LFR Loot Drop Change?

So has the LFR Loot Drop chance been changed? I just did all 3 LFR and didn't get a single piece of loot, also did Sha and Galleon and got a belt I already had off Gal. Were the drops increased recently? Or is it still it's broken self?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    So has the LFR Loot Drop chance been changed? I just did all 3 LFR and didn't get a single piece of loot, also did Sha and Galleon and got a belt I already had off Gal. Were the drops increased recently? Or is it still it's broken self?
    rng is rng, I got a piece of loot from every single boss in the new wing of LFR on my dk without using a coin (and the trinket off Ji-kun). Have yet to do the first half.

MSV, HoF and ToES LFR had their drop rates doubled with 5.2, up from 16% to 32%.

All normal+heroic MSV/HoF/ToES, world bosses and LFR/normal/Heroic ToT retain the 16% chance to win something via coin roll.

It's all random. I got a total of 5 pieces of loot yesterday from my LFR runs.

I know it's all randomized, somehow. But it can't be completely random.

Since the new LFRs came out, I've run them every single week, plus used bonus roles. Last week, I had 6 tokens and used them all yet I got my 12 bags of gold. So there's a couple of guildies that have incredible luck. A holy priest gets on average 2 to 3 pieces per week, while a shadow priest gets 3 to 4, we have a hunter who gets at least one piece per week, then there's a few guildies that get at least one piece every 2 weeks, which I think is a reasonable drop rate, then there myself and a druid healer, we haven't gotten a single piece from LFR since November or December. Most of my gear comes from our regular 10 man raid, which is awesome or via VP purchases...

It's frustrating, it's RNG but it follows a pattern. It can't be COMPLETELY random, since I've never experienced a "hot-streak" while some players never experience a "cold-streak"... I need to start popping that up on a spreadsheet. There's something going on there...... I'm sure there is. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Javster View Post
    I know it's all randomized, somehow. But it can't be completely random.

Since the new LFRs came out, I've run them every single week, plus used bonus roles. Last week, I had 6 tokens and used them all yet I got my 12 bags of gold. So there's a couple of guildies that have incredible luck. A holy priest gets on average 2 to 3 pieces per week, while a shadow priest gets 3 to 4, we have a hunter who gets at least one piece per week, then there's a few guildies that get at least one piece every 2 weeks, which I think is a reasonable drop rate, then there myself and a druid healer, we haven't gotten a single piece from LFR since November or December. Most of my gear comes from our regular 10 man raid, which is awesome or via VP purchases...

It's frustrating, it's RNG but it follows a pattern. It can't be COMPLETELY random, since I've never experienced a "hot-streak" while some players never experience a "cold-streak"... I need to start popping that up on a spreadsheet. There's something going on there...... I'm sure there is. lol
    RNG is RNG. The first week between coins and just regular rolls I got a piece of loot off the first 3. Since then I've got nothing. Last tier I got enough tier tokens to gear out 3 specs (druid) and about 8 sha touched weapons. RNG is RNG is RNG. It is random.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    it's not a loot Piñata, don't expect to get loot, and you will be pleasantly surprised when you eventually do get something.

Deleted
    RNG is RNG.

I still run the old 5.0 Raids for enchanting mats (since coins are so easy to get hold of).

Week 2 of 5.2 = 2 bits of Loot out of 16 bosses all with Bonus Rolls.
    Week 3 of 5.2 = 11 bits of Loot out of 16 bosses all with Bonus Rolls.
    Week 4 of 5.2 = 4 bits of Loot out of 16 bosses all with Bonus Rolls.
    Week 5 of 5.2 = 6 bits of Loot out of 12 bosses all with Bonus Rolls (not done ToES yet).

Under the old ~15% rolls I think someone worked out that 8% of people would get zero loot out of 16 Bosses + 3 Coins.

Not sure what the new % is but it is certainly still very possible.

Also remember it is ONLY the 5.0 raids that have had it buffed.

Deleted
    The sample size you're citing is so ridiculously low, it's not even worth discussing.

Random is random and it regresses to the mean after plenty of runs, meaning sometimes you'll go weeks without a drop and then you'll suddenly find 3 items in a row.
    For example, my Shaman received 7 items already from ToT LFR, far above the 10-15% drop rates. I'll have my dry spell soon, most likely.

And now I leeched both Oondasta, Galleon and Sha at 88. Got loot from all 3. Guess I have to get that alt LFR ready asap before reset
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-04-05 at 07:12 PM.