85-90 guide for questing efficiency?

85-90 kind of sucker for me. I followed zygor guides but whenever I level I move on to the next zone. Is there a quest guide? Quests give that give a lot of xp?

I followed a guide on icecrown for Battle of Valhalas and it was amazing. Fluid and easy gold and xp. Anything like that for each zones?

Also. Blood or frost for questing?

And is dungeoning as bad as everyone says for leveling?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    85-90 kind of sucker for me. I followed zygor guides but whenever I level I move on to the next zone. Is there a quest guide? Quests give that give a lot of xp?

I followed a guide on icecrown for Battle of Valhalas and it was amazing. Fluid and easy gold and xp. Anything like that for each zones?

Also. Blood or frost for questing?

And is dungeoning as bad as everyone says for leveling?
    If you have Zygor then you have a quest guide. There's a free addon from wow-pro.com that does much the same thing if you want a different one. Questing is pretty much on the rails for experience purposes.

Dungeons are not very helpful for getting XP after running them the first time for the quests.

Don't know about the last. My guess is that it doesn't matter too much really.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Guide for speedy questing:

1) Quest in zone
    2) Move to new zone once you reach level to do it.

Quests are pretty nicely laid out where you shouldn't need a guide to tell you where to go or how to find the most efficient quest hubs.

And quest as Frost. There are some areas where AoE killing mobs works nice....but not enough. Often times they are spread out where you can't really grab more than 3-4.

You could always do some Monkey Runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7M4KQR_b1w
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Damn I just tried monkey runs. What a friggen grind......

I dont know how I did it last time. I dont see how people could get 5 chars to 90. talk about friggen patience...
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

15+ Year Old Account
    Do quest while in a queue for a dungeon (only do them if you have not done the quest for them, otherwise it's not worth the time, imo) At each level move onto the next zone, they're all chain quest that lead to one another. Also helps moving onto the next zone asap so that your ilvl can go up and have less gear to grind out when you do hit 90.

How long do these monkey runs take to get to 90?

10+ Year Old Account
    It should also be worth noting you should do the daily Random Dungeon and Alterac Valley Call to Arms whenever they are available. The XP gain is too much to ignore, plus you'll have some sweet Honor points to spend on Malevolent gear for some easy iLvls when you get to 90.
    I agree with the previous statements that you shouldn't queue for dungeons after you've completed the quests for them (aside from the daily bonus).

Click signature for main character's armory.

I don't really understand why people need a guide to play a (pretty much easy as it gets) MMO,.
    The game is already this dumbed down,. you've leveled to 85 a dozen times..
    It can't be that hard to just go out, and do quests in each new area until you hit level 90 ?
    You probably spend more time checking the guide or asking what to do on forums than you save by simply going out there and doing it.

Let alone the cost of purchasing said guide...

Well, you don't HAVE to go to the next zone if you don't want to, but it's generally better because the quests reward higher ilvl gear and gives more experience.

The best tip I can give you on leveling is to stay focused, don't waste time killing people, killing monsters you don't need to, dying when you shouldn't, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I don't really understand why people need a guide to play a (pretty much easy as it gets) MMO,.
    The game is already this dumbed down,. you've leveled to 85 a dozen times..
    It can't be that hard to just go out, and do quests in each new area until you hit level 90 ?
    You probably spend more time checking the guide or asking what to do on forums than you save by simply going out there and doing it.

Let alone the cost of purchasing said guide...
    Because some people don't like to spend more time than they need to leveling. You may think it's faster to just do it yourself, but I've shaved off 72 hours using Zygor's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    You probably spend more time checking the guide
    The better guides are where you can see them--i.e. somewhere in your UI--and generally integrated with TomTom or something similar so nothing really to check. Just follow the arrows. In addition, wow-pro charts out questing paths that are occasionally out of order for storyline but more efficient in that you sometimes do long loops in a zone before doing turn-ins. They are all a little different in that way but can be helpful if you're in a hurry. And it's true that while they're all less needed than they used to be it's also fair to say that 58-80 are still pretty much they way they were designed for pathing. You don't *really* need them for 1-58 or for 80+ due to the linearity of the zones.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Can you really say you're "playing" the game anymore, if you're just following an arrow on your screen?

What's the hurry?

You get yet another char to level 85, will have not much else left to do but grind dungeons or raids.
    You'll get burnt-out that much quicker.

I say take it easy and "play the game", enjoy the journey rather than rush to the end with each character you have.
    You're paying for it after all.
    Last edited by bbr; 2013-04-04 at 08:06 PM.