the new looking for battleground

Hey everyone

I was wondering. When this LFR style for battlegrounds becomes available, what changes to you think you will see in bg's?

1. Botting - now that there is roles, do you feel this will reduce the chance of seeing bots?
    2. Balance in BGs - do you feel that will have a better advantage (either to new or experienced pvper's) to get a better chance at wins?
    3. Premades - Considering that premades normally use bg's to help gear others friends, do you see this as being a change?
    4. Experienced PvPer's - Do you feel this change will help others that are trying to gear not feel like they are getting pummeled by other players that have better gear?
    5. Que times - Do you think it will increase/decrease the amount of time queing up for a bg?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.
    Last edited by Ziene; 2013-04-04 at 03:54 PM.

I really doubt it'll have much impact on anything. Battleground roles will slightly narrow the imbalances RNG is capable of throwing out, but it'll still have no trouble accidentally stacking one team against the other. With how many people seem to be playing healers nowadays I doubt queue times will be more than marginally impacted, but the only possible result is that they'll be slower. Adding restrictions to groups always means there's more potential to be waiting on that one person. I suspect the most observable result will simply be that cries of "we have less healers gg blizz fml fix plz" will become "we have more retard/bot healers gg blizz fml fix plz."

By the way, does anyone know whether tanks are a rostered role in this tool? I know tanks aren't as common a problem as healers in battlegrounds (and mostly just played by undergeared players and non-pvpers), but it would be really cool to never join a group with three blood DKs again.

1. I doubt it has much, if any, effect on bots. If they'd make it where you had to do a captcha before joining, that would help.
    2. Assuming they work out how to prevent people from queuing false roles, this can only help balance. It's a very good thing.
    3. I don't think premades will be affected, other than running into more balanced random teams. That's also a good thing to me.
    4. I've not read anything related to gear matching. If you're referring to the item level cap, it won't affect anything but raiders.
    5. The queue times will likely increase for nonhealers, but it's still too good of an idea not to use. Longer queues are worth it.

a queue system that looks at your ilvl would be lovely. but then it also needs to see if its pvp or pve gear. because a 5xx ilvl vs a 496(cap right?) pvp geared will stand no change. while a 5xx geared will probebly up par with a 470 geared pvper.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just hope, a tank won't be a "must have class" and you can go with only dmg / healer
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I just hope, a tank won't be a "must have class" and you can go with only dmg / healer
    Same. Tanks are generally extremely annoying to deal with. And not every flag carrier has to be a tank (druids, rogues).

The Tank role should be changed to "Flag Carrier" role tbh.

I actually forsee the typical mentality of getting what you want at everyone else's expense. Expect to see lots of people queuing as healers and then not healing, or queuing as healers and then playing smite/denounce/wrath/lightningbolt/cracklinglighting specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Same. Tanks are generally extremely annoying to deal with. And not every flag carrier has to be a tank (druids, rogues).

The Tank role should be changed to "Flag Carrier" role tbh.
    I generally rarely have a problem with most people playing prot specs in random bgs. For some reason, most of them are terrible players. They all have this common trait which is backpedaling and clicking. Most of them have no idea how their classes survival mechanics work and basically drop as fast as any other dps. It's almost a rarity to find a really good tank in a random bg and when you do... it does suck to be on the receiving end of it.

Skyrocketed queue times and DPS geared morons queuing as Healers just to saver time. That's all I expect. If people want balanced, fair games then queue up for fucking RBGs.

I look forward to a 15 second random queues skyrocketing to 15 minutes just to be jammed into a game with our Druid healer sitting in Cat stealth the entire game, while making 1/10th the honor I did before, to the point where PvP gearing through dungeons and JP conversions becomes even more efficient than actually PvPing.
    Last edited by Millie; 2013-04-05 at 02:03 AM.

I doubt it makes a difference to bots, they may all queue as heals for the shorter queue though.

I'm waiting for them to announce how strictly comp will be enforced. If it's 2-3 heals and dps, equal for both sides, I think it's a big improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I very much doubt it. Blizzard doesn't like tanks in non rated BGs.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 02:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I generally rarely have a problem with most people playing prot specs in random bgs. For some reason, most of them are terrible players. They all have this common trait which is backpedaling and clicking. Most of them have no idea how their classes survival mechanics work and basically drop as fast as any other dps. It's almost a rarity to find a really good tank in a random bg and when you do... it does suck to be on the receiving end of it.
    Most of the ones I see are FCs and rarely go anywhere without 2-3 heals on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.