Soul Shard Problems

I've started playing as affliction a few days ago and I've noticed that my nightfall procs have been few and far inbetween. Thus my dps has been pretty low because I havn't been able to throw out as many haunts as I'd like to. I open up with haunt+ Soul Swap dots on my target and thats the only time I SS is in the opener. Is this a haste issue? I'm only running around with about 3100 haste, but the procs just arent happening I guess. I start out very strong at the beginning of the fight, but just seem to fall off once I can't get any Nightfall procs. Any advice/tips would be stellar, thanks!

Your haste is very low. Try to get 4200 haste and pray to RNG gods. That should help.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Your haste is very low. Try to get 4200 haste and pray to RNG gods. That should help.
    I'm curious as to where you got this random 4200 number from.

4717, 6631, and 9211 are the general break points that we aim for as affliction. And as vague as Chrispotter's post was, it wasn't entirely incorrect either. The more haste you have the better your soul shard generation will become.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    I'm curious as to where you got this random 4200 number from.

4717, 6631, and 9211 are the general break points that we aim for as affliction. And as vague as Chrispotter's post was, it wasn't entirely incorrect either. The more haste you have the better your soul shard generation will become.
    There's a break point at 4198 as well. It's what we shot for very early Mists and probably the first breakpoint of note.

15+ Year Old Account
    So if rolling GoSac where Mastery>Haste, do you still want to aim for that first Haste Breakpoint first?