Autoshot Question

Haven't played my hunter for a few patches and I've noticed now that when I start to cast steady shot or cobra shot, my auto attacks start instantly instead of starting after the SS or CS finished cast. Is this intended change or did I mess something up?

Think it's been that way since Cata at least.

haven't played my hunter in ages but i'm pretty sure that steady/cobra doesn't affect autoshot anymore..it'll just keep shooting

Like comments above have said. Autoshot will continue, even while casting Cobra/Steady Shot. This was changed in Cata.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Deleted
    Unless something changed in MoP The only time you won't continue to auto shot is when your hard cast Aimed shot

Perhaps you forgot to take out a /autoshot /startattack or W/E that command is called, this would start the autoshot as you start casting cobra/steady instead of just as it finishes.. while this being the case only aimed shot should pause your autoshots.. only reason I can see why you don't wanna cast autoshot straigh away is if you precast it with a pull timer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanchak View Post
    Unless something changed in MoP The only time you won't continue to auto shot is when your hard cast Aimed shot
    Barrage too

I haven't played WoW in a bit so don't know if they changed it or not but you used to have to make a macro like !autoshot /cast cobra shot maybe you have that macro?

Deleted
    If you spam cobra/steady it will start to fire an auto shot while casting it, but if you click it just once, it will wait until your cobra/steady have been fired first before it starts firing the auto shots.

There was a change some time back. Not sure but i think its since mists came out.

Before : You enter combat when your cobra is done casting and this is where auto shoot starts.
    After : You enter combat as soon as your auto shoot lands which is fired immediately as you start casting cobra shot.

I THINK thats what the OP is asking.

Why did they make it so strong it my highest hit on stuff?