Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Megaera Single Target SV Hunter Dps Issue.

Okay so today when I was doing Megaera I found my Dps to be low compared to what I was told I should pull on this fight. My ilvl is 514 now was 512 during the attempt I burst around 220-240k and sustain I was pulling around 103-105k Dps. We made it to the last head and wiped and that's usually where we got around to. Note that I never got to use my 2nd agil pot.

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Eutyr/simple

My World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=1530&e=1950

My opener is something along the lines of

1. BA
    2. ES
    3. Stampede
    4. RF
    5. aMoC
    6. Fervor
    7. SrS
    8. GT
    9. Explosive shot procs + Arcane shots.
    10. Then what ever i see fit.

Then through out the fight I try to keep BA and ES off cool down at all times make sure to prioritize those 2 spells over anything else and make sure I am getting them off cool down right away. I cant think of anything I am messing up during my rotations. I know I could be more crisp on my BA and ES right when they're coming off CD.

I also have a question when I am getting all my proc's like Lord Blastingtons scop and my 2 Trinket procs all up at the same time is they're something I should prioritize during this occurrence? or do I continue with my basic rotation?

Any Help Would be very appreciated on anything I could do to improve over all or any suggestions Thanks for your time.

*UPDATE* Okay so today Friday 4/5/2013 we attempted Megaera again and I have a worldoflogs it was some of our attempts and for the circumstance I went Thrill of the hunt over fervor because I was having some trouble so I decided to switch some things up But heres the log let me know what you guys find and how I can improve thanks

World of logs Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=1530&e=1950
    Last edited by Eutyr; 2013-04-06 at 06:44 PM.

If you and your other DPS are pulling 103-105k+ then it's not DPS that's wiping you guys. Especially after the nerfs. Try to double BA as much as possible, I did like 88-90k pre-nerf at like 489 or low 490's. On 10 man that is, I'm assuming you're also on 10.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-04-05 at 01:57 AM.

You really should be sustaining a good amount more than that with your ilvl but either way if you're pulling over 100k then DPS isn't your problem on this fight.

Right I understand this but I still want to be pulling what I should pull this fight we know what was going wrong on the fight I am just trying to correct my own Dps. And yes this is 10 man.

So again if anyone has anything I could try to improve on to improve my single target dps over all because I know I should be sustaining more then what I am and would love any helpful information to achieve that. Thanks.
    Last edited by Eutyr; 2013-04-05 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    You really should be sustaining a good amount more than that with your ilvl but either way if you're pulling over 100k then DPS isn't your problem on this fight.

There is no way in hell he should be sustaining a good amount more than that unless he's double dotting with ss and crows+BA with readiness. Pointless meter padding huzzah!

might be your strat my group had that issue and we switched order we now kill it weekly just doing blue>red>green>blue>red>green>blue
    and we lust on last

Quote Originally Posted by Roguez101 View Post
    might be your strat my group had that issue and we switched order we now kill it weekly just doing blue>red>green>blue>red>green>blue
    and we lust on last
    Well our strat and over all dps are not the issue we resolved the issue that was keeping us from downing the actual boss but that still doesn't justify me not pulling the dps I should this fight. So I am now trying to figure out what I can do to improve my single target Dps I feel I should at the very least be doing 110k sustain and just want to know what I can do or change or practice to achieve better single target dps. Ive been looking at forums on here like crazy to try and pick up some tips and tricks and adjustments to rotations and what not.

honestly im at the same IL as you (also a surv hunter) and i also pull the same so its not your dps

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 03:23 AM ----------

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B2ad/simple my armory

Quote Originally Posted by Roguez101 View Post
    honestly im at the same IL as you (also a surv hunter) and i also pull the same so its not your dps

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 03:23 AM ----------

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B2ad/simple my armory
    Well that makes me feel better because I was really getting hard on myself about it so I still feel I should do more though but if that's it then that's it

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you're killing a head before 4th stack, there's absolutely no need to aim higher. I'd even go as far as saying that too high dps can hurt on this boss, since 1 minute between rampages is absolutely perfect for healers to align their cooldowns. 100k is a solid number if everyone in the group does same dps.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthandir View Post
    There is no way in hell he should be sustaining a good amount more than that unless he's double dotting with ss and crows+BA with readiness. Pointless meter padding huzzah!
    I did 117,8k on Megaera myself with 513 ilvl, so yes, he should, and no I wasn't double dotting whatsoever. With that said I did have 2 piece set bonus (no set bonus from t14 at all), aswell as the Tortos 522 bow.

As for my Opener it goes like this -

Rapid Fire
    AMoC
    Stampede
    ES
    Fervor
    BA
    SpS
    GS

Now this is where it depends slightly, if I have a LnL proc, it will go like this -

ES
    ES
    ES
    CS
    Readiness
    ES
    GS

Now, if I don't get the LnL it will go like this -

CS
    Readiness
    ES
    GS

The reason there is this change is because of my 2set T15, the first Cobra shot will ALWAYS proc it, so you need to get it out with as many agi procs you can, once you do get the 2piece, consider that cobra shot worth 200k+ damage, instead of the standard.

