Origin Account reset - Why is the password reset function currently down?

So I just received a mail that my Origin account password has succesfully been reset. Yay. Thing is, I didn't do any resetting and I haven't used my Origin account for as long as I can remember. In fact, I didn't even know/recall I had one. The mail is real and points to the actual EA webpage.

Surprisingly, when I requested a password reset after this confirmation, the service seems to be temporarily down and since I don't believe in multiple stacking cooincidences, I figure Origin is actually compromised and EA is fixing it asap, behind the scenes..

Let's face it:
    - I never play EA games. I should make that; I never buy EA games.
    - I don't have Origin.
    - I never log in on any Origin account
    - I can't even recall the day I made an Origin account
    - The password reset function is down right after this occurs.

Spooky.

So, anyone else that received the same sort of email?
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-04-04 at 01:47 PM.

I never get any emails from them, but Origin tends to forget my password on a monthly basis. I have a little sticky paper list of all the passwords I've used for it so far.

I would suspect someone using my gmail account to just reset it, but the log shows only my computers IP to have been the only one to access it, so I don't know what's going on. Found no key logging software on here either, and if there was, why target the Origin account when my email has so much more interesting information.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-04-04 at 03:20 PM.