Need tips for targeting on Horridon [Hunter]

For some reason I can't fathom, I always end up with Horridon between me and the adds. I'm adjusting, but the lost couple seconds is hurting both my dps and the guild's effort because we're right at the borderline for perfect execution of downing the adds. I'm already using nameplates, but obviously Horridon blocks them. We do tank him away from the adds, but Charge prevents it from being 100% of the time.

Is the answer simply a targeting macro? I'm just curious what other Hunters are doing. I thought about being closer in to the add pack, but between sand traps and frozen orbs it seemed like being at mid-range was a better idea.

I'm sure some people will say "learn to play" but I feel like I do know how to play at least at a level to be competitive on normal modes (I've never had a raid leader tell me otherwise). I've just never had a boss give me targeting fits like Horridon does.

Thanks
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm.

I'm using elvui and are just clicking their nameplates. if its not enough stand closer to door or tab target.

If that is not enough ask tank to tank horridon a bit further away.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Im targeting with mouse or tab, not so hard with max zoomed out (from macro).
    I only change target 2-4 times per door though

Ppl with charge is running away so horridon wont get in a bad spot, everyone already got fixed targets (2nd and 4th door).
    Interrupts and clicking dinomancers also premade.

Deleted
    In my raid, we tank the boss on the left side of the door (troll ads door) so I usually just sit somewhere on the right side of the door with the ads between the boss and me.

I use nameplates and camera zoomed out as far as it will go and just click them. This macro will let you zoom out further than the max in your interface options (put it in your mount macro if it doesn't stay on)

/console cameradistancemaxfactor 4

Watching some videos from hunter perspective is probably the most useful thing to do. The new video section on WoWProgress is nice for that since you can filter by class POV.

Heroic Horridon videos from hunters:
    http://www.wowprogress.com/encounter...o=hunter&spec=

I have this in two macros..

Door one, two and all Dinomancers
    /clear target
    /target Zandalari Dinomancer
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target
    /target Farraki Wastewalker
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target
    /target Gurubashi Venom Priest
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target

Door 3 and 4
    /clear target
    /target Drakkari Frozen Warlord
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target
    /target Armani Warbear
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target
    /target Armani'shi Beast Shaman
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target

Quote Originally Posted by Dieranged View Post
    I have this in two macros..

Door one, two and all Dinomancers
    /clear target
    /target Zandalari Dinomancer
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target
    /target Farraki Wastewalker
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target
    /target Gurubashi Venom Priest
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target

Door 3 and 4
    /clear target
    /target Drakkari Frozen Warlord
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target
    /target Armani Warbear
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target
    /target Armani'shi Beast Shaman
    /stopmacro [nodead,harm]
    /clear target
    You probably want to prioritize Beast Shamans above Warbears, at least for heroic. And put effusions above Venom priests like the above poster mentioned.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but you should only need /clear target at the beginning, right?

Deleted
    You should always be between horridon and the wall if he is being tanked correctly, in which case he will never be in your way.