Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry Should Blizz refund?

Q. I need some thought out opinions on this matter and weather or not sure if i should continue to follow up on this but here's the situation.
    I had downed a raid boss and had won the roll but could not loot the raid boss because of a glitch, nether could anyone else in the raid. so i opened a ticket to hopefully get the loot i won. it took 4 days to get back to me about the loot. and they had granted it. here's where the problem is. Sometime in between those 4 days i ended up valor capping and decided to buy a new upgrade. (don't know its it relevant but i had totals forgot that i had that ticket open 2 days earlier) now i have the back piece i won off the raid boss and another valor back piece. i opened a follow up ticket and to ask if i could have the valor piece refunded since i have no need for two cloaks and was denied by the gm stating (paraphrased) i cant "rent" gear.

now my intent was not to "rent" the gear. if i had not won the roll i probably would of made the same purchase.
    likewise if i had gotten the drop when i should of i would of chose to buy some much needed pants upgrade.
    because of a game error i did not receive something that i had won and the unusual amount of time it took for a gm to respond. I ended up spending my resources to get the back piece just to receive another which i should of got 4 days earlier.

Do you think blizzard should refund the purchased gear since it was subsequently bought on the results of the game glitch?

i know they don't normal refund items past the 2 hour refund timer but i read that exceptions have be made.
    Do you think if i had the right GM they would of refunded the valor points for the gear?

Thanks i appreciate your opinions. i think i'm to frustrated by the loss that i cant decide if its legit or not to be.

No, remember to remember next time.

Nope, they should not refund.

I've spoken to senior gm regarding the matter of refunding not so long time ago. He claimed that they are forbidden to do it so I'm afraid that you are stuck with two cloaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

/10chars

Deleted
    Uhh...no? You bought the piece while you knew you won something in raid. Because you could not wait until they GMs react you bought another cloak. If you would have gotten the cloak directly you would have bought something else, so why didn't you buy something else directly as you would get the cloak soon? It is your fault. And not a wise one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I've spoken to senior gm regarding the matter of refunding not so long time ago. He claimed that they are forbidden to do it so I'm afraid that you are stuck with two cloaks.
    i fear you may be right, do you think its legit to be upset about this? should i try a new ticket?

No, once you wasted your valor points there is not anything blizz can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by teckonte View Post
    i fear you may be right, do you think its legit to be upset about this? should i try a new ticket?
    no. and no.

10char
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Yes, makes sense, be upset because you fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    A simple no.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if I understand the story correctly:
    -on day 0 you win a cloak but it's glitches and you cannot loot it. You make a ticket asking if you can get the cloak since you won it and it glitched
    -on day 2 you decide to buy a cloak with valor points with the ticket still open.
    -on day 4 you receive the cloak you won, having 2 cloaks

I don't think they should refund anything, it was your mistake to buy the cloak while the ticket was still open and now you have to take the consequences. Not that it matters since they don't refund valor points anyway. Blizzard follows the same logic as clothing stores, they ain't refunding clothes you've been using for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Uhh...no? You bought the piece while you knew you won something in raid. Because you could not wait until they GMs react you bought another cloak. If you would have gotten the cloak directly you would have bought something else, so why didn't you buy something else directly as you would get the cloak soon? It is your fault. And not a wise one.
    it wasn't intentional i was valor caped and needed to spend valor and after 2 days i wasn't even thinking about the ticket i could of bought few other things instead

Maybe they should've gotten back to yous earlier, they probably had other customers to attend to first. But somewhere down the line you made the decision to not wait around anymore and get an upgrade yourself. So no, I don't think you have any reason to get a refund. You made your bed and now have to lie in it, that's all.

Deleted
    it wasn't intentional i was valor caped and needed to spend valor and after 2 days i wasn't even thinking about the ticket i could of bought few other things instead
    And this is Blizzards problem how?

Giving the refund would lead to people potentially abusing the system.

Do I fell for you, sure but you should consider your Valor spending wisely.

No. If you got a refund you would have managed to pool VP up above the cap, which would be unfair.

It was still your fault though in blizzard's eyes thus you wont get a refund.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    No.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm owed a piece of loot and had to spend the time making out a ticket to get it, I'd remember it was coming.

You didn't and that's fine, but it's doesn't change that it was your mistake. Sorry and better luck next time.

i guess i been focusing on the bug part. I'll just have to eat the weeks vp maybe ill get lucky and get another drop to make up for it :

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    You have to be REALLY insisting and persuasive to pull a refund off. An acquaintance of mine got a senior gm to exchange his guardian shoulders he accidentally bought, enchanted and used for a good week with the correct feral ones but this is currently the only case I know personally of it worked.
    On topic certainly not - their ticket response time is pretty atrocious but well that's bad luck. Try using the words that you are stuck or something if it's kinda urgent. They will warn you for it but at least you get your ticket dealt with.