Thread: Kotmogu hack?

Kotmogu Trick?

Just started a Kotmogu game and we left the gate as soon as it spawned and before we could even make it to the first little bit to get into the inner area a rogue had picked up one of the orbs on our side. So they started with three orbs before we could even pick up one. I can't think of a way to do this legit, so must be a hack/bug of some sort.
    Last edited by Tyrean; 2013-04-04 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Just started a Kotmogu game and we left the gate as soon as it spawned and before we could even make it to the first little bit to get into the inner area a rogue had picked up one of the orbs on our side. So they started with three orbs before we could even pick up one. I can't think of a way to do this legit, so must be a hack/bug of some sort.
    Rocket boot from gate, get to ledge and glider to stares then sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    Rocket boot from gate, get to ledge and glider to stares then sprint.
    Eng is so goddamn cheesetastic lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    How long did you try to think of a legit way to do it before labeling it a hack/bug?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

He could have potentially used nitro boosts into a goblin glider, then stealthed with the nightstalker talent, sprinted with glyphed sprint, and prepped a second sprint. Or yeah, probably just cheated.

I know druids with engineering can easily do this.

You guys are missing the point. I have thought of all of that but the reason I think it is a hack/bug is because all of the stuff you mention makes him run at 100% (mount) speed. There is no way he covers roughly three times the distance we cover on mounts by any means other than hack. On Eye of the storm it is possible with gliders, but there is no glide point long enough on that map.

Glyphed sprint = mount speed.
    rocket boots = mount speed

So yes, I have thought about it and I also play engineer on most of my PvP characters so I understand the tools they have. This was something else.

You guys are missing the point. I have thought of all of that but the reason I think it is a hack/bug is because all of the stuff you mention makes him run at 100% (mount) speed. There is no way he covers roughly three times the distance we cover on mounts by any means other than hack. On Eye of the storm it is possible with gliders, but there is no glide point long enough on that map.
    Nitro boosts are something like 150% increase, not just mount speed. I don't know where the best spot to glider is, but I'd bet that either down the hill out of the gates or off the edge of the center pit would carry that speed for a few extra seconds. Glyphed sprint is mount speed, but can stack with nightstalker and also causes you to move well above normal mount speed. Rogues also have a passive 15% bonus to run speed, though I'm not entirely sure which effects stack with it and which simply overwrite it.

There are other less common but possible ways to move faster too. There are run speed potions, he could have had someone immediately place a wild mushroom, warrior banner, etc. out of the gates and shadowstepped to it, and I'm sure there are several random buffs and on-use items that give increased run speed. Considering that nobody in this thread was surprised by this and nobody agreed that cheating was necessary or likely, I think it's a fair assumption that it is possible to do this legitimately.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I don't know where the best spot to glider is, but I'd bet that either down the hill out of the gates or off the edge of the center pit would carry that speed for a few extra seconds.

Mount out of the gate into a nitro boost coming down the hill, into a glider across the center pit to near the top of the stairs, into a sprint to the orb.

You can beat any non-Paladin/DK to the orb using this method.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=54861

Lists nitro as 150%, you are correct.

I think the best way for me to test this out is to try it out for myself. I will try with a druid as I do not have a rogue at level to play kotmogu. I will let you guys know, and if so I think it is the kind of thing that all engineers should know.

10+ Year Old Account
    The goblin glider also goes quite quickly, it's comparable to a non top speed flying mount if I recall.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

So I just checked a few things, if you move at 115% on foot and you use nitro boosts you go at 288% If you then use old flexweave you continue to move at 288%. If you use goblin glider it says you move at 115% but I think you actually move faster than that. I can't find the spell ID for the actual on use to look it up, but it feels faster than walk speed. I also know that in eye of the storm you can beat mounts on slow fall to the flag with a glider so it must go faster.

I think it is true that with a combination of rocket boots, glider and sprint you could beat to the opposing orb. I will try more later tonight when I can actually get into some games.

Nitro Boost + Burst of Speed stacks. Use those together at the start and then glider to carry that speed the rest of the way essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by tsunny View Post
    Nitro Boost + Burst of Speed stacks. Use those together at the start and then glider to carry that speed the rest of the way essentially.
    Ahh, that explains it a little better. I think with the slope of the start area you might be able to glide to the middle of the field if you were moving that fast. Thank you for pointing out stuff that still stacks. (Blizzard is very relaxed with what can and cannot stack speed boost wise)

EDIT: I also changed the thread title from hack to trick to not get people thinking in the wrong mindset.
    EDIT2: bah, it only changes the title of the OP not the thread title. I guess that is an admin only thing?
    Last edited by Tyrean; 2013-04-04 at 06:21 PM.

As has been said, nitro boosts is ALWAYS faster than mount speed, and stacks in some cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most things stack with Nitro Boost, so you're actually moving at flying mount speed.

after a very quick testing glider seems to be at ~400% speed

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Nitro boosts are something like 150% increase, not just mount speed.
    One of the comments on WoWhead says it stacks with Burst of Speed for 425% movement speed total.

10+ Year Old Account

Glyphed sprint = mount speed.
    rocket boots = mount speed

So yes, I have thought about it and I also play engineer on most of my PvP characters so I understand the tools they have. This was something else.
    nitro boosts = 150% added movement speed, ending up in 250% movement speed > goblin glider is about 450-500% movement speed.