BiS PvP SPriest Trinket?

Along with the obvious PvP trinket what is the BiS for a second trinket?

15+ Year Old Account
    On-use pvp trinket + CC break pvp trinket.

Power is everything, this isn't Cataclysm
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're Human you get to have BOTH the On-Use and Equip ones

On-Use is definitely tops.

Doesn't the on use trinket have less effective spell power when you're looking at it from a PvE standpoint?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Doesn't the on use trinket have less effective spell power when you're looking at it from a PvE standpoint?
    Not really an issue. They're a number of easily acquired trinkets much better for PvE.

The OP was obviously referring to PvP.

[H2P] Shadow BiS (Raid-No LMG)

15+ Year Old Account
    Tyrannical Gladiator's Badge of Dominance

For Shadowpriests, PvP Power is worth roughly 1.2 PP (pseudopower), or 1.2 times the value of Intellect. So if you want to try to approximate its PvP value, this trinket says:

1818 Intellect
    + 2881 Spellpower with 33% uptime

Or 960 average spellpower bonus - but remember that you are also using your on-use trinket during the time you are using all your burst damage, so it's functionally way higher than just averaging it out over the length of its cooldown.

So the PP value of this trinket is worth about 3000 even if you just use it on cooldown and Don't sync it with your burst, if you sync it with Devouring Plagues and Mindbender or Shadowfiend or Insanity or DI procs or Power Infusion - it obviously leaps way way up from there.

Then it also decreases the damage you take by 1.2%, except - when you already have 65% damage reduction (full pvp gear) -1.2% isn't 1.2%, it's 1.2 / 35 = 3.43% damage reduction, even with the diminishing return on resilience it's still going to be worth about 2.5-3% damage reduction on top of a like ~3000 PP value, that is only 3000 because it assumes your using it on cooldown, including when your CC'd or not on combat or Line of Sighting or the like: not syncing it with burst.

Lastly, it's also important to note that when comparing it to PvP trinkets - PvE PP values are calculated assuming PvE gear levels and stats, and full raid buffs - so even our BiS 541 item level trinket would look way less valuable if you were simming it around pvp stats that are probably close to half the spellpower / haste / crit / mastery levels of BiS PvE spriests: and all the synergies that results in.

As far as PvP is concerned, if it says "PvP power" and/or "PvP Resilience" on it, it's better than any PvE item.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-04-05 at 07:55 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I was also referring to any PvE trinkets that might be better then the On-Use trinket in PvP which I knew was my main option.

Example: Talbadar is using the trinket from Shado-Pan Assault.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=94510
    Last edited by Specialk; 2013-04-05 at 08:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialk View Post
    Example: Talbadar is using the trinket from Shado-Pan Assault.
    https://twitter.com/WoadenH2P/status/320225015134031873

Insignia + Breath of Hydra HC
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

the volatile one is pretty good for the proc, but with the pve trinkets being nerfed in arenas you will get better results timing pvp proc + on use than volatile.