Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    recount
    I recommend switching to Skada. It will show healing properly, and uses less data than recount does.



  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I recommend switching to Skada. It will show healing properly, and uses less data than recount does.
    Yea I noticed Skada has more features that I'm interested in. Just I'm too lazy to change lol. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I recommend switching to Skada. It will show healing properly, and uses less data than recount does.
    Less data also means... less data. If you are a raid leader or a tank, recount is invaluable because it allows more indepth in-game analasis. If your computer can support recount, there is no reason to use skada. Skada is only if your computer cant handle the memory hog that recount undeniably is


    Correct me I am wrong, but Skada lacks to option to seperate pets from owners.
    To display data from bosses, mobs, and unknown sources (i.e. bad shit on the ground)
    Especially showing the death logs from certain adds and stuff. It also breaks down an individuals spells in a much worse way and recount is a lot easier and more detailed about showing a person spell usage etc. Not sure about this part, havent used skada in over 1 year (and then only tested it to compare if anything hanged), and unless anything changed in the past year, skada just does not hold up to the same standards as recount does, other in that of it uses less memory.

    TLDR; Skada serves well if you only use damage meter for epeen, if all you wanna do is link in raid chat "Hey look at my dps!", simply because it use less memory, but if you actually use the damage meters for in-game combat log checking, you would be silly not to use recount. Recount can do everything skada can do, better, exept memory usage. However it is also more complex to use and requires more settings to be set.



    This box right here, is more important than any other feauture that both recount and skada offers, and as far as I know, skada lacks all those options, making it for me, a non option.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-04-10 at 11:06 PM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  4. #44
    For deathlogs i've found Deathnote to be a far superior addon with much bigger log + nice interface and easy filtering.

  5. #45
    Yeah! I heard about that but how does it compare to WoL? I never really give it the chance to try.

    Also on the topic of solo tanking. Jin'rokh might need someone else to taunt of for a few extra seconds after a throw or some sprint abuse to reset stacks. Noticed that stacks actually did not fall off in between the lightning strikes so if you go an entire cycle, it is gonna hurt. It is easier if you got some serious dps so the fight gets shorter. So yeah, jin'rokh not as easy as expected.
    Last edited by Firefly33; 2013-04-11 at 07:45 AM.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Less data also means... less data. If you are a raid leader or a tank, recount is invaluable because it allows more indepth in-game analasis. If your computer can support recount, there is no reason to use skada. Skada is only if your computer cant handle the memory hog that recount undeniably is


    Correct me I am wrong, but Skada lacks to option to seperate pets from owners.
    To display data from bosses, mobs, and unknown sources (i.e. bad shit on the ground)
    Especially showing the death logs from certain adds and stuff. It also breaks down an individuals spells in a much worse way and recount is a lot easier and more detailed about showing a person spell usage etc. Not sure about this part, havent used skada in over 1 year (and then only tested it to compare if anything hanged), and unless anything changed in the past year, skada just does not hold up to the same standards as recount does, other in that of it uses less memory.

    TLDR; Skada serves well if you only use damage meter for epeen, if all you wanna do is link in raid chat "Hey look at my dps!", simply because it use less memory, but if you actually use the damage meters for in-game combat log checking, you would be silly not to use recount. Recount can do everything skada can do, better, exept memory usage. However it is also more complex to use and requires more settings to be set.



    This box right here, is more important than any other feauture that both recount and skada offers, and as far as I know, skada lacks all those options, making it for me, a non option.
    I'm sorry I have to say this way. Your reply is very offensive. What are you trying to say? Cool people should use Recount, and anyone who use Skada or didn't know how to properly setup Recount is stupid? Have you looked at Skada's option? There are many features that Recount simply doesn't have. I didn't see what makes Recount's options supreme, even though it is more customizable than Skada.

    And, back to my problem, Recount simply never record my absorption properly, which I assume it won't record if it expires instead of breaks out (hypothesis, unconfirmed). Its fancy setting simply can't help with it. I just tried and confirmed Skada records, at least my dk's blood shield, more properly than Recount. I'm sure I can hack Recount to fix it, but this is a game, and I don't have to.

    People didn't write addons to compete which is the best in the world. They do it to make game and gamer easier. Everyone is free to choose whichever fits their requirement more, not which is the best in the world. I'm a physicist and in my area solving TDSE (some equation) is the most accurate and reliable way. But if you are just solving TDSE for every problem, I'm sorry you are a bad physicist.
    Last edited by jasonleekungfu; 2013-04-11 at 07:47 AM.

  7. #47
    Field Marshal Setokaiba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    I'm sorry I have to say this way. Your reply is very offensive. What are you trying to say? Cool people should use Recount, and anyone who use Skada or didn't know how to properly setup Recount is stupid? Have you looked at Skada's option? There are many features that Recount simply doesn't have. I didn't see what makes Recount's options supreme, even though it is more customizable than Skada.

    And, back to my problem, Recount simply never record my absorption properly, which I assume it won't record if it expires instead of breaks out (hypothesis, unconfirmed). Its fancy setting simply can't help with it. I just tried and confirmed Skada records, at least my dk's blood shield, more properly than Recount. I'm sure I can hack Recount to fix it, but this is a game, and I don't have to.

    People didn't write addons to compete which is the best in the world. They do it to make game and gamer easier. Everyone is free to choose whichever fits their requirement more, not which is the best in the world. I'm a physicist and in my area solving TDSE (some equation) is the most accurate and reliable way. But if you just solving TDSE for every problem, I'm sorry you are a bad physicist.
    please read his post first, none of what you said above is true or maybe you are just clueless

  8. #48
    w/e. I'm just done here. I thought I came here to learn.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    w/e. I'm just done here. I thought I came here to learn.
    Pretty much what above said. Read my post again. Maybe skada can count absorbs better, I actually have no idea. But for me as a tank, that does not nearly compare with the other feautures that recount offers that skada does not.

    Not calling anyone wrong for using skada since it is better if you do not have a lot of memory, or if you do not really use those numbers for anything. Basically, skada is a dps meter, recount is combat log viewer.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 08:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    There are many features that Recount simply doesn't have. I didn't see what makes Recount's options supreme, even though it is more customizable than Skada.
    What options does Skada have over recount. Honest question since I am not nearly as into skada as recount. Other than it tracks absorbs in a different way.

    As I mentioned earlier, the ability to track mob deaths and track data from unknown, boss and trash sources is invaluable to me atleast. As long as skada do not support this, I could never use it. Since it is according to me, the most impotant part of the damage meter, dont really use it for damage meter purposes but rather for raid leading and changing tactics.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yeah! I heard about that but how does it compare to WoL? I never really give it the chance to try.

    Also on the topic of solo tanking. Jin'rokh might need someone else to taunt of for a few extra seconds after a throw or some sprint abuse to reset stacks. Noticed that stacks actually did not fall off in between the lightning strikes so if you go an entire cycle, it is gonna hurt. It is easier if you got some serious dps so the fight gets shorter. So yeah, jin'rokh not as easy as expected.
    It's nicer since it doesn't really hog memory, and at the same time in most of my logs it showed ~30 secs worth of events before death (granted i don't know how many "events" it is, and don't really care to count), plus being able to see death on the fly w/o having to either upload, or life report + alt tab, does make it easier.

    Slightly more on topic of recount vs scada
    I haven't had 1 problem yet with my blood shield on a blood dk, so i'm not really sure what sort of problem recount can be having with it. And i wouldn't even consider it a memory hog (unless you keep like 10+ boss pulls in it's memory).

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I haven't had 1 problem yet with my blood shield on a blood dk, so i'm not really sure what sort of problem recount can be having with it. And i wouldn't even consider it a memory hog (unless you keep like 10+ boss pulls in it's memory).
    I keep 25 boss pulls Like being able to go back, especially on progress and check

    But I have enough memory to support it, so not an issue
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I keep 25 boss pulls Like being able to go back, especially on progress and check

    But I have enough memory to support it, so not an issue
    Is there some way of making recount show something that happened > 5 "combat phases" ago ? (That's as far as my drop down list goes).

    Plus i still feel that if you want to "analyse" data, you'd turn at WoL. For me recount is more like looking at quick things from pull to pull.
    And again, I only reset it, because i really don't care much for looking at things > 2 pulls ago.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Is there some way of making recount show something that happened > 5 "combat phases" ago ? (That's as far as my drop down list goes).

    Plus i still feel that if you want to "analyse" data, you'd turn at WoL. For me recount is more like looking at quick things from pull to pull.
    And again, I only reset it, because i really don't care much for looking at things > 2 pulls ago.
    You can go into Interface->Addons->Recount and set recorded fights between 1-25. Skada can be set to 1-30!!! So maybe that is one + for skada, you can look what happend 26-30 fights ago.

    And yes, I completely agree with you. WoL is best for analysing data. But I prefer recount during raids, and WoL after raid / somehing special. For me, recount is just a small portable WoL, which is easy to use in raids for checking something quickly. Recount is undeniably faster to use than WoL, but it also gives you a smaller picture, so using both is very wise. Maybe even using Deathnote aswell, using all 3 to get the clearest picture and most versitile use.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  14. #54
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    695
    Recount is great for 10mans, but on 25man fights with heavy raid damage phases (Elegon P3, Jin'rokh's Lightning Storm, etc) it causes fps drops and sometimes even game freezes.
    I raided t14 in 10man, and totally loved Recount. Now I'm raiding in 25man guild and having insane fps issues with it, so I have to pause it for certain fights.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •