Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ever had a "Too good to be true" moment in WoW?

Have you ever had a "Too Good to be True" moment in WoW?

-------------------------

-I was browsing the Mounts section of the AH, and stumbled across a Swift Springstrider (Noblegarden mount) for 5g BO.
    -I had a very lucky streak in LFR Mogu'Shan Vaults. I won 6 pieces of loot in a row, in a single run (as in, 1st section, then 2nd section in a row).
    -I was killing Warbringers with a Blood DK on my Elem shaman. We were lucky enough to see 2 mounts drop within 5 rare kills. Then he invited a friend, and that friend won another mount that dropped not long later. Then another person joined, and the DK won the final mount that dropped for the day. That was a very depressing end to 4 hours of farming. (I didn't get nuffin', I tells ya! MUFFIN!)
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Found 2 dancing steel on AH today for 10g BO, had resold em for 7k each 10min later =D

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, these are NOT "too good to be true" stories because they are both "good" and "true". BUT I am glad you both had such good luck! :-)
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A haunting spirt last night 300, sold it for 25k

bo ris off our first trash kill in ToT tuesday night

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real luck I've ever had come about was at the beginning of Cata. During the "Greatfather Winter" event, I ran regular Stonecore shortly after hitting 85 to try and get the holiday hat from the last boss. This was only my, MAYBE, 3rd time in this instance; the Vitreous Stone drake dropped and I won. The group tank offered me 2k gold for it, then rage dropped when I declined, after pulling 3 groups of mobs, of course.

Of course, it was thrown back in my face when a friend ran TK a total of 5 times and got Ashes. I'm on run 34 -_-

Deleted
    too good to be true aie... Well back in vanilla I was a fresh faced 60 farming UBRS and strat for my rogue blue set and trying to scrape together the 1k gold needed for 100% speed mount (was a HUGE gold sink back then).

One morning log on to find 900g sat in my mail box from 'unknown'. To this day I have NO idea who it was sent it to me. None of my guildies owned up to it and since whoever sent it deleted the toon they used I had no way of knowing.

Felt pretty damned good being one of the few running round at top speed with my carrot on a stick trinket ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Sorry, these are NOT "too good to be true" stories because they are both "good" and "true". BUT I am glad you both had such good luck! :-)
    Seeing as "too good to be true" is an idiom, and doesn't mean the reference actually isn't true, it was just so good it hardly seemed possible to be true, they used it correctly. Start breaking down the idioms in everyone's speech and hardly anything will make sense at face value. In fact, we can't really be sure what the posters are saying are indeed, true, as you stated, so the the statement could technically even be correct at face value, we just have no way of knowing for sure, but I'll take their word for it. Either way those stories are accurately "too good to be true". =)

For me, getting the blue proto drake the first time I ever ran UP was too good to be true.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2013-04-04 at 03:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got Baron Rivendare's mount on my very first stratholme run. I was like, isn't this rather rare?

Deleted
    Never farmed Zulian tiger, but on the last ever reset of the place before it was removed in the shattering me and a friend decided to do it just for fun, mount dropped and he let me have it! probably killed tiger boss a total of 3 times in my life. It's the only mount i use

I also got the Blue proto drake when my friend was farming it with another friend, the other friend couldn't make it one day so i went with him to help out, it dropped and i needed on it and used it in front of him, you may think that's mean but back in the days of wotlk, me and him were farming raven lord when you had to have a druid with the orb, i was the druid with the orb and after about 2 months it dropped and he won it and used it, i've never seen it drop since....
    Last edited by mmoc6b2e334cb2; 2013-04-04 at 04:05 PM.

Deleted
    Oldschool zg tiger during wotlk solo runs till eyes bleeded .. was drunk after party with some friends decided to run before reset quickly for lolz and boom there we go !!!

Ran Brewfest instance, kill boss, open up loot bag and see....BOTH Brewfest mounts.

...this isn't normal, right? Please don't shatter my moment.
    Last edited by pld; 2013-04-04 at 05:01 PM.

I joined a TK run last year, some time in June. There were three other people doing it with me. I did it for fun, the achievement, and if I was lucky, maybe even some transmog gear.

And of course, the mount drops, and I win it. It was funny to see my guild's reaction when I got the feat of strength for the mount. It went something like:

Me: Hey, guess what?

Guild: What?

<My Character> has earned the achievement: [Ashes of A'lar]

Guild: OWHKEBAWSBEPLWNPOIEBWAOINHEOANBWKLJENAWKJBEAWNHEHBPOIGHAWOFDN
    Running away and looking like a BAMF since 1998.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was mailed my Vial of the Sands mount from a random stranger who told me I was nice enough to give his lowbie hunter 300 gold and 4 bags when he logged in and saw me doing the same for 5 other people in a starting zone. He said he was "paying it forward". Technically, the mount only cost me 1K gold and 20 Netherweave bags

Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    Got Baron Rivendare's mount on my very first stratholme run. I was like, isn't this rather rare?
    Same exact thing I was going to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in wrath i found a battered hilt on the auction house for something like 99 gold. I resold it for 10k. I assume the guy meant to put it up for 9999

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    too good to be true aie... Well back in vanilla I was a fresh faced 60 farming UBRS and strat for my rogue blue set and trying to scrape together the 1k gold needed for 100% speed mount (was a HUGE gold sink back then).

One morning log on to find 900g sat in my mail box from 'unknown'. To this day I have NO idea who it was sent it to me. None of my guildies owned up to it and since whoever sent it deleted the toon they used I had no way of knowing.

Felt pretty damned good being one of the few running round at top speed with my carrot on a stick trinket ^_^
    I got a theory about that because I was on the other side of the fence.

I transfered servers years ago before TBC.Like everyone I had a bank alt.After reaching the destination server I try to create the bank alt with the same name but it was not available so I choose another name.

I send (around 40-50 arcanite bars...a fortune) items to the bank alt and ....yeah,im pretty sure everyone gets it by now: I send it to the guy with the name of my previous bank (two years habit).It was one of those moments where your neural synapsis are working at the same time your finger press button while you scream "NOOOO!!!!!!" but the finger acts for itself.

It was not my "too good to be true" moment but im sure it was for someone else

10+ Year Old Account
    When I died in Icewing Bunker in AV, resurrected myself (as a Shaman), was healed up from a priest who stood outside of the bunker. There was literally 0.5 sec. left before I could interrupt the one allie who wanted to recap.

With that interrupt I helped 39 others (which had no clue) win their AV.

Was identical in epicness to that video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0YDncTC5k8

Deleted
    I'd say the biggest one was finding the time lost proto drake on my second day of camping 5 mins after logging in.
    Oh and there was also that time when a random guy in orgrimmar yelled that he was quitting the game and was giving his money away all we had to do was go to him and open trade window, everyone thought he was trolling so I went there where he said he was and he gave me 65000g.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got White Hawkstrider AND Fiery Warhorse on first runs trying to farm them. Not as ridiculous but I was tipped 10k for making the 522 tank helm the other day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    I always see it a something that hardly ever happens and you can't believe it actually did. Like winning some loot in LFR I am always like "this is to good to be true"