1. #1

    Ferals how are you finding this raid Tier Pre heroic

    I'm noticing myself getting ranked on a fair few fights is this because of the lack of feral druids or just druids not having a high damage output on fights leaving us able to get away with doing low dps and still doing well.
    DoC seems too be so strong as well right now which kind of means ferals need to use it in order to maximize there class and with the rune of Re-origination changing stat weights will we see a change to feral druids gemming prio.

  2. #2
    It depends on your raid group.
    Jin'rokh depends on how nice your tanks are at moving him next to the puddles and having his back to you, and the RNG of when your trinkets proc.
    I rank on Horridon cuz my group lets me sit on Horridon most of the fight, but then I barely rank or don't on Council cuz we zerg Sul (so I don't get to bleed cleave Malak+Sul for very long).
    Tortos depends how long the bats live and if you line up a zerk or two with them.
    Megeara, I probably could rank but I have to OS resto cuz our disc priest was using an upgraded lfr weapon from t14 and we were barely wiping to not enough healing.
    Ji'Kun I also heal, but as feral you are an excellent candidate for going to platforms if you 2heal (awesome offhealing) so it will be easy to rank if you get to sit on the bird.
    Durumu, entirely depends on how good you are at the melee maze. I suck at it so I follow the ranged maze and spam deathcoil when I move outside his giant hitbox.

    That's the end of what I have experienced beyond one accidental pull of Primordius, so can't really comment on other bosses. Aside from Horridon where you are worthless if you don't just sit on him we are definitely an asset to the raid.

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    612
    No Rune or no new Weapon.... Sad kitty QQ.
    .
    .
    .
    If you ask yourself why you rank it might just be that your obviously good at what your doing? Personally I'm by the top in damage output in my raids... And I can't really say either our raid team is filled with noobs, I think we'r in a good position this tier and we'r capable of doing loads of DPS.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  4. #4
    While this is partially true Etapicx, your role in the raid affects your ability to rank regardless of skill. You will not rank on Horridon if you are on adds most of the fight. You will not rank on Ji'Kun if you are flying to the platforms (but because your are such a strong candidate for platforms in 2heal setups you have less competition to rank if you sit on the boss). Ferals are in a good position overall (except Horridon if they need you on adds), but ranking is comparing yourself against others of the same class/spec which is why your role in the raid (and your raid's overall behavior/strat) can have a huge impact on ranking. Plus there is always RNG.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by exblithion View Post
    and with the rune of Re-origination changing stat weights will we see a change to feral druids gemming prio.
    Not a significant one, no. Agility gets more important once you get Rune than it is prior so you still definitely want to be gemming Agility. The only difference is you can start using Agi/Haste and Agi/Crit gems as orange gems (instead of Agi/Mastery) if it helps you balance your secondary stats better.

    Quote Originally Posted by exblithion View Post
    I'm noticing myself getting ranked on a fair few fights is this because of the lack of feral druids
    It's definitely this to a degree (I assume you're raiding 10 man?). In 10 man, Top 150 as a Feral is very significantly easier to achieve than Top 150 as say, a mage or a warlock, because there is a very significant difference in the amount of people playing those specs. This is less true for 25 man, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has some merit there as well.

    Edit: As of this post feral has a 1.53% representation in 10N which is the lowest of all specs when you remove duplicate specs of the same class and role (Arms, Combat, Unholy, Arcane, MM, Subtlety). The next lowest are Windwalker (2.58%) and Enhancement (2.63%) and the average is ~5.98%.

    ---

    Regarding how Feral is doing this tier... From the perspective a heroic raider, I would say we're very mediocre. There are few encounters where we really shine (Jikun, possibly Twin Consorts and Lei Shen) and more than just a couple where we're outclassed by almost everyone (Horridon, Council, Durumu, Primordius).

    That said, I am currently an applicant in my guild so my gear is definitely behind the rest of my fellow raiders, so you should take my opinion with a grain of salt (I certainly do =P).
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-04-05 at 07:07 AM.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  6. #6
    I love my feral cat, been playing in quite long, and i think we are in the best situation we have been in since... forever.
    I usually rank quite well in 10man and top my own guilds logs (we are a pretty casual guild tho). usually me and a destro lock fighting for the top.

    Some fights just aint feral material (horridon being the worst atm for me) but i do feel ferals are in a good place atm. However compared to other classes like lets say fire mages there is no chance on some fights(most) for us to beat em.
    Im looking forward to see what i can pull in heroic gear, cause atm my mage friend (in 50% heroic with weapon) owns me so bad when we do lfr together

    The only thing that really annoys me atm is all the gear with exp and hit on it. i have so much trouble getting below caps : (

  7. #7
    I agree with what a few others have said. I'm not in heroics yet, currently 9.75/12 in 25man (Qon WILL die next week lol) and compared to other DPS, I feel we are middle of the pack/average at best. I can't think of one fight that a rogue couldn't do my job better on. DKs and warriors seem stronger on any type of cleave/multi target fight. I would say from my experience this tier, the melee hierarchy is: Rogue>>>>DK/Warrior>Feral/Ret>Monk (don't raid/haven't seen an enhance shammy in like, ever). Average ilvl of the melee in my guild is about 513, if that helps.

    Ranged is just in another league, especially multidotters (surprise surprise) so it's pretty futile imo comparing to them.

    I can only imagine what the disparity may be like in heroics. It just feels like, as a kitty, unless you're allowed to sit on a boss the entire fight, it will be hard to pull good numbers compared to everyone else. That's just my opinion, take it as you will :P

  8. #8
    I'm finding that some fights are more suited for ranged over melee, and adapting to such fights are difficult when comparing damage to other classes. Other than that, pre-heroic, fights are relatively tuned accordingly. I'm able to parse on nearly all fights (top 200 WoL) even being undergeared (I still need a weapon...)

  9. #9
    I really think Ferals are fine this tier, I can't think of a single fight that is actually bad for us. I myself am playing in a 25man guild and I feel Ferals are sitting behind rogues closely we just need the ilvl. (currently 524 ilvl, getting top 10 pareses on every fight pretty much, some all class 100). When it comes to my personal raid I'm pretty much top dps on all fights but Dark animus/Primodius/Council but still top 3.

    I really think people just need to get used to the new boss mechanics and learn to deal with them properly and do as much as they can as a Feral druid.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post

    Regarding how Feral is doing this tier... From the perspective a heroic raider, I would say we're very mediocre. There are few encounters where we really shine (Jikun, possibly Twin Consorts and Lei Shen) and more than just a couple where we're outclassed by almost everyone (Horridon, Council, Durumu, Primordius).

    Looking at Horridon, Council, Durumu, Primordius on Raidbot Feral is 45% lower on 25H and 70% lower on 10H. Pretty hard to justify a raid spot for Feral on those fights.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 05:50 PM ----------

    Method was 1 Feral in all blues, his gear ranking is 220th out of 226 in their guild. I think it's safe to say Method considers Feral non-viable for high end raiding.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Method was 1 Feral in all blues, his gear ranking is 220th out of 226 in their guild. I think it's safe to say Method considers Feral non-viable for high end raiding.
    While it may provide some insight to high end raiding, that has very small applicability to the general wow population. When someone says "non-viable," that implies that their damage is so low that you probably won't complete encounters using that spec. They could be sub-optimal, certainly, but I highly doubt bringing a feral will prevent you from killing normal modes and most heroics. If you're at the level of raiding where bringing a "less than top 5" dps is detrimental, then you probably aren't on a forum asking how others are finding the spec.

    Method didn't use a disc priest on Heroic Lei Shen, doesn't mean they aren't viable.

  12. #12
    I agree with what Projali said, I think it's a bit misleading comparing most ferals position in relation to the top 25man guild in the world. That said;

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidums View Post
    I really think Ferals are fine this tier, I can't think of a single fight that is actually bad for us. I myself am playing in a 25man guild and I feel Ferals are sitting behind rogues closely we just need the ilvl. (currently 524 ilvl, getting top 10 pareses on every fight pretty much, some all class 100). When it comes to my personal raid I'm pretty much top dps on all fights but Dark animus/Primodius/Council but still top 3.

    I really think people just need to get used to the new boss mechanics and learn to deal with them properly and do as much as they can as a Feral druid.
    I'm really convinced that, for me, it's just a gear issue. I'm only ilvl 513 and still have 504 Gao-Rei. Looking at logs, simming other druids compared to me, having at least a 522 weapon seems to be making a huge difference. My guild will be working on Lei Shen 25 next week so hopefully that will give me another chance at getting a weapon.

    I guess it's more of a situation of YMMV, gear having a huge influence on numbers.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    While it may provide some insight to high end raiding, that has very small applicability to the general wow population. When someone says "non-viable," that implies that their damage is so low that you probably won't complete encounters using that spec. They could be sub-optimal, certainly, but I highly doubt bringing a feral will prevent you from killing normal modes and most heroics. If you're at the level of raiding where bringing a "less than top 5" dps is detrimental, then you probably aren't on a forum asking how others are finding the spec.

    Method didn't use a disc priest on Heroic Lei Shen, doesn't mean they aren't viable.

    Their most geared healing spec is Dis Priests so it's safe to say they use Disc Priests quite a lot. Taking a wider view and doing an average of all parses, Feral is pretty low. About 10% in Normal and 20% in Heroic. Feral is even doing shockingly poor on Jinrokh, both Normal and Heroic and both 10 man and 25 man. If Feral isn't topping meters on that fight they don't have much hope on heavy target switching fights.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2013-04-06 at 09:29 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    While it may provide some insight to high end raiding, that has very small applicability to the general wow population. When someone says "non-viable," that implies that their damage is so low that you probably won't complete encounters using that spec. They could be sub-optimal, certainly, but I highly doubt bringing a feral will prevent you from killing normal modes and most heroics. If you're at the level of raiding where bringing a "less than top 5" dps is detrimental, then you probably aren't on a forum asking how others are finding the spec.

    Method didn't use a disc priest on Heroic Lei Shen, doesn't mean they aren't viable.
    While it may not be applicable following standard logic, the WoW population has never followed that logic. T11 and Shaman. There being 0 Shaman in any of the top guild kills had a direct impact to Pug and Guild recruitment. When the entire PVE population looks to these guilds, watches their videos for strats, etc. they're going to notice a spec missing and it will have an impact on the rest of the population.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •