Deleted

[Resto] Am I doing something wrong?

Some guildmates just got in touch with me to ask me some questions about my druid because they looked at a Megaera kill log from another guild on our server and their resto druid was top for heals (healing alongside a holy paladin, mistweaver and a resto shaman) while I was behind our disc priest and holy paladin. I don't really know what to say to them since I think I'm doing everything fine?

The logs in question are here worldoflogs.com/reports/rwzi8rapjhi2thbe/dashboard/?s=9615&e=10132

I don't have logs for myself unfortunately but basically the question is how is his healing so high? Comparing myself to him, I don't have the 2-set bonus that he does that might account for something there? I'm also rolling with Nature's Swiftness while he's got Cenarion Ward. I also use SoTF as opposed to Incarnation because I prefer it for the constant AoE damage in later phases, also the fast super-tranq is nice when stuff starts to hit the fan as the last head is going down. My RL mentioned something about HoT ticks so now that I think about it it's probably all those Lifeblooms from his Incarnation that makes him seem that way? What do you guys think?

I'm looking at buff uptimes and comparing them to what I usually have and there's nothing different between us, so why is this guy's healing so high?

Since they have 4 healers, I guess he is the 1st to heal everyone up. In my guild on megeara (I am a mistweaver), I am healing along a hpala and rdruid. The druid is always last on healing, while I am very very close to the pala (their OP mastery ).

I think it's a matter of the other resto druid wanting to be top in meters badly and you only caring about killing the boss. Other than that, try different talents, you may like them. I, for instance, wasn't using chi torpedo for a period on megaera, just because I was thinking that I could not afford 2 GCDS during the late rampages. I tried it and it worked fine. Try out stuff. Also, the more you play the encounter, the more you learn it and that yields in crazy amounts of healing because of automatism.

He isn't healing with a disc priest and a pally, as a resto druid you rely on your hots but you heal with two classes that stack bubbles during downtime they snipe heals it would be very hard for you to top either of them right now pallys and disc priests are just so strong due to their ability to sit and stack absorbs especially on fights where there are long down times between high damage outputs.

OK, there are issues with comparing your raid's logs to others, at the best of times, and Megeara is probably the worst choice to compare between raids when strictly looking at the numbers and numbers only.

1. The raid group you linked is burning green heads fairly often, leading to far more acid rain raid damage, leading to overall higher heals. Is your group killing green heads as much? If not, there will be no possible way for you to compare in total heals, since the raid damage is paltry if you kill more blue and red heads than green.

2. A druid will always look poor next to a disc priest and pally this tier, assuming relatively equal skill. You are at a disadvantage here compared to the other druid.

3. That other raid group isnt using a mistweaver, its a brewmaster essentially outhealing the shaman. Ive seen tanks do very strong amounts of healing in this fight, but it should never be enough to beat a full time heals, and I would expect this shaman to be an OS healer, based on his or her play. Completely missed using some CDs and massive under-use of the ones that were used. Again, this looks better for the other druid, since they are really only 2+.5+.5 healing the fight.

I like to use ToL for this fight because it times out nicely with rampages, and since my group tends to not kill green heads much, but I can understand using SoTF in the event that your group favors green heads. I don't see much need for cenarion ward as I almost always find uses for NS, but I can understand it for this fight. That said, Cenarion ward isnt going to boost your heals that much.

Just make sure you are taking advantage of all your druid tools this fight...ie harmony and LB stacks near 100%, kitty/sprint for cinders or ice, and Shrooms(!). Shrooms can end up being a massive heal for Meg, you can easily get a full bloom each rampage, as long as you time it for when most of the raid is like 70% health or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Karcher View Post
    Some guildmates just got in touch with me to ask me some questions about my druid because they looked at a Megaera kill log from another guild on our server and their resto druid was top for heals (healing alongside a holy paladin, mistweaver and a resto shaman) while I was behind our disc priest and holy paladin. I don't really know what to say to them since I think I'm doing everything fine?
    this matter is simple, if these guys who are asking you, dont understand that the only chance you have to top against pally and disc is constant medium level dmg with players spread around a lot, then it s their lack of understanding healing mechanics of different classes, and not your fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    1. The raid group you linked is burning green heads fairly often, leading to far more acid rain raid damage, leading to overall higher heals. Is your group killing green heads as much? If not, there will be no possible way for you to compare in total heals, since the raid damage is paltry if you kill more blue and red heads than green.
    Ahh, forgot to mention, we are constantly burning red and green heads only as well.

And yeah you're totally right about that being a Brewmaster, I'm not sure how I missed that. And again correct about the shaman since the Brewmaster managed more healing than him. That definitely puts things into perspective for me and helps me understand this a bit better. I was certain I was doing everything as I should but the fact that the druid managed such high healing in comparison to me had me start to doubt myself, owch.

I have pretty much 100% up-time on both Lifebloom and Harmony yep, and of course make use of the mushrooms for where we stack up for the rampages.

Anyways I feel enlightened now that I realize the "competing" raid log in question was basically two-healed, and the druid isn't so disadvantaged by the healing make-up as I am so thanks a lot for all the help with this, it's much appreciated!

Deleted
    You don´t need to feel bad at all. If you heal with hpala and discpriest than ask your friends not to use shields and than you can compare Maegera is very bad boss to compare. There is a lot of ways how to kill and you never know which strategy, raid stacking and raid healing which guild use. If you would like to top your healing on this boss than:

- for each rampage there has to be spot where raid will stack, cannot be random because of chance to place your shrooms before enough to stack, bloom tham at the end of rampage and put to the other spot for next rampage (repeat till the last rampage)
    - if you don´t care about overheal than use tranquil as often since the first rampage as possible (no reason, but for numbers is good - whan you gmates are waiting just numbers?)
    - you can go with Soft build or ToL build, with soft it is easy to combine it with WG on CD, with ToL you only have to plan for last two rampages to have CD on tranquil and ToL for each, for the rest do it on CD
    - ask your disc priest to DPS more, you can heal instead of him sometimes and his DPS will help to your raid more than waste of healing if not neccesary

On my mind there is no reason to heal so much, the point is to kill the boss not to beat numbers.

Last think, if your mates want you to be top ask them to give you 4pc of set That will help for sure.
    Don´t worry about that and give a link to this topic.
    Last edited by mmoccbb18e3757; 2013-04-10 at 09:10 AM.

If you want to compare yourself to a similar setup, you can look at our logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vw...?s=5828&e=6270

I also heal with a pala and disc, and I don't stand a chance on that boss. Spirit Shell ist vastly OP, and pala bubbles suck even more. Don't feel bad for being 3rd on that boss, there's no way you can outheal equally skilled palas or discs here.