As for dealing with agi procs, the way you wanna handle it is just keep your standard rotation, but if you know when it's going to proc (pre 5.2 trinkets) you should be pooling some focus, but not capping, so you can get more Arcane Shots off rather than Cobra Shots, but this is all you can do.
    The only other exception is with haste procs, you wanna try and be as low on focus as you can, so you can use more Cobra Shots during them, but those procs are so rare these days, don't even think there is one in TOT.

As other people have pointed out, the strategy is very important, if you're killing several blue heads, you may be out of range a lot, however if you have a Warlock, the overall raiddps increase a Demonic Gateway gives is massive.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    I did 117,8k on Megaera myself with 513 ilvl, so yes, he should, and no I wasn't double dotting whatsoever. With that said I did have 2 piece set bonus (no set bonus from t14 at all), aswell as the Tortos 522 bow.

As for my Opener it goes like this -

Rapid Fire
    AMoC
    Stampede
    ES
    Fervor
    BA
    SpS
    GS

Now this is where it depends slightly, if I have a LnL proc, it will go like this -

ES
    ES
    ES
    CS
    Readiness
    ES
    GS

Now, if I don't get the LnL it will go like this -

CS
    Readiness
    ES
    GS

The reason there is this change is because of my 2set T15, the first Cobra shot will ALWAYS proc it, so you need to get it out with as many agi procs you can, once you do get the 2piece, consider that cobra shot worth 200k+ damage, instead of the standard.

As for dealing with agi procs, the way you wanna handle it is just keep your standard rotation, but if you know when it's going to proc (pre 5.2 trinkets) you should be pooling some focus, but not capping, so you can get more Arcane Shots off rather than Cobra Shots, but this is all you can do.
    The only other exception is with haste procs, you wanna try and be as low on focus as you can, so you can use more Cobra Shots during them, but those procs are so rare these days, don't even think there is one in TOT.

As other people have pointed out, the strategy is very important, if you're killing several blue heads, you may be out of range a lot, however if you have a Warlock, the overall raiddps increase a Demonic Gateway gives is massive.
    Wow okay thanks man I really appriciate you're help, I will deffenitly work on some things and mess around with your opener a bit and see what I find. I hope you don't mind me private messaging you in the future, If I have more questions / need help. More advice and help is welcome. Ill try to get a world of logs post next week.

Like Kiea above me, ~100k at 512 is a bit low. I was sitting on 118k at 509 ilvl on our 2nd kill without any multidotting except double Black Arrows after a Readiness. This was without T15 2 set and with T14 2 set.

Concerning an opener, I do:

-0.00001 Pot (As close as you can time it)
    +0 SrS
    +1 ES
    +2 BA
    +3 RF+Berserking+Stampede
    +4 CS
    +5 AmoC+Fervor
    +6 GT
    +7 ES -- Assuming LnL procs by here
    +8 ES
    +9 ES
    +10 AS
    +11 AS
    +12 AS
    +13 AS
    +14 AS
    +15 ES
    +16 Readiness+ES
    +17 GT

No early LnL proc:
    +7 ES
    +8 AS (till LnL proc, shouldn't be long)
    +X ES
    X+1 ES
    X+2 ES
    X+3 Readiness+ES
    X+4 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Eutyr View Post
    Wow okay thanks man I really appriciate you're help, I will deffenitly work on some things and mess around with your opener a bit and see what I find. I hope you don't mind me private messaging you in the future, If I have more questions / need help. More advice and help is welcome. Ill try to get a world of logs post next week.
    Go ahead, i'm a bit behind of what I normally am this expansion due to quitting for the majority of the first tier and only raiding a little bit now, so everything I say is not 100% proven by theory and what not, but I have ranked highly on WoL on most bosses in the past (cata).

My general idea when you DPS though is to just "press buttons" it's the most important thing to do, if you are not pressing a button at some point, you better be in detterence or you're doing it wrong (Even then you can snake trap in detterence if the boss is under you... )

Also another important point is to make sure you're gear is done correctly, use sites like AskMrRobot.com, while generally I've been against AskMrRobot, with all the gear going about it's very useful to make sure you're reforged/gemmed correctly, however don't copy anything from it without looking at what it's telling you, since it is not always correct.

Other sites like FemaleDwarf.com for simulations to figure out which gear to use, forexample I had 522 head and 502 chest, I replaced my 496 chest and head tier, losing the 2set T14, but gaining DPS because of the big agility gain, I suggest you do the same if you have pieces lying around, but is afraid to lose your set bonuses.

Also, these are where my logs are http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/72301/
    Last edited by Kiea; 2013-04-05 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Like Kiea above me, ~100k at 512 is a bit low. I was sitting on 118k at 509 ilvl on our 2nd kill without any multidotting except double Black Arrows after a Readiness. This was without T15 2 set and with T14 2 set.

