Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You're not entitled to drops. I don't get this mentality lately. When I was still a 25 man raider I could go weeks without seeing an upgrade depending on drops and who needed it more/won the roll. Weeks. I remember in T11 how long it took to get my 2H mace from Magmaw.

    The drops are fine. It takes a while to gear up through raiding; it always has. What incentive would you have to continuing to run LFR, getting your VP/gold if you got everything you needed the first day?
    You can´t compare LFR to your own raid.
    a) When I don´t get loot in my own raid, someone else in this raid will get it. No matter who get´s the item - the raid will be stronger next id. It´s ok.
    b) When I don´t get loot in LFR I really don´t care if someone else gets something. It´s either wasted to a faceroller or never seen again.

    But then... in the end it´s only pixels anyways. :-)

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    snip
    Good post. I think there are more people then just you in the same boat. Blizzard (as I understood it) changed this because people who were new, always jumped right into the last piece of current content. They skip the story and content for that expansion. It sucks for those players to be right at the end when you buy the game. I mean let's say you buy an offline 1 player game. The game is now out for about 8 months and a follow up title of that game is coming out in 3 months.... you would be put automatically around stage 3 of 4 in that 1 player game, not able to go back. As in WoW you are ofcourse able to do the content that came before the current one "theoretically". But no one would likely help you "experience" that content. Nor would you need gear from there either.

    Since WoW doesn't have a very large loyal player base (people are not constantly subbed or stay with the game for every long appearantly), a lot of new players play the game constantly. They don't have much content then if they get to jump to the last section do they? Now they do.

    And as a guy who has (few) alts, I like the fact that I need to redo the progress. There are always groups for every bit of content. There is always something to do. Imagine if people didn't need gear from LFR of non-current tier stuff.... who would do those then? Well apart from a few guys who want to cap their valor, not many would. And valor capping can be done quicker by grinding rares/elites on Isle of Thunder.

    So while it sucks to be you in this case, it is for the greater good - and I fully support Blizzards decision. It might take you a few weeks (cause that is all it takes) but then yes you would be "current" again.

  3. #43
    Dreadlord Nexsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    810
    Drop rate is fine. I already got 3 tank items and 2 dps from the new lfr raids. I didn't even have any bonus rolls. Luck is luck.

  4. #44
    Well, it is maybe a little more discouraging to go lootless for 2-3 weeks in LFR than it is in an organized raid. Sure, LFR is easier, but you have no insight into what's going on with the loot. In normal/heroic mode, LOOT ALWAYS DROPS. It's just that it may not be your loot.

    That's not to say that I would go back to the old LFR system, which spawned all kinds of bad behavior.

    I personally am fine with the rate of gearing in LFR. It could be a little faster. It could be a little less prone to dry spells. But as it stands now it's basically fine anyway.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    OP isn't even being very unlucky. Just slightly below normal.
    It's fine. Can we stop having these threads about you wanting a bag of epics for doing nothing?


    Clearly a lot have problems with not getting much gear every week, considered OPs post. It has only been up a few weeks and he got two pieces of gear already, which is more than i've had in raid.

    And i think you're confusing shado-pan offensive with some other faction, because it's not slow. You get more gear locked up than you can spend valor on.
    I had 3000 valor when 5.2 hit, and there's still plenty of gear to buy from there.

    About not being able to enter after ages, on alt.
    Farm instances to you brain bleeds together with a tank, and convert the justice, to honor and buy the 476 honor-gear which is as good as normal 476 gear+they have the free pvp-stats on them.
    And cap your conquest for the higher ilvl gear.
    Buy crafted mats, or make them on your own.

    It's overall fine. I'm tired of clueless people entering higher raids with their alt, when they haven't even learned to perform their role.
    Them having to run it for many weeks, is the only way you get to see them even perform remotely well on mechanics, so i don't want to see any of them get loot fast.

    As you say. People are unpleasant in lfr. Mostly because they're only there to get their free epics, and every fuckup delays what they think rightfully is theirs.
    It's not like they deserve to get gear from running lfr without caring about any else. It's just the reason people go there, so it's the carrot they're all hunting, and once in a while get to nip at.
    No one is asking to earn gear for nothing they are simply asking for a reward for putting time into playing the game. It is not reasonable to play for 20+ hours and not receive even one piece of gear.

