Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yesterday I killed it second time ever but for me obvious choice is BM for this fight. A did 130k without special efford. Mayby try this spec? BM is still superior on pure single target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Yesterday I killed it second time ever but for me obvious choice is BM for this fight. A did 130k without special efford. Mayby try this spec? BM is still superior on pure single target fights.
    Hmmm okay ill try BM on Megaera next time i find it hard to believe that you pulled 130k unless you were cleaving or multi-doting but either way BM is single target superior so ill give it a go. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eutyr View Post
    Hmmm okay ill try BM on Megaera next time i find it hard to believe that you pulled 130k unless you were cleaving or multi-doting but either way BM is single target superior so ill give it a go. Thanks.
    well, have a look at his gear. 130k isn't that unusual with an itemlevel of 524. i did 148k as bm with an itemlevel of 522 on megaera normal without multidotting. So i would say BM is better in this fight.

I know you wanted help more in the DPS area than in the overall fight strategy area, but i'll tell you a little something my group did that made the fight much easier.

When we first got to it, we were going to use the strategy to keep the frost head alive the entire time and only kill greens and reds. It was suggested in strategy vids we'd seen that this was the best way to do it. However by the time we would get to the last head, we'd have so many dead green heads, they'd all be in the background just chain casting those poison explosions all over the place and it was kinda horrific to heal through. We were resistant to switch strategies, because we didn't want to deal with multiple red heads in a row because that dot they put on the tanks is awful.

But eventually we decided to try killing them from right to left so it was green > blue > red > green > blue > red > green like that and we killed it on the very first try, quite easily too. It's actually kinda mindblowing how much easier it was doing it this way as opposed to leaving blue alive the entire time. Now megaera is just another boss we one-shot on our weekly clears.

I don't know if you're raid is doing that "keep blue alive" strategy or not, but just thought i'd throw this out here just in case.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Deleted
    Try 4 healing it. Your dps is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    well, have a look at his gear. 130k isn't that unusual with an itemlevel of 524. i did 148k as bm with an itemlevel of 522 on megaera normal without multidotting. So i would say BM is better in this fight.
    148k would literally be the #1 western rank on either 10 or 25 man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conando View Post
    148k would literally be the #1 western rank on either 10 or 25 man.
    yes, that is me on 10 man.
    Last edited by mmoc2e566de5ba; 2013-04-08 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eutyr View Post
    My logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8228&e=8636. Pure single target. To be exact I did 128k and it was rank #42. But it's normal, and with my gear i should do more. Maybe next week I'll try SV, just to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    My logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8228&e=8636. Pure single target. To be exact I did 128k and it was rank #42. But it's normal, and with my gear i should do more. Maybe next week I'll try SV, just to compare.
    Oh ok makes sense now sorry, Yeah ill try BM and see how it compares