10+ Year Old Account

[Blood] Should i break T14 4pc?

hi there

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced this is my armory.

this week i reached honored status with the shadopan assault and can buy either cloak, hands or legs first. as you can see i'm currently wearing ilvl 496 setands, 483 setlegs and an ilvl 502 dps cloak for tanking. ilvl wise the legs would be my biggest upgrade.

i dont really know what to buy, i'm not really raiding ToT with this alt, and of course i'll do the other LFRs as well as 5.0 raids before i'm buying anything but in case i dont get an upgrade, what would be the best thing to buy next? and should i break the t14 4pc for the gain of secondary stats and stamina?

please pardon my english, not my first language and i'm in a hurry

thanks

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 08:38 PM ----------

an answer would be nice :x

4pc is worth 10%~ of your total mastery. If you get gear that is better than that value then you are set.

10+ Year Old Account
    The upgrade should be in the 900-1200 mastery range to be worth it with current gear.
    Sadly, you're in your dpsgear, so I can't check with your gear.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    so logged off in tankgear

I broke mine and I've not seen any real adverse affect. I held onto the two piece a little bit, but I don't have that either. I've been passing on this tier as ours is pretty lackluster, just been grabbing pieces with mastery or that were Thuderforged.

Here's my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A4t/advanced

The rep gloves are really nice

10+ Year Old Account
    well if the 4pc is really that great, i should probably aim for the cloak..

10+ Year Old Account
    The 4pc is that great because it increases a) your bloodshield (your mastery) by 10% AND b) your heals from DS by 10%.
    As you should be stacking mastery anyway, ~10k is a reasonable number for current gear (~500-510 ilvl) so the mastery part is another 1000 mastery ontop of the mastery you already have AND your deathstrike heals are also increased by 10%. This is a huge bonus and you shouldn't break it unless you get roughly 10% of your current mastery from the upgrades.
    Depending on your gear, this "magic number" is around 900-1200 mastery.

In your case, Xarganthos, it's a bit tricky. Your cloak is ilvl502 so it's not that bad (compared to your ilvl 483 pants), but breaking the 4pc and going from dodge/mastery to exp/dodge, you're even losing mastery. I'd buy the cloak for now - it's a dps cloak anyway, that you're currently wearing.
    You could also just buy the legs and look at the upgrade, you WILL lose out on a lot of mastery, but you gain also a shitton of Str, Stam and Exp. Experiment with it, maybe you can get some more mastery with reforges (since you gain 822 exp for your softcap).

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for your input i'll buy a cloak... should i buy the dps cloak (haste/mastery) or the tank one (hit/dodge)

Edit: just got leg and chest token.. so it would be possible to buy the rep legs / gloves without losing the 4pc any intel what would be best now?
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2013-04-06 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd still use the chest offset pieces... Jin'rokh with hit/mastery or the crafted 496 with hit/exp are superior in my taste. But it depends how you value accuracy stats and what you can get.

In your case tho, you should get the gloves. Durumu gloves are only slightly better because of the additional socket, but they are itemized poorly, so the rep gloves are kinda BiS (there are no BiS-lists, depends on your gearing strategy etc.)
    Cloakwise, I got the one from horridon hit/mastery, so I didnt have to choose.. I'd probably go for haste/mastery tho, since I'm not really doing any bosses undergeared currently (stuck at durumu with ilvl515... currently not even wearing 4pc because the additional dmg seems to be more important, but that depends hugely on your raid, comp and progress) and the mastery should trump dodge.

EDIT: Take my opinions with a grain of salt, I'm sure there is no right or wrong answer and I am just at the moment in a situation where my survival isn't an issue at all. When we started in ToT with ~495 raidilvl and myself sitting at 498, I didn't have any haste at all and I'd try to get as much defensive stats as possible (hit/expcapped then mastery > parry >= dodge, forget haste/crit) but now with over 15ilvl more and not that much more progress or bosses really threatening my survival, I try to do as much dps as possible - without socketing or enchanting for dps)
    Last edited by rhapso; 2013-04-06 at 09:53 PM. Reason: why I do what I do

10+ Year Old Account
    problem is, should have said that, that my death knight wont see bosses like durumu in the near future. currently i'm happy if i can kill the first three bosses with him

thank you so far for your help, really appreciate it. i'm really unsure because the set chest has no mastery on it but with two yellow sockets its maybe not THAT bad :S

You may equalize your 4p to 10% but by ANY means it doesn't mean you can't break it if you don't have 10% mastery gain due other TEP values like stamina (!), dodge, parry, hit and expertise along with armor (a bit neglected but still important).
    IMO gather pieces that grants you around 1.5k~ stamina (other values come along the very gear pieces to fit as well) I don't have the correct math formula for TEP in this very particular situation. I do suggest to grab 2p t14 which is amazing IMO as additional magical damage mitigation clutch, especially when you have an HP boost from symbiosis, Rshaman's Vigor and etc.