Thread: BM best opener

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

BM best opener

hey!
    I have been playing survival for a very long time which i think i'm quite good at but i'm debating respeccing to BM just to be able to play both specs on progress but i was wondering if only very good and experienced hunters out there could help with the best opener possible and how to use Bestial wrath rapid fire on opener and when to use readiness to reset cooldown.
    Thanks!

I've experimented for a while and this nets most for my current setup, you can check out my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...boxed/advanced.

My top opener: RF>stampede>Serpent sting>Bestial wrath+kill command macro> Murder of crows> glaive toss>dire beast>readiness for second BW+KC when first ends>Rapid fire for second time when 2nd wrath ends. Use KC on cooldown during this, and reapply sting and MOC without wasting duration.

i use ss/bw/kc/gt/MoC/GT/DB/RF/stamp/ss/kc/readiness/kc/GT/DB/BW/
    with this opener i dont get caped. on WoLs i pull 400-500k burst if i dont mess up which i some times do
    Last edited by spartans; 2013-03-31 at 01:18 AM.

I'm sorry, but those openers are flawed. Never ever use your RF before stampede, never do your AMoC during BW and never use your DB during BW you'll waste one second of rapid fire and waste 2 GCDs.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I'm sorry, but those openers are flawed. Never ever use your RF before stampede, never do your AMoC during BW and never use your DB during BW you'll waste one second of rapid fire and waste 2 GCDs.
    I understand the rapid fire part but how does the AMOC work? Wouldnt it just cost a ton of focus if you dont do it during BW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was using this as my opener for BM ( I did not write this rotation just used it)

-02: Misdirect
    -01: Hunter's Mark
    +00: Potion + Serpent Sting
    +01: Rapid Fire + Stampede
    +02: Bestial Wrath + Blood Fury (+ engineering gloves if you have) + Kill Command
    +03: AMoC
    +04: Dire Beast
    +05: Glaive Toss
    +06: Arcane Shot
    +07: Arcane Shot
    +08: Kill Command
    +09: Readiness + Kill Command
    +10: Glaive Toss
    +11: Arcane Shot
    +12: Arcane Shot
    +13: Dire Beast (when Bestial Wrath falls off, if you have 4p delay this 6 seconds and just do Kill Command when it is off cooldown)
    +14: Arcane Shot
    +15: Bestial Wrath + Rapid Fire + Kill Command

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisbox View Post
    I understand the rapid fire part but how does the AMOC work? Wouldnt it just cost a ton of focus if you dont do it during BW.
    While hasted with rapid fire you'll most likely get focus capped either way during the opener. By doing it before BW it gives you and extra arcane shot during BW.

With the 2 set you need to add cobra shot in once. Since I cast rapid fire early, so I can readiness it back, I generally do cobra shot right before readiness. Always will spawn a dragon hawk for me, and if it doesn't oh well. This is how I did 130k dps on Durumu normal with only a 504 weapon (518 overall).

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ, I ws thinking of going BM for single target fights, but openers like that, I would never ever remember.
    You macroing them or ?

Im 511 Surv, not doing great dps anyway only around 110-130k and wanted to give BM a try, but thats one hell of an opener.
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Jesus Christ, I ws thinking of going BM for single target fights, but openers like that, I would never ever remember.
    You macroing them or ?

Im 511 Surv, not doing great dps anyway only around 110-130k and wanted to give BM a try, but thats one hell of an opener.
    You can macro it in castsequence but really it's the same thing as a bestial wrath phase twice, which is just kill command -> arcane shot x5 or so -> kill command -> arcane shot with glaive toss in there somewhere. If you do macro it just don't macro lynx or amoc because it will not get the full effect.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone link their macroes for this freaky opener pls ?

Would like too give BM a go, and see how much of DPS I can do as an opener, as I have seen some scary BM's out there recently esp on first Boss in ToT
    A woman should never invest in a relationship she wouldn't want her daughter in, nor allow any man to treat her in a way her son would get scoled for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use these two ( I did not write these macros) Sometimes the bw/kc macro , kc will happen first. To avoid this just make sure that I'm on a gcd when my BW comes up and I have KC off CD, so while KC is on the gcd I start spamming my BW/KC macro a split second before KC comes off the gcd, which makes sure that I get the KC off during BW everytime

#showtooltip Readiness
    /cast Readiness
    /petattack
    /petassist
    /cast Kill Command

#showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /use 13
    /use 10
    /petattack
    /petassist
    /cast Rabid
    /cast Kill Command

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I dunno, last time I listened to Rogerbrown and saw a Kripp video on BM openers and macros both were popping for the opener Rapid fire with Stampede in a macro. Rogerbrown's opener started with pre pot, SrS, KC, DB, Rapid fire/Stampede macro, 2x as, BW/KC macro, aMoC followed by AS spam, manually refreshing SrS, popping readiness on the second KC with a readiness/KC macro to get a third KC in the first BW. I normally pop paid fire after this and BW when it ends lining up with DB just before BW to make sure you got good focus regen during BW. Got me decent results this, using BM only really on Magera where I got a top 50 parse in 510 gear at that time in the first ToT reset in 5.2. With some VP gear upgrades at that time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    Can anyone link their macroes for this freaky opener pls ?

Would like too give BM a go, and see how much of DPS I can do as an opener, as I have seen some scary BM's out there recently esp on first Boss in ToT
    If you really want to give BM a go because you saw some neat numbers from BM hunters then don't use macro just get some paper, pen and 2 hours on a dummy.
    You won't get numbers from using some flawed macro since in BM (and I think in most specs nowadays) most often then not you need to adapt to the moment and that's where the numbers are coming from. Not just bashing one button mindlessly.

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool
    never do your AMoC during BW
    Why wouldn't you? BW increases the dmg of AMoC and since you are likely strugling not to get focus capped it's a great focus dump during BW. I don't see any reason for not using AMoC during BW but I don't say I'm not wrong. I just need some reasonable argument.

wow this is the most complicated opener/rotation EVAR

Macros for BM are useful if you know when to use them them. They can reduce the number of keybinds you need an allow for possibly more abilities used per encounter as you are saving time individually press abilities, certainly agree its not mindless button bashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    I dunno, last time I listened to Rogerbrown and saw a Kripp video on BM openers and macros both were popping for the opener Rapid fire with Stampede in a macro. Rogerbrown's opener started with pre pot, SrS, KC, DB, Rapid fire/Stampede macro, 2x as, BW/KC macro, aMoC followed by AS spam, manually refreshing SrS, popping readiness on the second KC with a readiness/KC macro to get a third KC in the first BW. I normally pop paid fire after this and BW when it ends lining up with DB just before BW to make sure you got good focus regen during BW. Got me decent results this, using BM only really on Magera where I got a top 50 parse in 510 gear at that time in the first ToT reset in 5.2. With some VP gear upgrades at that time.
    If you looked at the math behind it it would be easy to see, dire beast isn't affected by BW and AMoC scales dynamically with your bestial wrath, so they will do the same damage regardless, so how would replacing an arcane shot for it in the rotation not be a dps loss?

Also that is not how rogerbrown's opener goes. Double check the guide he made.

---------- Post added 2013-03-30 at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hawtdawg View Post
    Why wouldn't you? BW increases the dmg of AMoC and since you are likely strugling not to get focus capped it's a great focus dump during BW. I don't see any reason for not using AMoC during BW but I don't say I'm not wrong. I just need some reasonable argument.
    The reasons you just stated are the exact reasons on not to use it during BW. I'm serious.

BW increases the dmg of AMoC
    Yeah, it increases the damage of AMoC regardless of when you casted it.

it's a great focus dump during BW
    It's an even better one if used before BW because while under the effects of rapid fire you'll most likely cap either way.

If you use AMoC during bestial wrath in place of an arcane shot you lose damage because AMoC will do the same damage regardless because of how it scales with BW, but an arcane shot will not do the same damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stridur View Post
    #showtooltip Bestial Wrath
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /use 13
    /use 10
    /petattack
    /petassist
    /cast Rabid
    /cast Kill Command
    Even though you mentioned this, I would just take kill command out of that macro just to be safe.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-03-30 at 10:07 AM.

That guide was before the interview he did on WHU where roger went over his opener. I'm quoting the one he talked about in that interview. I've said already that DB should be cast before BW as its not affected by it, not sure if I made that clear. Seen other guides open like that also. Unsure about aMoC though as I'm not using BM much anymore, but if I am getting what you are saying, you are advocating that getting into AS spam as much as possible during BW is more Dps that saving 30 focus = just over one arcane shot. Curious to see what opener you are using stool for BM and survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    That guide was before the interview he did on WHU where roger went over his opener. I'm quoting the one he talked about in that interview. I've said already that DB should be cast before BW as its not affected by it, not sure if I made that clear. Seen other guides open like that also. Unsure about aMoC though as I'm not using BM much anymore, but if I am getting what you are saying, you are advocating that getting into AS spam as much as possible during BW is more Dps that saving 30 focus = just over one arcane shot. Curious to see what opener you are using stool for BM and survival.
    I'm saying that's only the case for the opener, you will most likely almost get capped anyway. After the opener it's better to use it during bestial wrath to halve the huge focus cost. Although that won't/can't be the case after you drop the 4 piece because they will no longer be synced up.

I'm not really in the mood to post my rotation atm, maybe sometime later today, sorry.

It's kool stool, merely wanted to compare the differences. Think I misunderstood u there a bit and thought you were talking about using aMoC before BW all the time, didn't realise you were taking just for opener, thanks for the info though.