Concerning an opener, I do:

-0.00001 Pot (As close as you can time it)
    +0 SrS
    +1 ES
    +2 BA
    +3 RF+Berserking+Stampede
    +4 CS
    +5 AmoC+Fervor
    +6 GT
    +7 ES -- Assuming LnL procs by here
    +8 ES
    +9 ES
    +10 AS
    +11 AS
    +12 AS
    +13 AS
    +14 AS
    +15 ES
    +16 Readiness+ES
    +17 GT

No early LnL proc:
    +7 ES
    +8 AS (till LnL proc, shouldn't be long)
    +X ES
    X+1 ES
    X+2 ES
    X+3 Readiness+ES
    X+4 GT
    Ahhh okay I see so I do for sure have some things to work on, I know it would be hard to tell without a worldoflogs which ill try and get one soon, but what do you think could be my biggest mistake durring the fight for such a decent chunk of dps loss. I might be able to get a log tomorrow and ill post it up if I do otherwise next week for sure and ill also experiment around with your starting rotation, Thanks for taking the time to try and help me out it is much appriciated. I want to learn and turn my dps around more then anything kind of going psycho over it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-05 at 04:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    Go ahead, i'm a bit behind of what I normally am this expansion due to quitting for the majority of the first tier and only raiding a little bit now, so everything I say is not 100% proven by theory and what not, but I have ranked highly on WoL on most bosses in the past (cata).

My general idea when you DPS though is to just "press buttons" it's the most important thing to do, if you are not pressing a button at some point, you better be in detterence or you're doing it wrong (Even then you can snake trap in detterence if the boss is under you... )

Also another important point is to make sure you're gear is done correctly, use sites like AskMrRobot.com, while generally I've been against AskMrRobot, with all the gear going about it's very useful to make sure you're reforged/gemmed correctly, however don't copy anything from it without looking at what it's telling you, since it is not always correct.

Other sites like FemaleDwarf.com for simulations to figure out which gear to use, forexample I had 522 head and 502 chest, I replaced my 496 chest and head tier, losing the 2set T14, but gaining DPS because of the big agility gain, I suggest you do the same if you have pieces lying around, but is afraid to lose your set bonuses.

Also, these are where my logs are http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/72301/
    Yeah ive really been researching a lot recently on many forums and ive been using femaledwarf and mrrobot and simcraft to help me out with some things also been trying to pick skilled players brains and what not. Yeah, I am just glad to have somone willing to help even if it's not 100% proven still good information and will be useful to me in one way or another.

But yeah ive really been trying to tighten down on my rotation through out the fight and by that I mean getting the most important spells on cool down as fast as possible. But like I said its hard to evaluate what im doing wrong or what i could improve on without a log , so ill for sure get that soon.

Alright thanks man ill for sure be looking at your logs and im sure ill be messaging you soon with some questions and again thanks for helping out.

Also one make sure you have as many raidbuffs in your raid, in my group we are 2 debuffs short, 4% physical and 10% Attack speed, However I give the 10% attack speed, but not the 4% physical, meaning my damage is a bit lower, and in 25mans, there are a lot more Stormlash Totems and Crit Banners, boosting their dps, as both are a 1k DPS increase for me per shaman and warrior. (we have 1 warrior and 1 shaman in our 10man)

Another thing I forgot to mention is, even if you don't have 2piece T15, you should always apply a Cobra shot during your burst (you prolly have a rapid fire+BL on most fights) active at this point it's a 1sec cast and it refreshes your Serpent Sting, making sure Serpent Sting has the power of all your agi procs (For me I believe it's 24k+ agility during burst, this significantly increases your SpS damage.
    Last edited by Kiea; 2013-04-05 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Post some logs, without it it is really hard to help with "fix my dps" issues.
    But honestly with this iLvL i think you are doing just fine and tactics is the main issue. I checked my alt logs and i've pulled ~110-115k in 516 iLvL last week 10man.
    It all comes to how many torrent of ice have you had during the fight and the raidcomp you have (lack of certain buffs/debuffs uptimes).

Deleted
    This DPS looks absolutely normal to me for this fight/ilvl. If you are having real problems just cheese it with 4 healers, that is what we did when we had some problems, now we do it with 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just 506 sv hunter here but I usually keep around 120-125k sustained. (troll here so keep in mind +5%)
    What I find works for me is trying to accommodate my rotation a little to my trinkets. I have the same trinkets as you only thunder-forged Renataki.
    Rather than popping the second RF asap I wait the full 22icd before I pop it again to increase the up-time.
    Then 22 seconds after the second proc I pop berserking.

And as mentioned Cs updates your SS so make sure you use cobra on the last few stacks of renataki and then try to avoid using cobra for as long as possible.
    Makes a big difference that, at the peak of renataki and other procs active im looking at like 150k ap.
    Not a big fan of toth or fevor for sv, dire beast just feels more fluent for my rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Serpent Sting 8819653 17.2 %

17.2 %

17.2 %

Oh realllllly.