Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If you can't see he was in the center prior to the colission and even drifting left just before impact, then I guess we're done here.
    The trucks tires are directly in the center of the lane the entire time the guy is talking. Which is a violation of the law, by the way. All lane changes are supposed to be smooth and efficient, and driving with your vehicle over the dividing line between lanes is considered restricting the flow of traffic.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The trucks tires are directly in the center of the lane the entire time the guy is talking. Which is a violation of the law, by the way. All lane changes are supposed to be smooth and efficient, and driving with your vehicle over the dividing line between lanes is considered restricting the flow of traffic.
    As I've said 4 times now. They're both stupid. Not sure why people think I'm actually defending one over the other.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    No, you're ignorant of cycling. In a context where the rightmost lane is being used for parking, weaving in and out is vastly more dangerous for everyone involved. Even if you were right (and you're not even in the ballpark of right), it's not at all a valid excuse to assault someone. Your false equivalence is bullshit.

---------- Post added 2013-04-03 at 07:30 PM ----------

Advocating shattering people's bones because you don't like their behavior says a lot about you! Congrats on being an awful person!
    Depending on where this took place, i dont care to check, it could only be considered vehicular assault which is a class B felony. Usually resulting in a 1-3 month sentence with no priors... considering he used to be a cop they may have been lenient on him due to the work he has perceived to do for the community, it wouldnt be hard for a lawyer to talk this down to community service.

I don't see the big deal.

Deals are made all the time in the judicial system. If the cyclist is that bothered about it he can take civil action against the driver. However he instead collected a paycheck from the guy's insurance company.

Case closed.

If you can't see he was in the center prior to the colission and even drifting left just before impact, then I guess we're done here.
    I was wondering why he was biking down the middle of the road for pretty much the entire video. But then, I don't live in a place where cars are usually parked in a lane.

The driver definitely encroached on his lane, but I'm not seeing the "assault with a deadly weapon" from that video. Not saying it was entirely the biker's fault...but he could have steered away.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I see is that some dude can't ride a bike. Both pricks imo.
    I like sandwiches

If you can't see he was in the center prior to the colission and even drifting left just before impact, then I guess we're done here. fuckin cyclists take liberties like this all the time and cry foul when something happens to them. It's pretty ridiculous. Use the bike lanes when available, follow the rules of the road (not just when convenient), don't make my commute more difficult because you think you're special.
    Yeah, going around someone in the left lane without feeling the need to verbally and physically assault them must be pretty strenuous. I feel your pain.

The anti-bike community never fails to disappoint when it comes to irrational rants.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no excuse for that driver's behavior. Only a sadistic asshole would do something like that. I honestly can't understand how anyone supports that. The cyclist was doing nothing wrong. Even if he was, hitting him with a vehicle is unwarranted to say the least.

I'm not anti-cop either. I know a lot of cops and have some in my family.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, going around someone in the left lane without feeling the need to verbally and physically assault them must be pretty strenuous. I feel your pain.

The anti-bike community never fails to disappoint when it comes to irrational rants.
    Much like the anti-cop community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Much like the anti-cop community.
    At the dawn of creation of cops. The Devil instilled evil in the Police Forces across the universe.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

the cunt on the cycle got what he deserved, look at how much room he had on the right(a whole lane and he could of gone past teh parked cars without leaving it), he could of stayed out of the two traffic lanes easily but as per usual the dicks think they own the road and are free to impede traffic when they do not have too. Dickheads on bikes think they are above the law.

The guy on the bike made himself crash, look at how far right he was and every time he turned his thick head to face the truck he drifted further left whilst the truck didn't move right

There's no need for that kind of language.
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2013-04-04 at 08:44 AM.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    the cunt on the cycle got what he deserved, look at how much room he had on the right(a whole lane and he could of gone past teh parked cars without leaving it), he could of stayed out of the two traffic lanes easily but as per usual the dicks think they own the road and are free to impede traffic when they do not have too. Dickheads on bikes think they are above the law.

The guy on the bike made himself crash, look at how far right he was and every time he turned his thick head to face the truck he drifted further left whilst the truck didn't move right
    I'd think this was a parody if it wasn't so common. It's amazing how many people think trying to cause serious harm to someone else over nothing is perfectly acceptable.

Clearly, the guy riding in a lane and expecting someone to not verbally and physically assault you is thinking that he owns the road.

Bikes are considered vehicles by law. They have the right to use all trafficways. Smart bicyclists attempt to avoid busy areas and accommodate larger vehicles, but that doesn't change that they are vehicles and have right of way, just like any other.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post

Look how much room the truck driver had on his left. He had a whole lane too! The driver could have just easily went around him instead of trying to force him to the right.

Again, this is Vehicular Assault at best and the sentencing fits... not sure what we are discussing here. Yes they have the same rights, including the right to be subjected to the same douchebags i am, he could have braked to prevent hitting the truck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care much for laws, so I would say objectively that they were both in the wrong. The cyclist was provoking a situation by breaking social code (and probably the law too? he was clearly in the second lane from the right). The driver bumped into him, and didn't seem to hurt the cyclist - forcefully enforcing social code. Yes, it was unnecessary, because the driver had more room. But the cyclist had more room as well, and cars take priority over bikes for mechanical reasons. I don't see a problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Don't care much for laws, so I would say objectively that they were both in the wrong. The cyclist was provoking a situation by breaking social code (and probably the law too? he was clearly in the second lane from the right). The driver bumped into him, and didn't seem to hurt the cyclist - forcefully enforcing social code. Yes, it was unnecessary, because the driver had more room. But the cyclist had more room as well, and cars take priority over bikes for mechanical reasons. I don't see a problem with this.
    Actually, in the majority of situations, the operator of the more dangerous vehicle is held at fault, unless the other party is in clear violation of the law.

Also of note, there was a lane to his right, but it was being used heavily for parking. Either it was a parking lane, which means travelling in it is illegal, or it's a traffic lane that is being illegally used as parking. Either way, for much of his journey, he had nowhere to go on his right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    At the dawn of creation of cops. The Devil instilled evil in the Police Forces across the universe.
    I think the dawn of creation of cops was like 1700 at the earliest. They didn't catch on in Britain until much later. Police are actually quite a recent invention!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The people attacking the cyclist in this thread are delusional.....

Go to 1:08 and notice that the cyclist is currently in the furthest most lane to the right, before the truck comes along. The truck comes along and shouts attention to the cyclist. Before he has time to react he asks "Whats that?" to the officer, who then jerks the truck into his lane and causes an accident. How is this not 100% the trucks fault? Chances are, if the truck never existed, immediately after the 1:08 marks parked cars, the cyclist would have moved to the right lane. To those people saying "Oh there was plenty of room in the right lane with the parked cars!"... you must have never ridden a bike in your life, let alone ridden a bike and have your handle bars snag something and cause an accident (in this case... car mirrors!) Lets not even mention the monetary costs of an accident scratching up someones car so that you could be in the "right lane" for 30 feet.

You all should feel ashamed for yourself,.. all I'm sayin... especially TradewindNQ, or "He wuz in the center lane the whole tiem!"

I do wonder what it is about bikes that they torture people's psyches to the point where they see a vehicle deliberately slam into one and think, "well, he kind of had it coming".