

Deleted
    I didn't, actually. I built her with typical Ap+defensive stats items and I still felt extremely squishy because she needs to stay in melee range while having no form of sustain or anything. When i tried building actual tank items like Frozen Heart, etc I was basically doing no damage, and her utility wasn't enough to justify it.
    Why does she need to stay in melee? She has one ability that requires her to be up close for it to take effect, other than that her kit is very much ranged. And even if you want to initiate by jumping into the middle of enemy team and popping WR, her ultimate along with Zhonya will grant you enough invulnerability to go for a smoke while the rest of your team moves in on the initiation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Why does she need to stay in melee? She has one ability that requires her to be up close for it to take effect, other than that her kit is very much ranged. And even if you want to initiate by jumping into the middle of enemy team and popping WR, her ultimate along with Zhonya will grant you enough invulnerability to go for a smoke while the rest of your team moves in on the initiation.
    Because both of her W and R are melee abilities? Since you use E to get in range, you're gonna stay there since E has a pretty hefty cooldown at start. Only her Q is an actual ranged ability since you don't use E to do damage. Her whole kit screams "run in enemy team with E, press W > R > zhonya and hope everyone is dead or you get focused and die a sad death". As I said, it's okay. It's a way to keep her in check. If she was tanky after all that she'd be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You don't want to build a frozen heart on her, that's overkill, but an Gauntlet works well even if the sheen proc is AD. Some items: Rylai's, Abyssal, (Morello or Athens), Liandry's, Death cap, Zhonya (essential I think). Pretty much you forgo a void staff. No tears, RoA, WoA. Lichbane. Haven't played with Deathsfire but with her range it has potential.

She is pretty hefty with that it pool of items.
    Those are the items I went with: Athene > Zhonya > Cap > liandry and rylais. I was still pretty damn squishy. Abyssal sounds like a good idea instead of Athene, but I liked the CDR.

Deleted
    Because both of her W and R are melee abilities? Since you use E to get in range, you're gonna stay there since E has a pretty hefty cooldown at start. Only her Q is an actual ranged ability since you don't use E to do damage. Her whole kit screams "run in enemy team with E, press W > R > zhonya and hope everyone is dead or you get focused and die a sad death". As I said, it's okay. It's a way to keep her in check. If she was tanky after all that she'd be broken.
    Just because her W is melee does not mean you must run in to use it. It can peel your AD or yourself, for example. Her Q is a very spammable AoE nuke with relatively long range, her E can be used to position - not only to blast her face against 5 enemies. Her R can, but does not have to be used in melee - remember it's also a ranged on-target stun. And even if you do initiate with EWRZhonya your team is supposedly following on your advantageous initiation - by the time Zhonya runs out you should be able to safely flash out, assuming enemies were not forced back.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-04-04 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Just because her W is melee does not mean you must run in to use it. It can peel your AD or yourself, for example. Her Q is a very spammable AoE nuke with relatively long range, her E can be used to position - not only to blast her face against 5 enemies. Her R can, but does not have to be used in melee - remember it's also a ranged on-target stun. And even if you do initiate with EWRZhonya your team is supposedly following on your advantageous initiation - by the time Zhonya runs out you should be able to safely flash out, assuming enemies were not forced back.
    If you don't do the EWRZhonya combo you're missing out on all of her burst and AoE capabilities, but yes in my example I did count the team following her up or it'd be meaningless. I don't think it's a good idea to keep her in the backline because she doesn't do much there at all. Her R also has a pretty low-ish range (I think it's around 600 or so? even shorter than the Q) and you're better off using it on yourself most of the time in the kind of initiations I'm talking about. It's a good stun to catch an enemy carry in a bad position or stop the rampage of some fed champ, but it leaves her a lot more vulnerable than she already is when it's on CD.

Deleted
    If you don't do the EWRZhonya combo you're missing out on all of her burst and AoE capabilities, but yes in my example I did count the team following her up or it'd be meaningless. I don't think it's a good idea to keep her in the backline because she doesn't do much there at all. Her R also has a pretty low-ish range (I think it's around 600 or so? even shorter than the Q) and you're better off using it on yourself most of the time in the kind of initiations I'm talking about. It's a good stun to catch an enemy carry in a bad position or stop the rampage of some fed champ, but it leaves her a lot more vulnerable than she already is when it's on CD.
    Initiating with that combo sure is awesome and it'd be using her full potential - but it's not likely enemies would stay around you for 3 seconds while the rest of your team follows in and the ultimate's damage ticks. If the initiation was done well they are most likely to fall back to some degree - after that for the remainder of the fight wouldn't it be better to stay back than keep melee range? She does not need to stay in melee after the initiation - and it should not be hard to disengage into the back line unless the initiation failed for some reason and your team is getting rolled over.

Deleted
    Well, of course. If you are done with the initiation and it went good you should've won the teamfight. What I'm trying to say is that she is extremely vulnerable after the combo and a smart enemy will capitalize on that. This is okay though, because it's what keeps her in check from being downright overpowered.

As I said, I really believe she's gonna be a beast in a "Press R to win" comp with champs like: J4, amumu, MF and Sona/Nami/Zyra. The enemy won't even have time to react after everyone uses their Ultimates. At the same, she's probably going to be really weak in a "Support the carry" position... she's entirely outclassed there by Zyra/Lux/Orianna because they at least have range.

I want to ask whether or not the ice emanating from the ultimate's target will deal full dmg to every enemy in the area. Is it MPAM dmg to the target and 1.5sec stun AND the same dmg to everyone around? What damage does she do to the champs in the ice emanating from her ulti?