    I am not confusing the Shado Pan Assault with anyone. At neutral you can buy one piece of gear, then at friendly you can buy another three pieces to access any more gear you have to be honoured which takes four weeks of killing every single boss in LFR. It is then another three weeks of killing every single boss available before your reach revered and are able to access more gear and then another seven, due to no commendation being available, before you hit exalted. Fourteen weeks, assuming that you are prepared to queue multiple times each week in kill the bosses you might have missed from joining in progress raids, is far too long especially when it is possible to go for many of those weeks without a single reward.

    If I do not want to run obsolete raids in order to gear my alt I do not want to go the hassle of bothering a friend or finding someone to tank instances until our brains bleed. The fact that people are going to these lengths in order to access the newest content shows just badly the current system is working.

    Many people are only running LFR for loot, in fact I would say that 90%+ who have run the raid more than twice are only there for loot, and Blizzard's current policy of trying to prolong the amount of time people play by low drop rates and inflating the difficulty is not compatible with this.

    The carrot is not the problem it is that it at the end of a very long stick.

  6. #46
    oh the hell please stop making these moan threads.
    the chance is 15% or something like that. that mean you get an item every ~6 bosses. but thats just the average.
    getting an item on the first boss is just as likely as not getting any items on 11 bosses in a row. can happen, its just luck / bad luck.
    and getting an item twice is quite likely aswell, that's just how it is.
    they won't change the system to always give you an item that just perfectly suites your needs.
    it's "raiding", it's an effort and needs time, it's not just "go and grab your items in 2 runs and never enter again"

    edit: @bemlikanz: if you've killed every lfr boss possible, you've killed 3+6+6+9 = 24 bosses.
    at 15% dropchance: 24*0.15 = 3.6 items expected. so you're just slightly lower then the average.
    hell, nearly every second person gets 3-4 items in 24 bosskills, if everyone of those creates a moanthread, the forums would overflow...
    Last edited by TheTrueM4gg0t; 2013-04-04 at 02:20 PM.

  7. #47
    Mechagnome lordzed83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    UK Nottingham
    Posts
    509
    You know what pisses me off ??
    Not drop rates (they are shit anyway. Sun Eater I WILL NEVER FORGET)
    DISAPPOINTMENT !!!!!! WEEK AFTER WEEK.
    I wait whole week to kill 3rd boss in new LFR to get new 2h sword.
    And what ???
    Day one of reset:
    I come back from work after 12 hour shift pop in 40minute queue and start on daily quests
    I get in kill bosses in 35-40 minutes IT does not drop. I use coin does not drop.
    Time to go to sleep
    Day two
    I come back from work pop queue 40 minutes again and do daily quests.
    Kill same shit again wiping with noobs 50 minutes if goes good. Use coin again on last boss And no drop. Sleep
    Day three
    Same thing Kill same shit again with even worse noobs than two previous times but this time its 1 hour cause you get to play with alts and shit.
    Use coin and no drop ! GG blizzard have to wait for next reset AGAIN. O well its Friday time to get fucked on booze or weed at least that will be fun :/

    So since new LFR came out i used 9 coins on that fucking sword + extra HOURS AND HOURS of wipes and watching queue.
    I am loosing interest in any PVE cause of that.... Its like bashing head against a fucking wall
    LAst reset i totally lost it and made ticket i kield boss and Coin roll Buged and it would not roll at all Wasted TWO FUCKING HOURS and since i was valor capped i got fuck all out of it.


    TBH i think bosses should drop badges of some sort that you can spend on items out of loot tables.
    Then at least after month of killing same shit i would be able to buy shit that you want. And with my rng luck i will never see that sword :/
    Besides that out of new lfr i had trinkiet and tier gloves on main thats it.....


    ps.On my resto shaman i had second boss trinkiet 3 times alrd. Tier Pants and Shield from coin roll.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

  8. #48
    sick of raidfinder ? why not get +9 and raid normals ??? RF is fine for 1 2 weeks after that it gets so annoying

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    Hey fellows!
    So, Im sick of RF.
    502 items are good if u see my gear (im 496 atm) and Im TRYING to farm some 502 LFR gear...
    BUT, since it avaible, i've been killing all bosses and I got 2 items so far...
    Actually it was 3, but one was repeated and I desenchanted it...
    So, when will it work??
    If I dont farm tokens of bonus roll I will drop 2 items every month??
    Thanks blizz, to piss me off every week!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374

    Loot Specialization

    Players can now choose to receive loot for a specialization that's different from their current class role. This feature can be accessed by right-clicking on the character portrait and selecting the option from the drop-down list. Loot specialization is available for bonus rolls, Raid Finder, and Pandarian quest rewards.

    Raids

    Bonus Roll

    Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player.
    Your cries have been heard and 5.3 will herald a change for those with crappy luck
    “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    This mentality is so old. Why? Because the game has changed now. We no longer have 5 man heroics to give new and returning players a step up in the gearing process. All this has been merged into LFR.

    Whilst I know that 5.0 LFR drop rates were buffed, the gear is shit. For a player to stand a chance in getting into a guild running ToT they pretty much need full 502 gear. Yes, they can get it from the nerfed 5.0 heroic content, but lets be honest, finding a pug, getting into a pug and finding a pug that will clear 16/16hc is not so easy.

    Simple solution, that pretty much confirms my status as the king of obvious solutions:

    Buff ToT LFR Drop rates.
    Add LFR Thunderforged items, low chance to drop.

    Solves 2 issues. Makes LFR the loot pinatta Blizzard have forced it to be, and gives players a reason to carry on running it for the chance at getting Thunderforged upgrades in the future.
    Very good point on the dungeon thing, however, I feel for the typical LFR player, a thunderforged version probably isn't a good enough incentive to keep running. I know I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  11. #51
    The Patient Meqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    212
    lfr heros expecting loot to be handed over to them without doing anything.


    They should be happy that LFR even got added to this game.

  12. #52
    Dreadlord Art3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    781
    7 Leaves in a row from Major Domo's chest! My priest was so sad for so long

  13. #53
    Mechagnome Mcaffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    510
    To be honest I am sick and tired of these "oh i didn't get any loots, blizz needs to fix this shit" threads.

    Instant gratification is what they want or they start to moan and bitch, sweet baby jesus wake up people, real life also doesn't give you instant gratification.
    I'd like to see you go to your boss and say hey I worked for 5 minutes where is my raise???? Try and QQ to him if he doesn't give it to you, you'll be out on your arse.
    As stated above by some folks that have a brain sometimes loot doesn't drop for weeks on end in regular raids and you have an increased chance in the lfr pinata but yeah sometimes RNG is RNG and you are shit out of luck for 1 or 2 weeks, live with it.

    Next time you feel a whine coming on, go outside and try your QQ in the real world, most people will ask you if you missed the magic bus.

  14. #54
    The Lightbringer Zell the Stormbreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by aggs View Post
    Rng is a good thing. If it wasn't there and you just got your drops off of every boss when you first killed them, then what...It just makes it that much greater when that item you want so bad finally drops.
    I can relate to your sentiment, but I'm not sure I agree with you.

    Having your character development held up via bad luck is not objectively a good thing, no matter how much people argue that it is. Loot is considered both a reward for doing something, as well as a means to an end (beating harder content); in either eventuality, it completely sucks to be doing the same thing again and again because the looting system doesn't favour you. Naturally, this is doubly compounded if you re-roll for the sake of your guild and just can't get to where you need to be as a result of it.

    I think the entire looting system in WoW needs an overhaul from top to bottom.

  15. #55
    Dreadlord Art3x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    781
    I have a much bigger issue with getting randomly itemized loot that doesn't belong to my spec. Yesterday I got int, stam, exp bracers on my disc priest....

