Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mark Sandord wins a runoff election for a seat in Congress

Really guys? Really? Like really really? REALLY?! You gotta be kidding me. Oh my god come'on.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post

Really guys? Really? Like really really? REALLY?! You gotta be kidding me. Oh my god come'on.
    Is the worst thing he did have an affair? I think that's the guy right? I'm a bit ignorant on it tbh all I did was a quick google search. But if that's it, than give the guy a break. It's his own personal life.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeakanice View Post
    Is the worst thing he did have an affair? I think that's the guy right? I'm a bit ignorant on it tbh all I did was a quick google search. But if that's it, than give the guy a break. It's his own personal life.
    I really chuckled. Giving politicians a break, is this what it has come to?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    I really chuckled. Giving politicians a break, is this what it has come to?
    I mean if all he did was cheat on his wife it really isn't our business.

Wasn't he the guy running against Stephen Colbert's sister? He is not going to be happy...

People who run the country should always be put at the highest moral pedestal. They are running the country.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    People who run the country should always be put at the highest moral pedestal. They are running the country.
    Okay, as long as you agree that Clinton should have been kicked out of presidency then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Wasn't he the guy running against Stephen Colbert's sister? He is not going to be happy...
    She was running as a Democrat in South Carolina. Is it really that surprising an outcome?

Tell that to the media who absolutely smeared Herman Cain during the Republican primaries for allegedly having an appropriate encounter.

Oh wait, they hold Democrats to a different standard, I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    She was running as a Democrat in South Carolina. Is it really that surprising an outcome?
    The election isn't until May 7th I thought? http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-mark-sanford/

Yep the election isn't until May 7th Sanford won the primary. So far from current polls Colbert-Busch is leading by 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    The election isn't until May 7th I thought? http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-mark-sanford/

Yep the election isn't until May 7th Sanford won the primary. So far from current polls Colbert-Busch is leading by 3 points.
    Hm. Apparently I misread the title and misunderstood that these are Republican primary results, and not elections results.

My mistake.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Tell that to the media who absolutely smeared Herman Cain during the Republican primaries for allegedly having an appropriate encounter.

Not sure where you gained the knowledge of my political standpoint and affiliation. However, I'm glad my response towards Arion where I said
    Okay, as long as you agree that Clinton should have been kicked out of presidency then.
    beat yours to make you look like a total tool.

10+ Year Old Account

In the case of Herman Cain, you can look at his fellow Republicans for a great deal of the smearing. The Republican primaries were brutal.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh ya... well he did reduce our debt by about a billion or so.... which is decent considering thats actually a decent portion of our debt at the time... its gone up since he left at a small rate

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 03:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Hm. Apparently I misread the title and misunderstood that these are Republican primary results, and not elections results.

My mistake.
    hes still gonna win honestly we dont like democrats much in the area
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

It's a little more involved than that.

"From June 18 until June 24, 2009, the whereabouts of Governor Sanford were unknown to the public, including his wife and State Law Enforcement Division, which provides security for him. The absence of Governor Sanford was first reported by Jim Davenport of the Associated Press.[4][5] This six day disappearance garnered nationwide news coverage. His state and personal phones were turned off and he did not respond to phone or text messages. That prompted some to believe that he was missing and raised questions about who was acting as governor of South Carolina. His wife, Jenny Sanford, initially stated that she was not concerned and that he needed time away from their children to write something.[6] Sanford has apparently made similar disappearances in the past, although this was the longest.[7] After media speculation grew, Sanford's office on June 22 stated that he told them where he was going before he left and that he would be "difficult to reach."[8] Later that day, Sanford's spokesman, Joel Sawyer, told the press that Sanford was hiking the Appalachian Trail.[1]
    Some South Carolina politicians voiced concerns about the governor's behavior. Lieutenant Governor André Bauer announced that he could not "take lightly that his staff has not had communication with him for more than four days, and that no one, including his own family, knows his whereabouts."[1] The Senate Minority Leader, Democrat John Land, also questioned the fact that Sanford was absent over the Father's Day weekend, arguing that "it's one thing for the boys to go off by themselves, but on Father's Day to leave your family behind? That's erratic."[6]
    On June 23, spokesman Sawyer reported that Sanford had contacted his staff that morning—after apparently being out of touch with them for five days—and expressed surprise at all of the attention to his absence. Sawyer announced that the governor had decided to return to work the next day.[6]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sa...marital_affair

It later came out that Sanford used public funds for his trips. As a result he was forced to reimburse the state. So it's a bit more involved than just an affair.

Not sure where you gained the knowledge of my political standpoint and affiliation. However, I'm glad my response towards Arion where I said beat yours to make you look like a total tool.
    What does your political affiliation have to do with my comment? Nothing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does your political affiliation have to do with my comment? Nothing.
    Oh? I read if as though you were attacking me for sort of sticking up for the guy. If I missread your post I apologize.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a South Carolinian I can tell you with a straight face that while his scandal was embarrassing for the state, he isn't close to the worst politician that we have. He originally had some very solid values on small government/financial conservatism. One interesting anecdote is when Sanford brought in two live hogs to the state house to protest all of the "pork" added to the budget by our "lovely" state senators. That being said his rise back after his fall is pretty damn funny.

All of this coming from a guy (me) who is neither republican or democrat.
    and boom goes the dynamite

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    It's a little more involved than that.

"From June 18 until June 24, 2009, the whereabouts of Governor Sanford were unknown to the public, including his wife and State Law Enforcement Division, which provides security for him. The absence of Governor Sanford was first reported by Jim Davenport of the Associated Press.[4][5] This six day disappearance garnered nationwide news coverage. His state and personal phones were turned off and he did not respond to phone or text messages. That prompted some to believe that he was missing and raised questions about who was acting as governor of South Carolina. His wife, Jenny Sanford, initially stated that she was not concerned and that he needed time away from their children to write something.[6] Sanford has apparently made similar disappearances in the past, although this was the longest.[7] After media speculation grew, Sanford's office on June 22 stated that he told them where he was going before he left and that he would be "difficult to reach."[8] Later that day, Sanford's spokesman, Joel Sawyer, told the press that Sanford was hiking the Appalachian Trail.[1]
    Some South Carolina politicians voiced concerns about the governor's behavior. Lieutenant Governor André Bauer announced that he could not "take lightly that his staff has not had communication with him for more than four days, and that no one, including his own family, knows his whereabouts."[1] The Senate Minority Leader, Democrat John Land, also questioned the fact that Sanford was absent over the Father's Day weekend, arguing that "it's one thing for the boys to go off by themselves, but on Father's Day to leave your family behind? That's erratic."[6]
    On June 23, spokesman Sawyer reported that Sanford had contacted his staff that morning—after apparently being out of touch with them for five days—and expressed surprise at all of the attention to his absence. Sawyer announced that the governor had decided to return to work the next day.[6]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sa...marital_affair

It later came out that Sanford used public funds for his trips. As a result he was forced to reimburse the state. So it's a bit more involved than just an affair.
    Oh okay. This guy now comes across as a total bafoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    oh ya... well he did reduce our debt by about a billion or so.... which is decent considering thats actually a decent portion of our debt at the time... its gone up since he left at a small rate

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 03:14 PM ----------

hes still gonna win honestly we dont like democrats much in the area
    If the voters are anything like the polls, Colbert-Busch is going to win.