Deleted

Paladin Holy T15 4 Set.

Hey.

Apologies if this thread has been brought up already (if it has feel free to sack this post and just merge into other one, which I couldn't find). I recently got the T15 4set and since getting it I have noticed a drastic drop in my healing. I expected it to be a decent increase, going from LFR T14 (Bad luck) to normal T15 but I feel the opposite is true.

To anyone who has it, how are you finding it?

The problems I have with it,

1.) BoL is on a 3 second CD so I cannot just swap to a DPS for 1 heal (glyphed). Minimum is 2 which leads to overhealing on the DPS and not using it on someone else to be beneficial.
    2.) Larger % of healing through BoL which diminishes Mastery slightly.
    3.) Less Eternal Flames due to 2 seconds longer on Holy Shock which causes;
    4.) More mana usage due to less Holy Power
    5.) Value of Holy Avenger and Divine Purpose is lowered due to less Holy Power generation.

I am really not sure whether I just need to get used to a new way of playing or whether the T14 set is so much stronger, even the LFR version, that I should stick with that and then just upgrade as much as possible in 5.3?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1.) BoL is on a 3 second CD so I cannot just swap to a DPS for 1 heal (glyphed). Minimum is 2 which leads to overhealing on the DPS and not using it on someone else to be beneficial.
    This problem is not really detrimental in and of itself. The extra 20% transfer to BoL is at no extra cost to you time or mana wise. The T14 set bonus did not alleviate the problem of beacon overhealing. The T15 set may have made the amount of overhealing more, but you must also consider that since the T14 set bonus allowed more HP dumping spells, the amount of overhealing done here may be fairly equivalent to the overhealing from an additional 20% transfer.

2.) Larger % of healing through BoL which diminishes Mastery slightly.
    Since we're already overhealing with BoL, I don't see how the value of Mastery is diminished. In fact, I would argue that since you can now put less EF on people, you want to value Mastery more so each HP spell you do gains more from illuminated healing.

3.) Less Eternal Flames due to 2 seconds longer on Holy Shock which causes;
    4.) More mana usage due to less Holy Power
    5.) Value of Holy Avenger and Divine Purpose is lowered due to less Holy Power generation.
    Point 4 here is obviously offset by the stats bonuses from T14 to T15. But what is not often considered is the change in play style that comes with the change due to the stat bonuses. In a time before the T14 set bonus, using holy shock on cooldown was still important, but more casting spells had to be weaved in rather than simply spamming instant casts which the T14 set allowed us to do. We now have to resort to this style. If we continue playing in the style of T14, we will be having a lot of down time waiting for our HS casts to be up. It will be a hard transition to casting two things (god forbid) between holy shock casts but some change in the playstyle is pretty much necessary with a switch in the tier set.

For point 5, I would argue that at the least Holy Avenger is more valued with T15 with the same reason I said above for mastery. You will be able to use less HP dumping abilities therefore spells which give you free or 1/3 free HP abilities are now more valued. I think DP might go down in value as you would have less opportunities to proc it. However, it may be that this change has caused using 2 HP EF (something that would cost roughly the amount of time that it would take to generate 3 EF in T14) is now the best use of the spell for DP procs. Even though now you have a lower proc chance if you still have the same number of chances to proc it (or less) you may off set the lower proc chance by the increase in stats.