    GG itemization. I'd rather have not gotten anything, this just pissed me off

  16. #56
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I love this whole thing. Well worded response Darsithis.
    Also nice to note that it does still take time to gear up in 25's. Yes sometimes you can be lucky with drops, if they favor one roll (council dropped all tank items not counting tokens this week for us) but sometimes it really can take ages to gear.
    I didn't get any gear from ToT normal until this week, I got Horridon's cloak, and Tortos's neck. Along with a few minor upgrades from LFR (legs, tier chest, and crafted boots) I got a sudden jump in gear. Although for all I know, I could not be lucky with what drops and not see Ji-Kun's trink for weeks once we kill it (which is why I hope tokens favor me ^.^)
    I remember when we stepped in DS heroic. First week, our hunter got 4p tier. Not a single item dropped for anyone else (our heroic was 10 man vs 25 man for normal). Did we complain? No! We were happy that we downed heroic bosses. Now, I realize that heroic isn't the same as LFR (which is far from challenging!), but we got to have fun doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Although I agree with the sentiment that these threads are pointless, I do really get a braincramp from people saying: but LFR is to see content... aren't you happy with that??

    WoW and other MMO's are based on improving ones character. Loot is a way to improve ones character. It is incredibly frustrating if you play for months on end without seeing anything drop that you can use. Strange thing is that when I did raid 25 mans, I would not bitch about loot either. It was part of the game and I was happy to see others in my guild get stuff before myself.

    But LFR is a "game" purely for yourself. You are not there to "gear up the raid". And after seeing "the content" one or two times, you have seen the content. So what is left? Oh .... golly gee... it must be .... /drums ..... LOOT?!?

    And yes while in LFR, loot is what people care (usually - I say this cause I can already hear some people typing like mad to say they do not do LFR for loot) most about in LFR, to improve oneself. Is that really so suprising.

    Again, I don't understand the bitching that much. Well I can understand one feels let down by the god of RNG, but to come here to bitch about it, goes too far imo and will result in nothing.
    LFR is one way to improve your character, true, but it shouldn't be done incredibly fast. It should take time and the rewards be spaced out as rewards for both the time investment and the actual work (bringing down bosses). It's more frustrating at the start of LFR because so many groups are unprepared or undergeared and don't know the fights.

    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    This mentality is so old. Why? Because the game has changed now. We no longer have 5 man heroics to give new and returning players a step up in the gearing process. All this has been merged into LFR.

    Whilst I know that 5.0 LFR drop rates were buffed, the gear is shit. For a player to stand a chance in getting into a guild running ToT they pretty much need full 502 gear. Yes, they can get it from the nerfed 5.0 heroic content, but lets be honest, finding a pug, getting into a pug and finding a pug that will clear 16/16hc is not so easy.

    Simple solution, that pretty much confirms my status as the king of obvious solutions:

    Buff ToT LFR Drop rates.
    Add LFR Thunderforged items, low chance to drop.

    Solves 2 issues. Makes LFR the loot pinata Blizzard have forced it to be, and gives players a reason to carry on running it for the chance at getting Thunderforged upgrades in the future.
    I don't see a reason to make it a "loot pinata". What reason is there to continue playing if not to chase that elusive upgrade? Now, I'm one of those guys who enjoys playing with my upgrades like running heroics for the fun of it, but I like that there is always a better item on the horizon. If I got that all so insanely fast (read, week or two), I'd stop logging into the game. Why bother if I get it all so fast?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peng View Post
    You can´t compare LFR to your own raid.
    a) When I don´t get loot in my own raid, someone else in this raid will get it. No matter who get´s the item - the raid will be stronger next id. It´s ok.
    b) When I don´t get loot in LFR I really don´t care if someone else gets something. It´s either wasted to a faceroller or never seen again.

    But then... in the end it´s only pixels anyways. :-)
    Not always. Our heroic runs in DS (10 man instead of 25) frequently resulted in no loot for anyone because the drops weren't useful. I was lucky, though, and Morchok heroic dropped two Hand of Morchok on our first kill!

    In our 25 man team in T11, T12, and T13 we had plenty of weeks where there were most DE's for the gear because it redropped already upgraded slots. I've found LFR overall to be no different with gearing than my old 25 man raid was till MoP
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-04-04 at 02:28 PM.



