Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Yeah they were $175 the last one also. In fact, this is the first time the ticket price has not gone up from the previous Blizzcon. The haven't been $100 since the first one I think.

Possibly not the best idea to book the hotel in advance (lots of people end up with hotel rooms and no tickets that way) but if you are really insistent on going, then you can pretty much guarantee that you will get a ticket, as Blizzard has not yet found a good way to stop the ticket scalpers from buying up a large amount (sometimes I think the majority) of tickets just so they can put them on ebay. The only question is how much you will end up paying for it.
    Thanks for the info. I've booked the Marriott next to the convention center. I can still cancel it free of charge as long as I do that before the end of September. If I don't get the tickets through the Blizzcon website we probably stay at home and get the stream instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Yeah they were $175 the last one also. In fact, this is the first time the ticket price has not gone up from the previous Blizzcon. The haven't been $100 since the first one I think.

Possibly not the best idea to book the hotel in advance (lots of people end up with hotel rooms and no tickets that way) but if you are really insistent on going, then you can pretty much guarantee that you will get a ticket, as Blizzard has not yet found a good way to stop the ticket scalpers from buying up a large amount (sometimes I think the majority) of tickets just so they can put them on ebay. The only question is how much you will end up paying for it.
    Ugh, I hate misinformation. No, lots of people do not book hotels and end up with no tickets. You can cancel hotel bookings until the end of September if you went thru the Blizzcon site. If you went through the hotel site, you can cancel probably up to 72 hours in advance.

You would be stupid to not book a hotel now, because good luck getting a room once tickets sell at. Already have my room at the Mariott!

Quote Originally Posted by Lastkaii View Post
    Ugh, I hate misinformation. No, lots of people do not book hotels and end up with no tickets. You can cancel hotel bookings until the end of September if you went thru the Blizzcon site. If you went through the hotel site, you can cancel probably up to 72 hours in advance.

You would be stupid to not book a hotel now, because good luck getting a room once tickets sell at. Already have my room at the Mariott!
    *shrug* Awesome if thats true. I'm simply going off the tons of people I see crying about how they already booked flight+hotel but couldn't get tickets and were stuck with bookings, every time the tickets sell out. I never booked a hotel until after I had secured tickets and have never had a problem getting a room within blocks of the convention center, easily within walking distance. The convention center being right across the street from Disneyland means there are literally thousands of rooms available within a mile of the convention center. I'm not picky about where I stay as long as the room is clean since the room is just a place to store my stuff and sleep. I could see how getting a room at the Mariott or the Hilton that is right outside the convention center doors requires booking way in advance though.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2013-04-04 at 04:07 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

15+ Year Old Account
    I vote for a Blizzcon in London so I can go :3

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladins, demon hunters, and Ghosts

demon hunters

Not sure if any significance to the 'demon hunter' being mentioned for no proper reason out of the blue whatsoever, but it does seem... relevant.

Agh, screw that - they mean D3 Demon Hunter of course.

Ghost = Starcraft II
    Demon Hunter = Diablo III
    Paladin = World of Warcraft

Either that, or they are referring to WoW, and they will have 2 new classes; Demon Hunters and Etherials since there is a strong probability the next expansion will be Burning Legion based. We have received hints about Illidans return and speculation was that he would be redeemed and be the master Demon Hunter so to speak. The etherials would be a stretch, but if they got a bit of work, they could become a playable race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Either that, or they are referring to WoW, and they will have 2 new classes; Demon Hunters and Etherials since there is a strong probability the next expansion will be Burning Legion based. We have received hints about Illidans return and speculation was that he would be redeemed and be the master Demon Hunter so to speak. The etherials would be a stretch, but if they got a bit of work, they could become a playable race.
    I would love that

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    You guys really read into this way too much. They were referring to WoW, D3 and SC2. Not making allusions.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Paladins, demon hunters, and Ghosts

demon hunters

Not sure if any significance to the 'demon hunter' being mentioned for no proper reason out of the blue whatsoever, but it does seem... relevant.

Agh, screw that - they mean D3 Demon Hunter of course.

Ghost = Starcraft II
    Demon Hunter = Diablo III
    Paladin = World of Warcraft
    Perhaps something tricker?

Ghost - SC2
    Demon Hunter - New class for the next WoW expansion?
    Paladin - New class for D3 expansion?

Deleted
    what murloc pet will we get for buying a ticket I wonder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill be going this year as i have been going all the other times, i live 20 minutes away from the convention center so i dont have to worry about getting a hotel : )

Are Blizzcon purchases tied to Battle.net accounts nowadays? Are you able to buy a ticket for someone else/for resale?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOZOGOK View Post
    what murloc pet will we get for buying a ticket I wonder.
    A Murloc Titan obviously!

http://sillylittlefish.files.wordpre...1/01/titan.jpg

But then in Murloc form

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Best thing about Blizzcon is knowing there will be big annoucements. Whole reason there wasn't Blizzcon 2012 was due to no announcements, after all!

So...

Titan? Previews, maybe. Release date or demo footage unlikely.

Diablo 3 expansion? Perhaps.

Hints at the next WoW expansion? Maybe, but not as likely.

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void? Unlikely, but I can dream.

Sigh... Seriously? How can you not know that expansions are announced every 2 years? Blizzcon events are so predictable its not even funny. There is definitely going to be a trailer for the next WoW expansion, the next Diablo expansion and for Legacy of the Void. The only thing they might not show is Titan.

Next year there won't be a Blizzcon cause they won't have nothing to show. The next Blizzcon will be in 2015. This is the same reason that they didn't have a Blizzcon in 2012, cause they had nothing to show and they saw what happened in 2010, which was the worst Blizzcon ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Sigh... Seriously? How can you not know that expansions are announced every 2 years? Blizzcon events are so predictable its not even funny. There is definitely going to be a trailer for the next WoW expansion, the next Diablo expansion and for Legacy of the Void. The only thing they might not show is Titan.

Next year there won't be a Blizzcon cause they won't have nothing to show. The next Blizzcon will be in 2015. This is the same reason that they didn't have a Blizzcon in 2012, cause they had nothing to show and they saw what happened in 2010, which was the worst Blizzcon ever.
    There is nothing showing there won't be a Blizzcon next year. The reason they didn't have it last year is because they were too busy with multiple game releases. They had one the year before just fine and announced some stuff, and the year before that and announced nothing.

I actually think they are just as likely to have a Blizzcon next year because they wouldn't be releasing any full games and they would have more Titan info to give.

2010 was a fine Blizzcon. Blizzcon isn't just for announcing things, and if people go there expecting that they are going for the wrong reasons and shouldn't go at all. Blizzcon is for the community, for connecting with Blizzard, and for the fun of it. They can keep doing Blizzcon every year and not announce a single thing more and people would still go.

inb4 Pretty much confirmed demon hunter will be a new wow class

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Best thing about Blizzcon is knowing there will be big annoucements. Whole reason there wasn't Blizzcon 2012 was due to no announcements, after all!

So...

Titan? Previews, maybe. Release date or demo footage unlikely.

Diablo 3 expansion? Perhaps.

Hints at the next WoW expansion? Maybe, but not as likely.

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void? Unlikely, but I can dream.

Huh? I'll guarantee they do a full reveal on WoW's next expansion at this years Blizzcon.

Wonder what kind of murloc pet we get this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Huh? I'll guarantee they do a full reveal on WoW's next expansion at this years Blizzcon.
    Yeah I am fully expecting an announcement regarding the next expansion + gameplay footage and race/class previews, along with something SC or Diablo related and likely the Titan reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Perhaps something tricker?

Ghost - SC2
    Demon Hunter - New class for the next WoW expansion?
    Paladin - New class for D3 expansion?

It could be true. I'm not accepting it as a fact, but it certainly makes a lot of sense. It's typical Blizzard, and it's not like we haven't seen paladins and paladin-like classes before. A lot of people are thinking paladins will become the next D3 class, so it actually all fitis into place. It also makes you wonder why they'd choose exactly those names, what with how a BL-expac is pretty much near-confirmed; if it's not next expac, it's the one after that.

Not holding my breath, but it would make sense.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.