Deleted

Tortos 10H, Frost or Fire?

Hey guys!

We just started progressing on Tortos Heroic 10man, and after this night, we noticed that the DPS on the bats, just wasn´t enough. We got overruned by them pretty hard, and whiped at like 75% 20 times.

So what do you think? Will Frost do better on this fight? With the DPS on the adds in focus.

I guess that Frost probably´s going to do better on the adds, but when it comes to all the movement, you might lose so much DPS on the boss, and on the Turtles, that it isn´t worth switching. So give me your opinion about it, and I´ll make up my mind until sunday!

Thanks / Liveet

Armory: http : //eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Liveet/simple
    Logs from tonights run : http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/221920/

Our Mage went arcane to slow the turtles.

Kind of hard to believe you need to spec to kill bats, our tank and DK were pretty much killing the bats by themselves, with a bit of help from our Hunter. You should kick turtles thru the bats when possible to help out as well. All your WoL attempts are <2 mins...how do you get overun by bats so fast?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post

Kind of hard to believe you need to spec to kill bats, our tank and DK were pretty much killing the bats by themselves, with a bit of help from our Hunter. You should kick turtles thru the bats when possible to help out as well. All your WoL attempts are <2 mins...how do you get overun by bats so fast?
    And that is exactly what happends. We dies at like 2-3 mins. I think that the attempts from tonight havent registred yet.

Although, what happends with the adds, is that it comes 1 pack, it doesnt get killed, the second pack comes, it doesnt get killed, and when the stomp hits, with all those adds, the tank just dies.

I don't know the frequency for the turtles spawn on 10m, but on 25m frost orb was up every time for when they spawn. your hunter should be dropping a frost trap too. I found frost to be the most manageable for this fight.

Fire is great for nuking the turtles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    And that is exactly what happends. We dies at like 2-3 mins. I think that the attempts from tonight havent registred yet.

Although, what happends with the adds, is that it comes 1 pack, it doesnt get killed, the second pack comes, it doesnt get killed, and when the stomp hits, with all those adds, the tank just dies.
    Make sure you have a stun for the bats every time tortos uses stomp so the tank doesn't get raped while he's stunned. That's what we did and it worked out good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Slow can only be applied to one target at a time, so using it to slow three turtles won't be very effective. Your mage could also switch fireball to frostfire bolt (using Glyph of Frostfire Bolt) to get a 40% slow (as compared to arcane's 50% Slow) for 8 seconds on any target, while remaining fire and (I assume) doing considerably more dps by spreading combustion from Tortos to the whirl turtles.

RE: the original topic - if you need more dps on the bats, go frost and use frozen orb on them. If you need more dps on the whirl turtles, go fire and spread combustion to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove the combust-glyph and spread it on the turtles every time they spawn. Ezy Pezy
    Why have a signature? What I just posted states how retarded I am anyways.

I'm frost but there's definitely a big advantage with fire on this fight, un-glyphed combustion can be up for each spawn of turtles - just nuke the boss, combust as they spawn and spread it for A LOT of damage. My guild hasn't downed it yet - we are trying to skip bats all together but I think frost would be better if your doing the bats for orb of frost, but that's just my opinion. The big advantage frost gives is that you can get slows on all of the turtles which is extremely important.

Just did this as fire and couldn't imagine switching to frost/arcane here. We didn't kill bats only kited them and I can't see a reason to kill those either unless your comp simply does not allow for them to be kited. Just time your combustion to go up around the time turtles pop out and spread to them as they reach his front two legs.

Deleted
    Hey, if u have a monk tank, you can kite all the time the bats (:
    If u want to onetank the the Boss use 3 Heal, if there are Bats let two heals spam on the Tank, that he/she never lose the schild from the crystal.

Personally for u go Fire and Spread all 2nd Turtle spawn a nice Combustion. (1 , 3 , 5 , and so on) Tell u Mates to use a CD rotation for the other Turtle Spawns.
    At the End you Turtle DMG should look like this http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=3911&e=4372 (on this kill iLvL 514) don't know yours, but it should maybe better. Your burst DMG to all the turtles should be rly high, that the other dd's can highly burst the Bats.
    Maybe it works for u. Good luck.

(I'm sry for my english )

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=e3n7fPudiwU
    here our first kill with the kite tactic, and me fully on turtles. (mage PoV)
    Last edited by mmoc9728f304ec; 2013-04-05 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    You can also ignore the bats completely by having the tank kite them for the entire fight around the room.

I playing frost and on this fight my primary job is to put and keep frostbolt's slow on every turtle, then nuke turtles, nuke boss (tank and melee deal with bats).
    Slowing turtles helps a lot here

Deleted
    Turtle slowing is an warlock job at our raid cause of the 70% slow up to three targets.

Some of our classes are primery on the turtles but the mages are quite efficient in bombing the bats.

I am playing Frost. Have been ranked on 2 in west. Think its quite ok.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7272&e=7781

Frost rocks for it. Not only does it hurt a LOAD on the bats with orb + coc glyph, freeze/ice ward or w/e u feel 3-4 gcd's are best spent after the bats are hit by a turtle. On the same time u can spend fof/bf procs on turtles + nt, raping em pretty good.
    It's the perfect mix of both doing inzane bat dmg and good turtle/tortos dmg (way enough for that we need in our raid at least - might be different with a lower overall raid dps)

last night heroic tortos:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ex...e=5655#Hasufer

dmg on turtles:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ex...655&target=114

dmg on bats:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ex...655&target=117

Deleted
    Frost if you raid don't have enough aoe for bats, Fire otherwise. If you don't aoe bats your dps is gonna be low but doesn't matter if you do a good job on turtles. Use combustion in each round of turtles.

If you have a monk tank, ignore bats and nuke turtles, nuke boss, loot.

We do the kite strat, I honestly never thought of our mages un-glyphing combustion. Does it really do a lot more damage if you un-glyph it? We seem to be a bit behind on turtles and I imagine this'll help?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezra View Post
    We do the kite strat, I honestly never thought of our mages un-glyphing combustion. Does it really do a lot more damage if you un-glyph it? We seem to be a bit behind on turtles and I imagine this'll help?
    If you unglyph combustion, it only lasts for ten seconds. Not sure if that would help. If you have multiple mages, I would want to try having them alternate when they use their glyphed combustion (i.e. one uses combustion on the first wave of turtles, another uses combustion on the second wave etc. because glyphed combustion is up every other wave). Just an idea.