  17. #57
    Elemental Lord Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    8,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemlikanz View Post
    Hey fellows!
    So, Im sick of RF.
    502 items are good if u see my gear (im 496 atm) and Im TRYING to farm some 502 LFR gear...
    BUT, since it avaible, i've been killing all bosses and I got 2 items so far...
    Actually it was 3, but one was repeated and I desenchanted it...
    So, when will it work??
    If I dont farm tokens of bonus roll I will drop 2 items every month??
    Thanks blizz, to piss me off every week!
    I get a lot of items, the problem is, all the items I get already have. It's so damned annoying.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Many people are only running LFR for loot, in fact I would say that 90%+ who have run the raid more than twice are only there for loot, and Blizzard's current policy of trying to prolong the amount of time people play by low drop rates and inflating the difficulty is not compatible with this.
    Current policy? I ran DS LFR for 3 months before I got 2-piece tier bonus on my Paladin.

    Drop rates on current tier LFR are the same as they were in 5.0 and better than 4.3 because of coins.

    Your arguments make it sound like you never played WoW before MoP.

  19. #59
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    As you say. People are unpleasant in lfr. Mostly because they're only there to get their free epics, and every fuckup delays what they think rightfully is theirs.
    It's not like they deserve to get gear from running lfr without caring about any else. It's just the reason people go there, so it's the carrot they're all hunting, and once in a while get to nip at.
    They are pretty unpleasant, and I do have to say one of the reasons I want, even though I don't always get, loot is because it's a struggle at times to deal with the crap people foist on you in LFR. When I raided 25 man I raided with a bunch of people I liked and had a lot of fun doing it that took away the sting of a string of bad luck.



  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No one is asking to earn gear for nothing they are simply asking for a reward for putting time into playing the game. It is not reasonable to play for 20+ hours and not receive even one piece of gear.
    Welcome to Raiding. It has been this way forever. Actually, it has generally been worse. The only exception being the one expansion often regarded as the worst the game has seen, and the last half of the one before it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am not confusing the Shado Pan Assault with anyone. At neutral you can buy one piece of gear, then at friendly you can buy another three pieces to access any more gear you have to be honoured which takes four weeks of killing every single boss in LFR. It is then another three weeks of killing every single boss available before your reach revered and are able to access more gear and then another seven, due to no commendation being available, before you hit exalted. Fourteen weeks, assuming that you are prepared to queue multiple times each week in kill the bosses you might have missed from joining in progress raids, is far too long especially when it is possible to go for many of those weeks without a single reward.
    You are forgetting the part where, even though it takes that long to reach exalted right now, you are still unlocking gear faster than you can possibly earn Valor to buy it. Plus, it will be much faster for those that start at a point where all 12 bosses are available in LFR. A single full clear would take them from 0 rep to half way to honored. Once all four wings of LFR are unlocked, it will take between 8 and 10 weeks to go from neutral to exalted. That is not at all unreasonable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If I do not want to run obsolete raids in order to gear my alt I do not want to go the hassle of bothering a friend or finding someone to tank instances until our brains bleed. The fact that people are going to these lengths in order to access the newest content shows just badly the current system is working.
    I'm sorry you do not feel the need to actually put time into your character in order to access the most current content. Unfortunately, your overly selfish, instant gratification attitude is no longer supported by Blizzard entertainment because the developers finally realized that it was ruining the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Many people are only running LFR for loot, in fact I would say that 90%+ who have run the raid more than twice are only there for loot, and Blizzard's current policy of trying to prolong the amount of time people play by low drop rates and inflating the difficulty is not compatible with this.
    It is perfectly compatible with that idea. What it is not compatible with is the people who want to be decked in a full set of current LFR gear within a month. Just because people could do that before does not mean the system was working as intended. Or that the system was a good one for the game. Cause it wasn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The carrot is not the problem it is that it at the end of a very long stick.
    No. There is no problem now. They have finally gotten closer to a good balance between the truly horrible gear grind of Vanilla/TBC/Wrath(Pre-3.3) and the faceroll easy, "I could not play at all for the entire expansion then come in for the last patch, play for a week, then join a heroic guild and kill Arthas/Deathwing" bullshit that has existed since patch 3.3.

    The problem was the way it was before this. Where there was no stick, only carrot.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •