Deleted

Questions about pets

Hey guys and girls!

So i have been lvl 90 for some time now and got into a raiding guild, last night they asked me what pets i have for raids and what buffs they provide, it turns out that i havent even thought about what pets to tame to be able to cover missing buffs!

So my question for you raiding hunters out there is simply advices on good pets and what they cover buffwise!
    I am playing survival and use a raptor as of right now!

Many thx for replys!

tallstrider for aoe sunder
    spore bat for spell haste
    wolf for crit
    serpent for attack speed

bm:
    corehound for lust
    quillen for brez

Get a sporebat.

All jokes aside depends on your raid group composition to cover those missing buffs (all pets except for spirit beasts can be tamed in ~5 min).

One of the generally better ones is Tallstrider (tauren chicken) which has AoE armor reduction. Everything else depends on the group comp.

Get RaidChecklist addon, it has a simple interface and tells you what you miss in your raid group
    As a hunter, it helped me quite a lot to decide which pet should be out in raid

If you are raiding in a 10 man comp then your pet will matter a lot more than in 25 man. In 25 man groups all buffs should be already covered so it really shouldn't matter which pet you are using. For 25 I know a lot of people use tallstriders, but spore bats are also a good alternative.

Boar for 4% phys damage debuff, wind serpent for 5% magic damage debuff.

Might be good to have a hyena/snake as well. Sometimes my 10 man group is missing attack speed buff (we have no dks, and the rogue/enhance shaman are not there every raid).

I usually run with a sporebat, wolf, snake, spirit beast, and then my last spot is whatever I feel like, currently a direhorn. It'd be probably better to run with a tallstrider instead, but I don't like them, and it's very rare I raid not using my sporebat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    tallstrider for aoe sunder
    spore bat for spell haste
    wolf for crit
    serpent for attack speed

bm:
    corehound for lust
    quillen for brez
    Pretty much this ^ list is what I run with...but of course it entirely depends on your raid make up. If all buffs are covered I would suggest running with a Tallstrider.

10+ Year Old Account
    here's a lil chart i found. take out of it what you will. but its kinda handy.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the chart has some wrong numbers on buffs, but is correct overall.
    I'll agree about RaidChecklist addon, it's just awesome for hunters.
    Old Gods made me do it.