Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Most people didn't enjoy the zombie event or the bosses coming into cities. It made cities unusable.
    That claim is impossible to ever verify.

My question is this, I suppose:

What would you prefer between expansion launch events that break from the norm, or... Nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Gameplay was replaced by menus.
    Im pretty sure we are playing WoW and not FF11

Quote Originally Posted by Sheperd View Post
    Im pretty sure we are playing WoW and not FF11
    Don't mind him, he just repeats something that a guy on Youtube video said...
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by Thylacine View Post
    That claim is impossible to ever verify.
    I dunno, it seems pretty esay to verify, Blizzard hasn't done anything like it since and I'm willing to bet they don't do anything like it again.

For me personally, the only people I know that truely liked the event are douchbags and asshats who find all kinds of ways of griefing people.
    Of course, I don't expect those people to ever see the event has "too disruptive", because that's exactly what they want every day of the week in WoW. These also tend to be the same people who play 20-30 hours a week and complain about being bored
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-04-04 at 07:43 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    For me personally, the only people I know that truely liked the event are douchbags and asshats who find all kinds of ways of griefing people.
    Of course, I don't expect those people to ever see the event has "too disruptive", because that's exactly what they want every day of the week in WoW. These also tend to be the same people who play 20-30 hours a week and complain about being bored
    I enjoyed the expansion events a lot, and I made a point to only infect people that were actively choosing to fight zombies in the wrath one. It's just nice, at the end of the expansion when there's really nothing to do but repeat content for gear you no longer need to progress (because you've done what you're going to anyway), to have something that encourages the community to get together to participate in something.

I know that there was a lot of obnoxious abuse with the zombie one and I'm sure they learned from that. However, in general I think the world could use more events that encourage players to get out of their daily routine and do something with each other. Holiday events are a good example of this, but it would be nice to see more lore related events.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Most people didn't enjoy the zombie event or the bosses coming into cities. It made cities unusable.
    A large number of people didn't enjoy them because, like Flaks said, it disrupts routine, and that's all people care about. Getting their routine in and anything that disrupts that routine they begin to act like Rain Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I dunno, it seems pretty esay to verify, Blizzard hasn't done anything like it since and I'm willing to bet they don't do anything like it again.

I thoroughly enjoyed the opening of the Dark Portal and the scourge event, yet didn’t grief a single person; the events were imaginative, fun, a break from the norm and represented a “where were you when” moment for those that got involved.

The reason it’s impossible to verify a statement like the one I pulled up is because you can’t judge anything via forum noise – Blizzard themselves stipulate that fact pretty often. For every person that cried about not being able to use the auction house in Orgrimmar, there were many more enjoying themselves in a unique event that had a purpose behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well, it is possible for people, many people actually, to not think very highly of World of Warcraft. Those self same people may even consider other games in the genre superior due to their own subjective qualifiers. Qualifiers which are just as valid as the subjective qualifiers of those whom believe World of Warcraft is a "23 out of 10".

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I bet a lot of those things had more to do with people having a lot more spare time because the game had like 1/100th the content back then lol.
    huh? People literally cried on their hands and knees that the game was to time consuming back then.

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    huh? People literally cried on their hands and knees that the game was to time consuming back then.
    time-consuming != lots of content

I wouldn't call farming potions and flasks content

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I joined World of Warcraft in early 2008. Back then we had the game, like today, but not just the game! There were things going on outside the game, April Fools jokes, popular WoW Music/Machinima's being made [they still are, but they don't exactly catch on] We had L70ETC Rockin' it in Shattrath, funny commercials, mountain dew promotions and more! Where has the culture gone? This game feels like it has degraded into less of a fun community, and more into a silent wasteland where you raid, wait for a patch, and raid some more.

What happened?
    Honestly: to me, this is a typical example how people will compulsively try and find something to complain about.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It never had a "culture" to begin with.
    Nah, it really did.
    OP is right, communities gone. I blame the younger players who have taken the internet for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    I think a lot of it has to do with Blizzard's change in direction for the game.

Sure some can say that the old players moved on and the new ones failed to carry on the culture or whatever.

However, since the last 2 expansions Blizzard themselves have admitted that "End Game" is their main focus. Balancing, PVPing, everything is all focused to the current highest level. Blizzard spent an entire expansion redoing most of the zones and what did we get? I thought Cataclysm was the perfect opportunity for them to build on what they already had. However, you barely complete a few quests before you gain a level. Classes have powerful abilities early in the game. Dungeons have literally become a snorefest and people complained about WTLK Heroics when they were nothing as bad to what we have.

Also their change in direction has been from an "MMO" to a Single Player Arcade Online whatever you want to call it thing.

More importantly the developers at Blizzard have lost the passion for the game. It could be due to a change of the development team but you can tell the difference. I don't think Ghostcrawler is the best person for the job. Its come to a point where, they want to make maximum profit from minimum investment. You saw what Dragon Soul turned out like. They made these big plans at the start of Cata about an underwater raid but it didn't come to fruition.
    I first saw the lack of passion while leveling a worgen and going through Darkshore.

I was doing the quest where you ride dragon and help malfurion when it hit me..I found myself going "Wow this SHOULD be cool and totally badass...always was before. But somethings missing" and i thought about it and realized. ORIGINALLY you could feel the passion the heart the soul they put into the game. It wasn't just work or routine you could tell they genuinely had passion for it...I think the best word might be the game had kokoro which basically means heart/soul in a mix we don't have in english.

If anyone here has ever read a true work of art/masterpiece you can almost feel the artists passion and intent with it. Whether it be reading a book or looking at a painting even a TV show or game and comic ALL have at least one example of that sort of passion bleeding through.

TBH i think the one thing that will kill wow IF ANYTHING will be a game made by people who have a true passion for their work and the game..Ironically i wouldn't have been too surprised if Copernicus could have been it...But it's DBA(dead BEFORE arrival).

Oh adn to add to my post i DO feel that Pandaria brought some of the old passion back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    I have a feeling he was being sarcastic
    I know, it was so obvious to. That guys jumps down the throat at anyone saying remotely bad about this game even when they aren't. He's just fanatical about this game.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.