Switching old parts to a new case, help?

After reading through the whole "Post your gaming setup" thread, I've been considering highly to get a new case.

But.. I wonder, is it THAT simple to just switch everything over? And if I do so, is there anything I should 'worry' about? It all sounds and looks fairly simple. But as an 'amateur' I have no idea. I've only done the occasional swapping of VGA-cards, RAM and HDD's (and a power supply once) but never fully removed the Motherboard.
    If there are any tips on that, I'd LOVE to hear them. And if I have to acquire myself new stuff, please tell so aswell.

Switching cases is just like building a new computer all over again except with dusty/dirty parts. Mounting the motherboard is no problem at all its just as easy as anything else, i wouldn't worry about it. Although theres really no reason just to buy a new case unless your old one is just that ugly or your parts are overheating.

Honestly, the entire pc is unplugging parts and plugging them back in in the same places. Two areas of concern would be, make sure you statically short yourself, meaning either get a static strap or make sure you always touch the case when you touch a component such as the motherboard.

Other than that its really as simple as paying attention to where things are plugged in and putting them back exactly as they are. The OS will not know the difference as the case has no bearing on anything other than airflow.

Deleted
    Get some compressed air and clean everything before putting it in the new case, get some zip ties for cable management and just go for it. If you are worried about forgetting where something goes then take a picture of your mobo before disconnecting everything and it should be really easy.

Deleted
    Also, reading through this topic should prevent some beginner mistakes.

If you're unsure of what you're doing, take lots of progress pictures and then just use them for reference when reasembling in your new case. Your biggest issue will likely be the front panel headers. Most everything has it's own connection and it's rather hard to plug the wrong thing in the wrong place. Don't forget to move your motherboard standoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    my sig is putting a prebuilt Asus CM5675-09 into a Storm Scout II case, then upgrading it a bit. hope that gives you an idea.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage